hannos

Re: Another RIP

Postby hannos » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:57 pm

That's so sad :(
2010 BMC SLC01

kibnedyo

Postby kibnedyo » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:47 pm

The story sent a chill down my spine. It sounds very similar to an incident I was lucky to walk from unscathed. This will bring back a few nightmares.

The recurring theme continues to be vehicles turning left around a bicycle. To me it is the most dangerous 'regular' hazard we face.

I greatly feel for the Father who saw the incident unfold.

itsaghostcar

Postby itsaghostcar » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:55 pm

Terrible news, and so young too. My heart goes out to the friends and family. Especially the father who saw it all happen. Judging merely by the pic of the father's bike, I'd assume he was quite the cycling enthusiast, and was probably delighted to have his son out with him.

mods - can we merge threads ...

Max

Postby Max » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:07 pm

Just awful. Every single one of those comments, except one, was a message of sincere sorrow for the boy's loss.

But, like in every crowd, there's always one tosser:
Richard Bilyansky of Sth Mel wrote:Roads are the last place that should be used as a leisure activity, namely bike riding. Go to the Beach Road on a weekend and there are thousands of stupid people using the road for leisure, namely bike riding and it's just dumb. Roads are a transport infastructure, not a playground for adults with a mid life crisis
:roll:

My sincerest condolences to the family of the dead teenager. No parent should ever have to bury their child. :cry:

Max
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy

jet-ski

Postby jet-ski » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:10 pm

RIP young fella. :(
Bike Friday New World Tourist, Schwinn Le Tour Sport, Giant TCR, Giant STP2, 9:zero:7 fattie

The Womble

Postby The Womble » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:13 pm

Ill have some words for Richard when I get home :|

roller

Postby roller » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:21 pm

Max wrote:Just awful. Every single one of those comments, except one, was a message of sincere sorrow for the boy's loss.

Richard Bilyansky of Sth Mel wrote:Roads are the last place that should be used as a leisure activity, namely bike riding. Go to the Beach Road on a weekend and there are thousands of stupid people using the road for leisure, namely bike riding and it's just dumb. Roads are a transport infastructure, not a playground for adults with a mid life crisis

My sincerest condolences to the family of the dead teenager. No parent should ever have to bury their child. :cry:

Max
maybe someone should contact him direct, let him know just how ridiculous and insensitive his comments are:

Port Phillip United JFC

bilyansky@hotmail.com

Fawkner Park, Toorak Road South

Yarra VIC 3141 Melway REF 2L C6

President Richard Bilyansky 0432 072 835
inflammatory statement or idea

The Womble

Postby The Womble » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:45 pm

Should this go viral? Yes!
Ill be emailing the guy for starters

hannos

Postby hannos » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:50 pm

hehe Hope my comment gets posted...
2010 BMC SLC01

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:55 pm

How awful. What a tragic incident and right before Christmas. Just awful. My condolences to the family as well.
Amateur oenologist and green-friendly commuter.

goodlookingcyclist

Postby goodlookingcyclist » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:22 pm

roller wrote:
Max wrote:Just awful. Every single one of those comments, except one, was a message of sincere sorrow for the boy's loss.

Max
maybe someone should contact him direct, let him know just how ridiculous and insensitive his comments are:

Port Phillip United JFC

bilyansky@hotmail.com

Part of the problem is that he thinks like that, the other part, and mayby even the worst bit is that it was allowed to be posted onto the site.
Very sad.

My condolences to the family .
Image Image Image

roller

Postby roller » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:30 pm

Oxford wrote:
roller wrote:

Port Phillip United JFC

bilyansky@hotmail.com

First things first, how sure are you that this is the person who posted? Its not beyond a malicious person to post exact details such as what was posted of someone else to have them flamed. I'd tread very carefully anyone deciding to take vigilante action that is not via the blog itself.

I would be asking for the blog post to be removed first and foremost due to its lack of tact.
it could be an alien doing it to create disharmony on our planet in order to keep us distracted while they prepare to take over the earth.
inflammatory statement or idea

the_clydesdale

Postby the_clydesdale » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:44 pm

Firstly, what a tragedy, it is the nightmare of any parent. I could not begin to wonder how the father is coping.

