Alberto possible doping

Postby Redbull » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:32 pm

Bidons are generally PE.
The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass

greyhoundtom

Re: Alberto possible doping

Postby greyhoundtom » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:37 pm

Redbull wrote:Bidons are generally PE.
I beg to differ, PE or PET while widely used in both soft drink and water bottles is too stiff for use in bidons which are required to maintain easy flexibility for a long period of time without cracking.

The same requirements as for PVC devices used in medicine.

Redbull

Alberto possible doping

Postby Redbull » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:19 pm

Sorry I wasn't meaning PET meant LDPE or HDPE.

Not really specific enough
The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass

heay

Postby heay » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:13 am

I was on the understanding that they could not get him on the plastics due to there being no offcial testing for this yet? If this is the case they would not be able to ban him at all. AC will miss at least this years TDF due to the amount of time it will take for a hearing if he is handed a ban and he wants to defend it.

The Womble

Postby The Womble » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:37 am

The UCI have said that the test may now be used as supporting evidence

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:55 am

I have merged this into the correct thread discussing the Contador case.
Cycling is in my BNA

The Womble

Re: Crapola!!!....P.E.D's in Cycling

Postby The Womble » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:24 am

roller

Postby roller » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:43 am

inflammatory statement or idea

jules21

Postby jules21 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:04 pm

roller wrote:lance too it would seem. . .

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/m ... armstrong/
those are only accusations. no one has been able to pin anything on him, yet.

the fact lance won 7 tours during the height of the EPO era is the strongest evidence against him, imo. the notion that he beat others who used EPO, which is considered to typically boost performance by about 10% for riders with haemocrit levels below 50%, stretches the legend and credibility just a bit too far. but obviously that's only circumstantial evidence and couldn't be used to convict him of anything.

familyguy

Postby familyguy » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:29 pm

Fresh Sports Illustrated arcticle, goes a lot further:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/ ... MAG1180944

Jim

familyguy

Postby familyguy » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:21 am

Grant. W

Postby Grant. W » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:42 am

WOW :shock:

without proof they won't get him for PED use but fraud charges against the US government.......S--T!!

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:32 pm

Hi

Love this DIY press release for dopers from The Fat Cyclist ...

Earlier today, I was as astounded as you are to discover that I tested positive for [circle all that apply: Testosterone / Clenbuterol / EPO / Abnormally high levels of Diet Coke] during the [Name or number of stage] stage of the [Name of Race]. This race happened [choose one: two days ago / two months ago] and I find it highly suspicious that it has taken [choose one: The UCI / WADA] such an incredibly [choose one: short / long] time to come out and accuse me. I think that [choose one: short / long] wait indicates a highly suspicious bias against me.

For the record, I wish to state unequivocally, that I am [circle one: entirely innocent / surprised and outraged / baffled as to how it is possible that my red blood cell count got that high without my heart stopping], and that I will fight these charges [circle one: until my final breath / until my name is cleared / until my attorney discovers that I don't have enough money to retain their services].

As you all know, I have always been a strong advocate for clean cycling, as witnessed by my [circle one: years and years of testing clean / socks that say "Dopers suck" / the way I have immediately stopped any kind of association with other cyclists once they've been implicated in any scandal / subscription to Boy's Life magazine].

Further, I would like to point out that the science behind the tests responsible for the “positive” finding is [circle one: outdated / based on an algorithm commonly used in random number generators / really complicated and confusing / new and untested], and should therefore not be trusted.

When clean cyclists like myself are being accused of doping, what it really means is that the system is broken — that the tests are [choose one or more: unfair / inaccurate / inconvenient / a total witch-hunt].

I wish to point out that the amount of the banned substance for which I have been tested would [choose one: not be enough to do me any good / obviously be enough to get me caught and so I wouldn't be so stupid as to take it anyway]. As a professional cyclist, I am tested on an incredibly frequent basis; I would never be so foolish as to put my livelihood in jeopardy by taking banned substances. Other cyclists would, but I wouldn’t. Because that would be wrong.

Also, I have enemies in the sport, people who are trying to besmirch my good name and sabotage my career. [circle one: Dick Pound / Pat McQuaid] has had it in for me for years. I don’t know why he is so angry at me.

I am confident that once [circle one: the B sample / the C sample / all the evidence / the conspiracy theory I am currently concocting] comes out, I will be exonerated, and will be able to resume the sport of cycling I love so much.

Until then, I would ask you to remember that I should be thought of innocent [circle one: until / unless] I am proven guilty.

