new route needed bobin head to st leonards

Beating the system - the cycling commuting section

new route needed bobin head to st leonards

Postby trek52 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:36 am

Anyone have any ideas how to get from Bobin Head -city side to St Leonards with out being killed ?? Is the pacfic hwy safe ? any ideas on a back way
trek52

by BNA » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:45 am

BNA

Re: new route needed bobin head to st leonards

Postby beefa69 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:45 am

Hi,

I have just started commuting to the city from St Ives and dont touch the Pac highway at all... you may need to take it from Bobbin head rd to Gordon however..

If you can get to Park Avenue, Gordon (Where the cop shop is on corner of Pac Highway) turn right onto Werona Ave and follow. This road runs parallel to the Pac highway but on the other side of the train line.
This road will run all the way to Boundary Rd, I cross at the set of lights and keep going down Archer St all the way to Mowbray. Turn Right onto Mowbray and after about 200m is a Cycle Only turn off... take this and follow the Bike Path signs that will take you round the back of Artarmon Reserve the look for St Leonards exit. :)
beefa69

Postby aussieboy13 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:49 am

To be honest. I ride from Turramurra to Lane Cove on the highway the whole way. The only worrying bits are when you get to chatswood it backs up a litte. You can take the road that runs parrallel with the highway but depends on how many hills you like as it is one lane with lots of traffic that tends to turn right at the top of one of the hills.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
-- Albert Einstein
aussieboy13

Postby Boognoss » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:14 pm

Would part of this route work for you? http://connect.garmin.com/activity/53032283

I commute from Castle Hill to St Leonards, but this ride was to a friend's place in Waitara. It utilises the Browns Waterhold track plus tunnel under the M2.
2011ish Avanti Quantum (DIY), 2010 Specialized Tricross, 2010 Salsa Casseroll

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Return to Commuting