Cycling to work from Redcliffe

Wazza

Cycling to work from Redcliffe

Postby Wazza » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:00 pm

Hi Guys,
I am moving to Redcliffe shortly and I am looking at perhaps cycling into the Roma St (CBD) for work. As I have been a road user at peak hours, I do not wish to ride on major arterial roads :shock: . Can any one give me guidance as to the best route into town :? , I have asked the BCC for some maps to plan a route but words from this forum will carry more weight with my decisions :wink: .

Waz
Wazza

MountGower

Postby MountGower » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:25 pm

Error. This post can no longer be displayed.
Last edited by MountGower on Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wazza

Postby Wazza » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:37 am

Thanks for the offer on Saturday however the missus is getting antsy about packing for the house move (Aussie Day weekend) so only doing commutes at the moment.
Once I'm settled at Clontarf, I will take you up on the offer if you are up that way. I have got bikeway maps coming from the BCC so some study will be done but at this point I will probably get off at Eagle Junction and find my way onto the ICB then down to the office at Roma St. Donald has mentioned that there is a new bike path through Roma St Parklands so I'll look at getting onto that. Any how thanks for the info. See you on the road :wink:

Waz
Wazza

beauyboy

Postby beauyboy » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:14 am

Yes there is the New Normanby cycle link this makes a continuos bikeway from the Roma St parklands to the RBH.
There was a bikely map that showed one guy getting off a the kedron brook bikeway(mitchleton-shorncliffe) at Toombal and then using back roads to get to the RBH. I am sure it is still on bikely.
Riding throught the Boondal wetlands is great fun, however watch out for snakes :shock: sun baking i ran over one a couple a weeks ago.

Donald
BCC give us some more bikeways fore safe travel!!!!
Upgrade the NCL now QR!!!!!!
http://nakedcyclistbrissy.blogspot.com/
My views do not represent any organisation I may be apart of unless otherwise stated

MountGower

Postby MountGower » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:05 am

beauyboy

Postby beauyboy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:23 am

The Normanby cycle link connects to the already existing bikeway that runs along side the Railway line throught normanby down over to the RBH.

Donald
My views do not represent any organisation I may be apart of unless otherwise stated

MountGower

Postby MountGower » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:43 pm

beauyboy

Postby beauyboy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:00 pm

Ok the normanby cycle link is 400m long, it joins to the Victoria park bikeway which is about 1 km long that allows cyclist from the north using Bowen Bridge Rd to avoid the valley and enter the city from the Roma St Parklands, where on Roma St the Future CBD cycle center will be located.

At present the Normanby cycle link is carrying about 200 cycle movements a day which will only increase with time.

Donald