Forum Cookies Change

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Forum Cookies Change

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:11 am

Hello, In light of the recent issues, one step taken has been to change the forum cookies. You may have been asked to log in again and it may generally be a good idea to Delete All Board Cookies (button is bottom right, though you can also click here).

I would be interested to know, with this change, whether you are asked to log into the forum again... and how long - ie. each day. Perhaps if you access using multiple devices / computers then there may always be issues... but for a single computer / device user, are you asked to log in each day? (or longer / short intervals?)
Cycling is in my BNA

hannos

Re: Forum Cookies Change

Postby hannos » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:23 am

I deleted all board cookies and was required to log in again. This is the only change I have made. Previously I was permanently logged in, often for days on end.

Edit #1: Was just prompted to log in again. Are the forums supposed to auto- log you out?

Edit #2: time 9:50 Prompted to log in again.

Edit #3: Time 9:55 Prompted again.

Edit #4: 11:14am Prompted again.

Edit #5: 11:45, another login

Edit #6: Got to work this morning and was still logged in.

Edit #7: 12:47pm 12th Jan - requested to log in, apparently too many times so I have to answer a maths question.
Last edited by hannos on Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.
2010 BMC SLC01

Chanboy

Postby Chanboy » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:51 am

I just hit it.

Was asked to log in. I don't remember my password, since I just have Chrome remember it for me.

When I clicked login (fields were auto-populated by chrome) it failed and with an error saying I had exceeded the maximum amount of logins (even though I only tried once). It then prompted for a additional randomly generated colour coded string. Since I had forgotten my password, I had to request a new one. That worked, I then went in and changed the password to something more suitable.

Not a huge issue, but inconvenient.

I hope it doesn't log me out on browser closure?? (ie delete cookies on close). That would be a pain.

Cheers,
-Daniel

Chanboy

Postby Chanboy » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:54 am

The "New Posts" function was reset also (only 4 topics appearing) - not sure if that is related.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:24 pm

I should remind everyone to clear their cache as well.

Hannos, that sounds unusual - When the forum is a bit quieter, I will purge the sessions - I am guessing that with the change-over, it may have been a related problem that will then sort itself out.

The exceeded maximum attempts is a different problem.

Sorry for the incovenience - I am trying to keep this as comfortable as possible, but need to take action.
Cycling is in my BNA