Secondly,I have sent Richard a polite email asking if he has in fact posted this and if he had what was he thinking. If he comes back and confirms he is the poster I will be writing to the Junior Victorian Football Association asking that he be removed as President of the club he represents.

Of course, it could be someone else posting with his name, perhaps they have an axe to grind? Hopefully we find out soon.
Giant Defy 1 2010
200cm / 115Kg..

ruscook

Postby ruscook » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:19 pm

oh what horrible news... I am so sad for the father not only losing his son, but being there and not being able to do anything... That is one of the worst things a parent could face. My sincere condolences.
GT Avalanche 1.0 | TCR Alliance 0 | Giant Bowery | BMW K1300R
Two wheels good, Four wheels bad

The Womble

Postby The Womble » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:37 pm

As soon as you find out, feel free to post on here. I'm more than happy to approach the Association with you

The Womble

Postby The Womble » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:07 pm

Ah, but have we weighed the Witich?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp_l5ntikaU
Last edited by The Womble on Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:10 pm

Warlock. :roll:
Amateur oenologist and green-friendly commuter.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:33 pm

I cried at work today when I read that story. As a parent I can't think of anything more devastating than losing one of my kids. One of my mates at church lost his late-teens son to cancer, and that was pretty bad... but out of the blue like this? Words fail me.

Sharing a ride together with my teenage son is one of my principal pleasures in life. As for this Bilyanski prat, we'll see if my comments about his callous indifference get published. I'm disgusted.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:41 pm

:cry: Got home, read me emails then just about crushed the lads ribs. He's 15 and getting a new bike in a couple of days.

RIP young feller, strength to your family.

Put me down for a go at that insensitive clown too if it is him, I doubt me comment will get posted.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

The Womble

Postby The Womble » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:49 pm

I think they closed the comments section for this story. Maybe we should also target the paper. For them to post that and not allow responses is !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !! disgusting.

the_clydesdale

Postby the_clydesdale » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:59 pm

The Womble wrote:As soon as you find out, feel free to post on here. I'm more than happy to approach the Association with you
Here is what I wrote to him:
Richard,

I hope that this is a wind-up! Mate a 13 year old is killed by a truck whilst riding a bike and you write this rubbish? What is this all about?

Here is his reply to my email....

"Mate,

I don't know who you are, and I don't know where in my text you read I had a lack of sympathy for the young boy killed. The loss of any life is horrible and what I said is no wind up. We as readers are asked to comment and my comments are relevant to the issue of road safety

The loss of the young boys life is shocking, absolutely gut wrenching, shocking and I pray he is in a better place, but this was said. I wanted to say something that might save lives in the future. As I was growing up and got my first bike, my mother took me outside and showed me the roads and made it clear they were for cars.

Roads are no place for kids and no place to conduct a leisure activity and I have no doubt that this will become an issue in the future. Every time I drive a car I think just how dangerous it is for cars and myself and my children and quite a few others are now of the opinion that the roads are no place for kids on bikes and adults should be setting an example.

Would you allow your kid to shoot a gun? Or jump from the second floor of a balcony into a pool? Bike riding is more dangerous! and yet we allow our kids on the roads when they are not even old enough to drive a car. If we allowed them to drive a car at any age it would be more safer.

No dangerous activity is as accepted in our society so readily as is bike riding and why haven't more adults seen the dangers? I don't know the answer to this question, but bike riding is no place for children not old enough to make an informed decision and adults should be setting an example.

My heart goes out to the boy, father and family."

What do you all make of this?
Giant Defy 1 2010
200cm / 115Kg..

Max

Another RIP

Postby Max » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:17 pm

"more safer". Clearly an intellectual giant. No point arguing with this guy, his mind is made up. I mean, his mum told him roads are for cars. And we all know you should never defy your mum. With that in mind, perhaps it's time to return this thread to its original purpose: to pay our respects to the young lad.

Max
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy

The Womble

Postby The Womble » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:18 pm

he's a !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !! who never rode a bike as a kid. Nothing changes IMO

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:29 pm

'Tis the fcuked up mindset of this clown and thousands of peoples like him that is the primary cause of the "dangers of cycling."

Something Oedipal perhaps? :roll:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011