New Bike( soon)

beachbum

New Bike( soon)

Postby beachbum » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:36 pm

hey:)
so i have grown out of my old repco victory and want a fresh start.. I have ordered this track frame http://www.cyclingdeal.com.au/buy/track ... th-fork/TF for a reasonably cheap 166$ including postage... Im also going to buy some Zuzi Classic wheels..

Does anyone have experience with this frame or the wheels? i would appreciate some feedback:)

darkhorse75

Re: New Bike( soon)

Postby darkhorse75 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:34 pm

Lots of people have experience with these frames, do a search on these forums for VISP.

.isaac.

Postby .isaac. » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:29 am

No!!!! Don't get Zuzi's! They have Quando hubs which will strip. I advise to get these: http://www.velomine.com/index.php?main_ ... cts_id=446
At the end of the day your only paying about 20 to 30 dollars more with shipping for a better set of wheels. I have some but I haven't ridden them as of now but they have very good reviews and customers are happy.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:19 pm

dark horse75 its not a visp frame so no point doing a search for a different frame..
and EvilGenius those wheels look good:) ill do some research on them but they are looking like the better option:)
another question.. do these wheels have the option of fixed/free? http://www.velomine.com/index.php?main_ ... cts_id=393 (i like the look of these better)

i emailed the site and he said "you can put a single speed freewheel on the fixed/fixed hub with no problem. We do it here all the time & never had a problem. There are less threads than generally hold a freewheel but it doesn't matter."

just making sure with some of you guys is it possible to turn into a singlspeed wheelset?

thanks in advance

.isaac.

Postby .isaac. » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:11 am

Yeah, Definetley! I asked the same question a few months ago. Also, It *may have* flip flop hubs so you can put a fixed on one side and a free on the other or you can put both fixed or both free and alter the teeth of the cog so one may be better to push up hill and one along flats. Narrowing it down into one simple word, Yes. *EDIT- Sorry, I jumped in a bit soon too see that you have changed the link on Velomine. I'm not sure if they are flip flops now but ask Ben, he's really helpful.

bjelo

Postby bjelo » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:23 pm

Cycling deal FTW :D

.isaac.

Postby .isaac. » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:49 pm

bjelo wrote:Cycling deal FTW :D
This aint' facebook dude.