Thank you. I will not be taking any questions.

Andrew

roller

Postby roller » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:23 pm

very interesting interview with floyd landis:

http://nyvelocity.com/content/interview ... diskimmage
inflammatory statement or idea

Grant. W

Postby Grant. W » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:56 pm

Aushiker wrote:Hi

Love this DIY press release for dopers from The Fat Cyclist ...

Earlier today, I was as astounded as you are to discover that I tested positive for [circle all that apply: Testosterone / Clenbuterol / EPO / Abnormally high levels of Diet Coke] during the [Name or number of stage] stage of the [Name of Race]. This race happened [choose one: two days ago / two months ago] and I find it highly suspicious that it has taken [choose one: The UCI / WADA] such an incredibly [choose one: short / long] time to come out and accuse me. I think that [choose one: short / long] wait indicates a highly suspicious bias against me.

For the record, I wish to state unequivocally, that I am [circle one: entirely innocent / surprised and outraged / baffled as to how it is possible that my red blood cell count got that high without my heart stopping], and that I will fight these charges [circle one: until my final breath / until my name is cleared / until my attorney discovers that I don't have enough money to retain their services].

As you all know, I have always been a strong advocate for clean cycling, as witnessed by my [circle one: years and years of testing clean / socks that say "Dopers suck" / the way I have immediately stopped any kind of association with other cyclists once they've been implicated in any scandal / subscription to Boy's Life magazine].

Further, I would like to point out that the science behind the tests responsible for the “positive” finding is [circle one: outdated / based on an algorithm commonly used in random number generators / really complicated and confusing / new and untested], and should therefore not be trusted.

When clean cyclists like myself are being accused of doping, what it really means is that the system is broken — that the tests are [choose one or more: unfair / inaccurate / inconvenient / a total witch-hunt].

I wish to point out that the amount of the banned substance for which I have been tested would [choose one: not be enough to do me any good / obviously be enough to get me caught and so I wouldn't be so stupid as to take it anyway]. As a professional cyclist, I am tested on an incredibly frequent basis; I would never be so foolish as to put my livelihood in jeopardy by taking banned substances. Other cyclists would, but I wouldn’t. Because that would be wrong.

Also, I have enemies in the sport, people who are trying to besmirch my good name and sabotage my career. [circle one: Dick Pound / Pat McQuaid] has had it in for me for years. I don’t know why he is so angry at me.

I am confident that once [circle one: the B sample / the C sample / all the evidence / the conspiracy theory I am currently concocting] comes out, I will be exonerated, and will be able to resume the sport of cycling I love so much.

Until then, I would ask you to remember that I should be thought of innocent [circle one: until / unless] I am proven guilty.

Thank you. I will not be taking any questions.

Andrew

:lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: very good!

CrazyVictorian

Postby CrazyVictorian » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:38 pm

roller wrote:very interesting interview with floyd landis:

http://nyvelocity.com/content/interview ... diskimmage
Nice read :shock:
"You only ever grow as a human being if you're outside your comfort zone."
Percy Cerutty

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:46 am

The Cobra....what a freakin idiot!.

bomber

Crapola!!!....P.E.D's in Cycling

Postby bomber » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:48 am

How much fact is there in the Ricco story or is it still conjecture and rumour?

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:54 am

He's in hospital for a major kidney issue.... hope he recovers, but wonder what caused it ...

Oh, just read the CN article where he allegedly transfused some of his own blood that w2as stored in his fridge ... :roll:

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:03 am

And CAS extends Pellezotti's holiday till May 2012 and takes away results after May 2009 (includes his 2nd in Giro and PD jersey & stage at the ) and fined hime > 100,000 Euro. Pietro Caucchioli also had his 2 year ban upheld.

Pellezotti out for 2 years

Another one bites the dust.

Can't wait to see what the CAS does with Clenbutador !!!!

jules21

Postby jules21 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:59 am

this might have been seen before, but anyway... funny stuff.

alf

Re:

Postby alf » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:51 pm

der Ungar wrote:<Snip>My issue is whether it really matters. <snip>
I think it does. --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Simpson

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: Re:

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:21 pm

alf wrote:
der Ungar wrote:<Snip>My issue is whether it really matters. <snip>
I think it does. --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Simpson
+lots.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:42 am

jules21 wrote:this might have been seen before, but anyway... funny stuff.
That was good :)

Andrew

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:02 pm

a different way of cheating -

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8REJjZB ... re=related[/youtube]
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"