It appears Mr Angrypants is back...

B

It appears Mr Angrypants is back...

Postby B » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:59 pm

Did anyone riding on the PSP next to the Mitchell Freeway between Glendalough and Leederville encounter Mr Angrypants today? This guy has been on the path in the past and has scared many a cyclist and on the odd occasion also tried to attack a few cars and in all situations I have witnessed, it has been an unprovoked attack.

He rides a mountain bike and generally chases people while shouting obscenities or in the past has thrown rocks at cyclists and drivers.

Does anyone know what the protocol is for reporting this guy and who do you report it to? Just worried that he could potentially cause a real issue for unsuspecting cyclists. I'm not sure whether he is all there...

Any assistance appreciated..

B

The Womble

Re: It appears Mr Angrypants is back...

Postby The Womble » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:04 pm

Mod Edit: comment removed (inciting violence.) Watch your mouth please Womble: this is a family-friendly forum.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Does he have a reddish complexion? Could be a problem with "ice", or "P" as they call it in En Zud. Regardless, stay well away and call the local plod immediately.

B

Postby B » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:14 pm

Thanks for the info..Will definitely be staying well away.

Its probably 1 of 2 potential problems. Not the right medication for paranoid schizo and needs to up the dose or as mentioned coming down from a high in a bad way.. Either way, spells trouble..

roller

Postby roller » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:04 am

really need someone to snap pics of this guy if it is who i think it is.

and i won't know if it is who i think it is, unless i see a pic.

VICIOUS CYCLE!
inflammatory statement or idea

zues

Postby zues » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:26 am

Reminds me of a character with red curly hair and built like a brick shithouse who use to ride around bare foot and shirtless.
This was about 15-25 years ago.
Noticed him mostly around Vic Park but he rode around all over the place weaving through traffic and usually full on- shouting abuse at drivers and pedestrians-seemed happy enough.
He rode an old single speed or fixie long before they became fashionable.
I wonder if its the same guy.

Chaderotti

Postby Chaderotti » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:29 am

My dad told me about the same guy. I think he was hit by a bus and ever since he always yells at busses or something.
Couple months ago we saw a guy who kind of met the description in Midland screaming and stuff, my dad had a nostalgia fit :P
Princess
Mistress = Pinarello Opera, Ultegra SL
Mistress #2 = Drag Bluebird

wagr1213

Postby wagr1213 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:50 pm

zues wrote:Reminds me of a character with red curly hair and built like a brick shithouse who use to ride around bare foot and shirtless.
Noticed him mostly around Vic Park but he rode around all over the place weaving through traffic and usually full on- shouting abuse at drivers and pedestrians-seemed happy enough.

He he - you mean "Mad Adrian" and yes he is still around though now he seems to haunt the Midland - Guildford - Bassendean area. this guy has a page on facebook dedicated to him - thats how much of an urban legend he is!
At least he rides a bike albeit barefoot an no helmet
Just dont get him revved up ! lol

Malvern Star Oppy A4 Operator

fixed

Postby fixed » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:10 pm

NO! It is not Adrian. Adrian is famous, but harmless.

There is a particularly aggressive person who rides a bike and shapes to throw punches, screams ransom abuse and threaten shoulder charges as you ride past in an opposite direction.

I was riding with a senior Bikewest staff to a Department of Sport and Rec meeting along the PSP from Northbridge to Leederville when this character veered aggressively towards us screaming some unintelligible abuse.

I stopped turned around and went after him in order to take his photo.
He stopped, threw his bike over the fence to the Freeway and rode his bike across the entry lane to the eastbound Polly-Pipe, narrowly missed by cars travelling at 80kmh. He then rode along the James St exit. I didn't follow. Then the adrenalin started hitting synapses and direct action was a definitely appealing option which I chose not to do.

I have asked at Phil and Gary at Riders Choice Leederville if they have ever seen or heard of this character. They have but no-one has a photo of him as yet. The same goes for senior staff at DSR. Some colleagues at Water Corp have suffered this as well.

I urge anyone riding this section of path to be careful of this person's actions, and to be prepared for his unprovoked attacks.

I have lurked around there (Leederville/Glendalough) at various times since October with my camera at hand but havent seen him since, I can remember his face and bike and will ensure that he gets a very stern visit from various authorities when I catch up with him.

Steven
BTAWA
The bicycle is a curious vehicle. Its passenger is its engine.

redned

Postby redned » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:27 pm

Have you seen the fellow with a bicycle near Leederville/Glendalough hiding behind trees with a camera trying to take photos of cyclists? I have tried to take a photo of him taking photos.

roller

Postby roller » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:51 pm

fixed wrote:There is a particularly aggressive person who rides a bike and shapes to throw punches, screams ransom abuse and threaten shoulder charges as you ride past in an opposite direction.
yep, this sounds like the person i've encountered near claisebrook station and also on the wyndan bridge.

saw him nearly kick a chick in the head because she ventured into his lane (she was back in her lane well before she passed him going in the opposite direction)

giwi2

Postby giwi2 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:20 pm

wagr1213 wrote:
zues wrote:Reminds me of a character with red curly hair and built like a brick shithouse who use to ride around bare foot and shirtless.

