The "Excuses" Thread

Max

Re: The "Excuses" Thread

Postby Max » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:53 am

Well, the first excuse of 2011: I'm too tired to ride. :(

Fell asleep on couch at 2030. Went to bed at 2100. Woken up by text message (I'm on call, the phone has to be on) at 2130. Automated message from CSC "reminding" me about a job that I'd already finished at 0600 the day before! :x Went back to sleep. 2200, another reminder from CSC. Woke up enough to figure out a way to shut up the text tones without shutting up the ring tone. 2230, finally back to sleep. 2300, woken by missus tossing and turning. Midnight, finally asleep again. 0230, the power goes out, so the overhead fan stops turning. The noise of the fan slowing down wakes me up. Fall back asleep. 0300, power back on, the noise of the fan starting wakes me up. Wake up enough to set the time on the clock radio and set the alarm. Fall back asleep. 0450 wake up just before the alarm. And here I am. I'm so tired I can barely keep my eyes open. :(

Whinge, bitch, moan.

Max
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:45 am

I'm too tired as well Max, this whole looking after my mother thing is exhausting me, I don't have time for myself, I don't have time to ride even though I've got a brand spanking new bike.... FAIL

I'm Exhausted

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:50 am

My weetwlw weggies are two twied to wide twoday. And it's waining outswide ! :mrgreen:

Max

Postby Max » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:40 am

Oxford wrote:Max, that's not an excuse, send it back and try again.Image
LOL after my over-the-top reply to you in the Commute thread yesterday, I'm not surprised you added those emoticons! :lol: :oops:

Missy, I hope your mum gets better soon.

Comedian, does this mean you.. *shock* didn't ride today??

Max
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:45 am

Max wrote:
LOL after my over-the-top reply to you in the Commute thread yesterday, I'm not surprised you added those emoticons! :lol: :oops:

Max
Thanks Max, I've also been given a massive dose of HTFU from some good friends of mine since about 8:30am.

So I'm gonna suck it up

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:56 am

Max wrote:

Max
Not only did I not ride but I'm still at home procrastinating about going to work... LOL :mrgreen:

Comedian

The "Excuses" Thread

Postby Comedian » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:39 am

Oxford wrote:
Max wrote:

Max
Its all good Max.Image
Well I'm here but the wife had drive me in to get me here. It's been like take a number though with all my coworkers lining up to say "what?..you were too soft to ride in today...very dissapointing " :mrgreen:

Max

Postby Max » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:17 am

I showed MaxBabe some photos of flooding of KBB last night. Then I told her about how the roads near my work get flooded after heavy rain. That was enough for her to lay down the law. No riding to work in my immediate future. Although I know it's sensible, I'm still kind of disappointed about it. She waffled on about "safety... blah blah.. loves me... blah blah.. wants me alive for a long time.. blah blah...", all I heard was "You're not riding to work". :lol:

Max

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:25 am

Max wrote:I showed MaxBabe some photos of flooding of KBB last night. Then I told her about how the roads near my work get flooded after heavy rain. That was enough for her to lay down the law. No riding to work in my immediate future. Although I know it's sensible, I'm still kind of disappointed about it. She waffled on about "safety... blah blah.. loves me... blah blah.. wants me alive for a long time.. blah blah...", all I heard was "You're not riding to work". :lol:

Max
Oh Puhleeese! The good guy bad guy routine hey? :mrgreen:

Max

Postby Max » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:47 am

Well, driving to work today was a white-knuckled exercise in holding the steering wheel in a death grip. Visibility == close to zero, potholes == heaps, motorway flooding == imminent, flooding near work == only a few millimetres away. I'm going to see if I can work from home the rest of the week.

Dear rain: I'VE HAD ENOUGH. Just go away, already.

Max

Comedian

The "Excuses" Thread

Postby Comedian » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:20 am

Max wrote:Well, driving to work today was a white-knuckled exercise in holding the steering wheel in a death grip. Visibility == close to zero, potholes == heaps, motorway flooding == imminent, flooding near work == only a few millimetres away. I'm going to see if I can work from home the rest of the week.

Dear rain: I'VE HAD ENOUGH. Just go away, already.

Max
Go ahead....beat on me! The missus drove me in :shock:

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:33 pm

Waiting on a new saddle

The Womble

Postby The Womble » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:59 pm

With all this rain I need a much longer snorkle!

Max

Postby Max » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:08 pm

My manager has approved working from home for the rest of the week. I just drove down the road I would normally ride down and it's pothole city.. that's when you can see the potholes under the flooding. :shock:

Max

Max

Postby Max » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:34 am

If any of you are thinking of posting in this thread, and just need a little encouragement to get on the bike, here's some for you:

I'm sure it's photoshopped, but I don't care. The real question is: why is he bothering with an umbrella? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Max

hannos

Postby hannos » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:37 am

I slept in.
The ironic thing is I was following a truck fully loaded with bags of cement.

Yep, I should just harden up really...
2010 BMC SLC01

Fletcher

Postby Fletcher » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:06 am

It was raining heavily, and my new set of mudguards hadn't arrived from Ribble. The old set is unusable, buckled in a hot car and rub on the tyres.

goneriding

Postby goneriding » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:21 pm

Max wrote:I'm sure it's photoshopped, but I don't care. The real question is: why is he bothering with an umbrella?
That's easy. He's trying to protect his head! Bad helmet joke.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:02 pm

"The bike path floated away" is got to be the ultimate excuse
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

Rhubarb

Postby Rhubarb » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:11 pm

how about my workplace floated away ...

didn't happen to me, mine only shut down, but I'm sure its happened to a few.

Any one work at Oxley's / Drift restaurant on the river (under the river ???) I feel really sorry for the owner of that business actually. He only bought it 18 months ago or something and its not insured against flood as no one would insure him for that. So he's still got debts, but no longer any income or assets.

Max

Postby Max » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:11 am

Well, the roads/paths around my work are still cactus. I drove part of my bike route yesterday, and the conditions are terrible. I think I'll check it out on the weekend and clean up what I can. Until then, no cycle commuting for me :(

I'm infinitely jealous of people who are able to post in the "how was your commute" thread at the moment :cry:

Max

hannos

Postby hannos » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:09 am

I set the wrong alarm...
2010 BMC SLC01

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:46 am

My workplace is still off limits due to no power, fried building electronics, rotten fridges, and I was told yesterday that the fire sprinklers went off on one floor. Could be another two weeks, so I'm working from home for the moment :)

I went for a 50k ride to Sandgate this morning though. :)

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:43 pm

Wasn't working.

Did lots of walking around Melbs with the kids tho'.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:48 am

I'm going to go into work today. I did 80k yesterday, so my wegs are sore and it's waining outside... I might catch the bus. Anyone got some concrete powder? :shock: