found these nice looking carbon saddles in ebay

jeff_o

found these nice looking carbon saddles in ebay

Postby jeff_o » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:39 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-Full-Carbon- ... 5d28907d68

hope i'm not double posting.... i did search 'carbon saddle' here in BNA and din't find anything so thought of starting this thread.

they look awesome...and very light 115g. they don't have padding so i thought they're a pain on the bun... but i used to ride bmx with plastic saddles so what the heck.

stats showed they've sold 24 already... hopefully 1 of em is a member here in BNA and can give us their comments.

human909

Re: found these nice looking carbon saddles in ebay

Postby human909 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:45 pm

jeff_o wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-Full-Carbon- ... 5d28907d68

hope i'm not double posting.... i did search 'carbon saddle' here in BNA and din't find anything so thought of starting this thread.

they look awesome...and very light 115g. they don't have padding so i thought they're a pain on the bun... but i used to ride bmx with plastic saddles so what the heck.

stats showed they've sold 24 already... hopefully 1 of em is a member here in BNA and can give us their comments.
You are willing to get a sore buttocks to save 100g off your bike!? :shock: :lol:

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:50 pm

Only one way to find out if you can live with one.

Me? I'll stick with the Brooks on me roadie. :wink:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

jeff_o

Postby jeff_o » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:02 pm

human909 wrote:

You are willing to get a sore buttocks to save 100g off your bike!? :shock: :lol:
lol, just wanna see if someone from BNA had experience with these... they look cool though :D

damhooligan

Postby damhooligan » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:20 pm

jeff_o wrote:
human909 wrote:

lol, just wanna see if someone from BNA had experience with these... they look cool though :D
I recognise this saddle...

Altough I haven't used them myself, I know someone who has it on his bike and loves it...
I didn't know there was a blue version..., but it is carbon, so I could paint it any colour I want really...
They are not that expensive, so now i am tempted a little bit...
The dutch have one word to describe the aussie MHL, this word is ;
SCHIJNVEILIGHEID !!

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:01 am

An acquaintance's Colnago came with soemthing similar. It lasted on the bike about a week.

Not sure I fancy those sharp edges at the rear :x Could do some damage to your femoral artery if, like me, you throw your hips back and down in emergency braking to keep from going OTB :shock:

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:05 am

jeff_o wrote: .....

Yea, I need a saddle that 'looks cool' rather than doesn't cause saddle sores, pain and any other range of unmentionables.... :roll:

I'll stick with the Brooks as well

damhooligan

Postby damhooligan » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:35 am

MichaelB wrote:
jeff_o wrote: .....

Yea, I need a saddle that 'looks cool' rather than doesn't cause saddle sores, pain and any other range of unmentionables.... :roll:

I'll stick with the Brooks as well
Hey mayby it is both ??

First we look at the cool stuff, and when that doesn't provide what we are looking for,
then we wil look at brooks... :lol:
SCHIJNVEILIGHEID !!

rustychisel

Postby rustychisel » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:44 am

errr, 5mm rails?

It's not going to fit any current seatpost clamp then, is it?

Jeremy

Postby Jeremy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:24 pm

A friend of mine bought one of these for his track bike.

He used it for a single sprint training session (10km max on a silky smooth velodrome) and said it was the worst pain he's ever experienced.

It certainly looked like it too...with the look on his face and the way he was walking. I dont believe the pain ended when he got off the bike either :shock:

Personally, I think it's worth spending more money on a saddle and getting something that is made with ergonomics in mind, rather than a general shape and light weight :wink:

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:30 pm

All my bikes have 7mm rails...5mm carbon :lol: .

greyhoundtom

Postby greyhoundtom » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:18 pm

OK I will own up :mrgreen:

I have a CF saddle on my road bike, basically the same as those on EBay but without the fancy stripe, also purchased from Cyclingdeal.

I know few will believe me, but after trying four different saddles this is still the most comfortable one for me, and will be staying on the bike.