He he - you mean "Mad Adrian" and yes he is still around though now he seems to haunt the Midland - Guildford - Bassendean area. this guy has a page on facebook dedicated to him - thats how much of an urban legend he is!
At least he rides a bike albeit barefoot an no helmet
Just dont get him revved up ! lol

OMGosh - I remember Adrian. I had an encounter with him in Vic park about 10 years ago. i was sitting in my car at a set of traffic lights when he rode up next to see and screamed through the open drivers window. Scared the absolute bejesus out of me. he laughed and rode off. When ever i saw him he was always wearing a green t-shirt and black stubby shorts and would bounce along while riding his pushy. Wondered what happend to him.

In terms of Adrian's red face my wife who works in the field of Psychiatry thinks it is as possibly a side affect of medication that she suspects he maybe taking. Either way I have always heard that he has been confonting but always harmless.

Unlike the character that Fixed refers to. He sounds down right scary.
2009 Scott Sportster
2009 Specialized Roubaix Expert

Clownshoes

Postby Clownshoes » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:52 pm

Haha this thread is awesome. I just moved back to Perth from Busselton and this is the kind of action I've been missing out on. I catch the Midland/Perth line all the time so will keep an eye out for Mad Adrian :lol:

I remember a few years back when I was living in Perth there was a crazy b^%ch who rode around on a scooter (the motorised kind) with an Australian flag attached to the back hurling all kinds of abuse at unsuspecting pedestrians and restaurant patrons, normally around the Leederville and Subiaco cafe strips. I wonder if she is still around?

jet-ski

Postby jet-ski » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:15 pm

She is still around Clownshoes but she rides bicycles now.
Bike Friday New World Tourist, Schwinn Le Tour Sport, Giant TCR, Giant STP2, 9:zero:7 fattie

zues

Postby zues » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:27 pm

Yeah thats Adrian allright.
Glad to know he is still alive :D
He must be about my age-noticed he rides a better bike now gears and all.

showbag

Postby showbag » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:48 pm

Adrian is alive and well by the looks of it ... he was in Old Perth Road in Bassendean riding on the footpath about 2 1/2 hours ago

roller

Postby roller » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:13 pm

do you reckon there's like a bizarro forum somewhere that all the various perth crazies are members of and discuss their day to day wanderings?

like the crazy flag lady, angry adrian, crazy-guy-who-yells-at-people and so on and so on. . .

www.crazy-perth-crew.com/forums

hmmmm *ruminates*

i guess they probably don't have internet access.

GrumpySmurf

Postby GrumpySmurf » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:32 pm

5.40am this morning on Mounts Bay Rd, heard some typically colourful abuse, except this time it was from the bike path (we were a group of 30 going at 45khp on the road). I was watching the wheel in front of me so didn't get to take a look at him, but am pretty sure he was on a bike.

fixed

Postby fixed » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:39 pm

redned wrote:Have you seen the fellow with a bicycle near Leederville/Glendalough hiding behind trees with a camera trying to take photos of cyclists? I have tried to take a photo of him taking photos.
Is this an attempt at humour?
Not appreciated
The bicycle is a curious vehicle. Its passenger is its engine.

pixola

Postby pixola » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:15 pm

GrumpySmurf wrote:5.40am this morning on Mounts Bay Rd, heard some typically colourful abuse, except this time it was from the bike path (we were a group of 30 going at 45khp on the road). I was watching the wheel in front of me so didn't get to take a look at him, but am pretty sure he was on a bike.
Yeah I saw him.. young bloke.. on a normal flat bar bike. Wearing black pants/shirt. Black hair. About 5'8-5'10. I thought maybe he didn't like being overtaken in the opposite direction

Did you see the 2 guys in a White Rego-less Commodore at the Bicton tennis courts who made it a point to blow a Vuvuzela at me as they drove past !

just4tehhalibut

Postby just4tehhalibut » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:31 pm

It appears that the original Mr Angrypants is legend, I heard that back when buses had those hooks on the back for prams he used to hang off these. Not why the hooks were eventually moved, the odd incident with a bus driving off while a child and pram were still attached killed these off. And apparently for all the noise he makes he gets about, he was in Bali a couple of months ago. He's harmless, just scary to old ladies.

B

Postby B » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:03 am

(AT) Fixed

Yes, that is the guy alright. He is a very loose cannon! If I see him again will try to get a photo so he can be reported..

Safe journeys over the Xmas break all...

Chaderotti

Postby Chaderotti » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:12 am

mad adrian must have legs and lungs of steel with the way he pedals.
Princess
Mistress = Pinarello Opera, Ultegra SL
Mistress #2 = Drag Bluebird

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:30 am

giwi2 wrote:OMGosh - I remember Adrian. I had an encounter with him in Vic park about 10 years ago. i was sitting in my car at a set of traffic lights when he rode up next to see and screamed through the open drivers window. Scared the absolute bejesus out of me. he laughed and rode off. When ever i saw him he was always wearing a green t-shirt and black stubby shorts and would bounce along while riding his pushy. Wondered what happend to him.
He's still around. I saw him in the Murray Street Mall the other day chatting to someone. He seems calmer now than a few years ago.
<removed by request>

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:34 pm

The story goes that Adrian was an ex UWA student, I think Medical.

I would not have called him powerfully built at the time but he was trim and muscled and well tanned. Youwould have been hard pressed to be certain about what his hair colour was as it was usually pretty grubby - sort of precursor to the dredlocks fashion.

Always gave the appearance that he was out of control with rage but occassionally someone would take an aggressive forward step to him and he would simply back off. Seemed he was someone who liked to bluff all and sundry but was not serioulsy gonna do anyone any damage.

Yeah, dunno where he went.
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle