Checker Hill diversion

mmhbeer

Re: Checker Hill diversion

Postby mmhbeer » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:25 pm

williamsf1 wrote:
bionic wombat wrote:I missed the turn off that took me to checkers hill, ended up taking the right turn to the escape route - I reckon the escape route was just as tough, longer climb.

By taking the chicken line you also did 6 km less distance.

SeanB

Postby SeanB » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:03 pm

mmhbeer wrote:By taking the chicken line you also did 6 km less distance.
lol. I didn't do the ride but have heard that it was very hard to miss :?: :?: :?:

eeksll

Postby eeksll » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:55 pm

SeanB wrote:
mmhbeer wrote:By taking the chicken line you also did 6 km less distance.
lol. I didn't do the ride but have heard that it was very hard to miss :?: :?: :?:
not that hard to miss ... on the PA I heard "checkers <something unintelligibly> right". So I was like does that mean checkers go right or diversion on the right. I just followed the bigger pack and went up checkers (which is what I was planning on doing).

so if I was on my own or in a smaller pack I might have gone the wrong way.

bionic wombat

Postby bionic wombat » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:57 pm

Being hearing impaired - of course it was difficult hearing the PA system :) should have placed proper signage with arrows

Weasel

Postby Weasel » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:50 pm

There was in fact signage and arrows at the junction of Adelaide-Mannum Road and Little South Para Road.

One sign indicated that Checker Hill was to the left (Little South Para Road), and the other indicated that in order to avoid Checker Hill, to continue straight ahead on the Adelaide-Mannum Road to Gumeracha.

Weasel

Postby Weasel » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:53 pm

It also helps if you read the Ride Guide prior to the event in order to familiarise yourself with the route. Some people even find it helpful to drive the route or do recce rides before hand.

bionic wombat

Postby bionic wombat » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:52 pm

well those "signage" weren't there when I arrived unless they were "bent" or not erected properly - I dont know

mmhbeer

Postby mmhbeer » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:33 am

I didnt notice the signs there when I went through, but as all signs for the event were erected by a dwarf you wouldn't of seen it because it was probably at ground level.

There was a lot of confusion in the morning at The Parade as no one knew where to scan their chip. Again the sign was at ground level and wasnt visible. Same at the water stop at Oakbank. I grabbed some cake to eat and was looking for the water but as there were hundreds of riders there couldnt see it. Went for a walk to find it and there was a sign there too at ground level.

Weasel

Postby Weasel » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:01 am

Make sure you provide this feedback in the post-ride survey which has just been released.

mmhbeer

Postby mmhbeer » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:03 pm

I clicked the link when i got the email about the survey the other day and when it opened the survey was closed. Same again when I tried this morning. It wouldnt work from my laptop or ipad.

bionic wombat

Postby bionic wombat » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:14 pm

mmhbeer wrote:I didnt notice the signs there when I went through, but as all signs for the event were erected by a dwarf you wouldn't of seen it because it was probably at ground level.

There was a lot of confusion in the morning at The Parade as no one knew where to scan their chip. Again the sign was at ground level and wasnt visible. Same at the water stop at Oakbank. I grabbed some cake to eat and was looking for the water but as there were hundreds of riders there couldnt see it. Went for a walk to find it and there was a sign there too at ground level.
Thank you