6 day race question

TrackPete

6 day race question

Postby TrackPete » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:57 am

Reading the latest ride they have some results of a few 6 day races with point. Like 275 from memory. (I was reading it late last night)

Anyway whats the deal? Do the 2 guys race for 6 days taking turns or what?

alex

Re: 6 day race question

Postby alex » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:20 am

most six-day races involve six nights of racing, typically from 6pm to 2am
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six-day_racing

the points in the results are the points scored in the race(s)
if i get killed while out on my bike i dont want a 'memorial ride' by random punters i have never met.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:48 pm

Depends on the club that is running it as for how long you race each day.

The points are given for sprints, time trials, pursuits, and whatever else they want too put up through the race.

If you are considering riding one. Then I would suggest that you have some high level of bike control and a fairly high level of fitness, because they are pretty full on. :idea:

Might I suggest, that if you are a member of a club that puts on carnivals, that you ask them to consider doing a 1-2hr madison at the end of the main racing. :wink:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

toppity

Postby toppity » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:58 pm

foo on patrol wrote:Depends on the club that is running it as for how long you race each day.

The points are given for sprints, time trials, pursuits, and whatever else they want too put up through the race.

If you are considering riding one. Then I would suggest that you have some high level of bike control and a fairly high level of fitness, because they are pretty full on. :idea:

Might I suggest, that if you are a member of a club that puts on carnivals, that you ask them to consider doing a 1-2hr madison at the end of the main racing. :wink:

Foo
did you ever race 6 dayer's Foo?
I ride several bicycles, but not at once.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:41 pm

Yes I did! :)

There used to be one held at the Nerang track on the Gold Coast, starting Boxing Day, it went three hours every night.

They certainly sought you out with your fitness levels. :mrgreen:

They were also a bit savage on tyres, I would go through two sets for the week. :shock:
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km