First ride on new (2nd hand) mtb

janus77

First ride on new (2nd hand) mtb

Postby janus77 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:14 pm

Went to Manly Dam yesterday for a first ride on my recently acquired Yeti ASR. Loved it! Was amazed at how quickly i could travel over rocky rough terrain with the dual suspension, it was really nice.

Climbed ok, not like a hard tail, but i think i need to dial in the suspension a little, and also maybe move the seat back a smidge.

Next ride will be Ourimba hopefully, am keen to see how the ASR performs compared to the 575 i rode up there last time.

Someone took a dump in the bushes along the trail, there was a heaps stinky section of the track.

Loving the yeti.

trailgumby

Re: First ride on new (2nd hand) mtb

Postby trailgumby » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:23 pm

I was wondering who that dude was, sporting the facial rug. :shock: :lol: :wink: What time were you out there?

I thought the smell was something had died in the bushes. Was this along the Wakehurst Parkway section or the Allambie firetrail (where the backburning has been done recently). ??

Good buy, by the way. I think 5" of travel is about perfect for a general purpose trail bike. Gives you a bit more travel for tackling "interesting" terrain, yet it's light and efficient enough to be a good enduro race bike.

janus77

Postby janus77 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:26 pm

Was out there from about 8:45 for an hour or so.
It's the first time i've done Manly Dam, i think it was closer to Alambie where the stink was, a vehicle fire trail intersected the bike track where the pong was.
i think the asr is 4 inches of travel, but it's nice and smooth over the rough stuff, so no complaints!
Keen to get back to Manly Dam again soon, there are some tough sections to make it through there, tougher than Ourimba i reckon.
Trailgumby, if you ever need another gumby out there for a few laps, i'm always keen.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:47 pm

Would love to. :D Probably in a couple of weeks?

With only 10 weeks to go until the Mont I need to focus on getting fit. I'm using a program published by Mark Fenner in AMB magazine mid-last year and have a training ride organised for the next two Sundays with some mates ... hill repeats up Duck Holes track at Terrey Hills (oh, joy! :lol: ). You're welcome to join us but I think we'll be spending some time in the hurt box!

janus77

Postby janus77 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:11 pm

Ah, hill runs for training, erggh.. i'll keep the real pain for on the road for now ;)

if i can get around the entire Manly dam without walking up any of the steep technical sections i'll be happy.