For some reason the more padding a saddle has, the more uncomfortable it becomes the longer I ride, and seems to create hotspots around my sit bones.

backslashio

Postby backslashio » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:13 pm

greyhoundtom wrote: I know few will believe me, but after trying four different saddles this is still the most comfortable one for me, and will be staying on the bike..
I find that hard to believe :lol:

Looks really uncomfortable imo, cool looking but not practical. Like a carbon fibre toilet seat :P I suppose it could make a difference in a race

schmidty

Postby schmidty » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:41 pm

I think I will stick with my Rolls.

http://www.velogear.com.au/products/Sel ... 0-163.html
2010 Eddy Merckx EMX-3
2010 Giant Anthem X3
2008 Oppy Lyon
2004 Cervelo P2K
1978 Peugeot UE-8

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:55 pm

backslashio wrote:Like a carbon fibre toilet seat :P I suppose it could make a difference in a race
I didn't know there was a competetive pooing circuit, where do I sign up. :wink:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

damhooligan

Postby damhooligan » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:04 pm

greyhoundtom wrote:OK I will own up :mrgreen:

I have a CF saddle on my road bike, basically the same as those on EBay but without the fancy stripe, also purchased from Cyclingdeal.

I know few will believe me, but after trying four different saddles this is still the most comfortable one for me, and will be staying on the bike.

For some reason the more padding a saddle has, the more uncomfortable it becomes the longer I ride, and seems to create hotspots around my sit bones.
I believe you... :D

I have tried your saddle,litterally yours.. Thanks heaps for that tom. 8)
and I really liked it.

I liked it soo much, i had to have my own one, but of course not the black one...

tested it for 2x 50km rides and one 100km ride, and comfortable for the whole ride.
SCHIJNVEILIGHEID !!

ezzy

Postby ezzy » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:58 pm

damhooligan wrote:

I believe you... :D

and I really liked it.

I liked it soo much, i had to have my own one, but of course not the black one...

tested it for 2x 50km rides and one 100km ride, and comfortable for the whole ride.
That saddle is too flashy for that bike :twisted:

greyhoundtom

Postby greyhoundtom » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:19 pm

damhooligan wrote:I believe you... :D

and I really liked it.

There you go, now there are at least two BNA members that like this saddle :lol:

mianos

Postby mianos » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:51 pm

I got one of these, in black to try it. For me, it's *very* comfortable. For me, the shape is almost a perfect fit for my anatomy and position. I've ridden 3 hour rides on it and had no problems, in fact soon forgotten it's got no padding whatsoever.
On the other hand I do have one issue with it, the front is way too sharp. If I am riding where I need to stop at lights, the front is sharp enough to actually hurt when I am off the saddle and leaning on it. It evens started to make a mark on my nicks up near the waist. I've put my SLR Team back on and am going to file the front a bit and gelcoat it with some clear epoxy a bit around the sharp edge. If it looks perfect I'll be putting it back on.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:11 pm

How much flex does the shell have? Especially around the back? I get excruciating pain on my sit bones on flatter saddles, i tried an old San Marco Daytona (which has a similar shape to these carbon ones from what i can tell) solved the sit bone problem perfectly, because it wasn't flat on top so put the pressure in the centre instead. However because it had NO padding or flex in the shell it got seriously painful after a decent length of time (45mins+).
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

mianos

Postby mianos » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:23 pm

ldrcycles wrote:How much flex does the shell have? Especially around the back? I get excruciating pain on my sit bones on flatter saddles, i tried an old San Marco Daytona (which has a similar shape to these carbon ones from what i can tell) solved the sit bone problem perfectly, because it wasn't flat on top so put the pressure in the centre instead. However because it had NO padding or flex in the shell it got seriously painful after a decent length of time (45mins+).
There is no flex at all. Zero. For me there is zero pressure in the centre because of this, that's probably why it's so good. I've blunted and re-gellcoated mine at the front. I'm going to put it back on.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:22 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Tioga-Spyder-Roa ... 35b14afee2

Has anyone tried these? Do they actually flex like they're supposed to?
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

The Womble

Postby The Womble » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:11 pm

Ill stick with my beloved Rolls for now.
As for the spidery things, Ive seen a few on XC bikes around Ipswich so Im guessing theyre catching on. I havent asked the owners for the pros and cons though

rheicel

Postby rheicel » Tue May 21, 2013 8:39 pm

Just digging here. I bought one last week without even thinking of looking into forums how the carbon saddle compared to normal cushy saddles. Are the guys who bought this Cyclingdeal carbon saddle still owns them and love them? I am hoping they still do, otherwise, I am screwed in the (AT)**.

scirocco

Postby scirocco » Sat May 25, 2013 10:15 pm