cycle meter down load for HTC

Apple

cycle meter down load for HTC

Postby Apple » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:40 pm

Has anyone downloaded a cycle meter program for their phone?
My polar cycle computer is having a major breakdown and fits at the moment and I don't really want to spend 400dollars on a Garmin yet.
But I noticed that my friend uses a cycle meter on her IPhone, I don’t have an Iphone but I do have a HTC2 phone and I looked up on the net that there are programs that can be down loaded.
I would like to do that but would first like to see if anyone else here has done that.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!

Apple

Re: cycle meter down load for HTC

Postby Apple » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:09 pm

Ok, I just downloaded it. Will try it tomorrow and see how it goes. OMGosh am I becoming a computer geek 8)
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

TimW

Postby TimW » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:23 pm

A computer geek with hypothermia who talks to herself on a forum,AND not to mention cornering problems with an interesting problem "down there" :oops: .It's been a riveting week :roll: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops: :oops:

Apple

Postby Apple » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:25 pm

TimW wrote:A computer geek with hypothermia who talks to herself on a forum,AND not to mention cornering problems with an interesting problem "down there" :oops: .It's been a riveting week :roll: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops: :oops:
Tim are you stalking me :shock:

breezer1

Postby breezer1 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:26 pm

TimW wrote:A computer geek with hypothermia who talks to herself on a forum,AND not to mention cornering problems.

nice discussion your were having here with yourself apple! :lol:

hope the software works, as i was thinking to do the same rather than a garmin that costs heaps! will be interesting to see what you think after you trial it tomorrow!

TimW

Postby TimW » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:28 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: No Apple especially seeing my wife is on here as well lol. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :D :D :D :D

edit. On another note I have a Polar FT60 hrm, which has been great.However i purchased an edge 500 from wiggle with the hrm and cadence for 300 odd bucks.My world has changed :D :D , the data is unreal, as i am sure many owners of said garmins would attest to.One thing i have noted though, For 2 hours intence riding on the bike the Polar would tell me i expended 2500 odd calories based on heartrate.The garmin however say's i have expended approx 1300, so i am a wee tad confused with that one.. But getting to the point, the Garmins are not that pricey at the moment with the way our dollar is.
Last edited by TimW on Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Apple

Postby Apple » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:29 pm

TimW wrote::oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: No Apple especially seeing my wife is on here as well lol. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :D :D :D :D
Is that right 8) :lol: :lol: Love it.
Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk so who is your wife :wink:

TimW

Postby TimW » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:33 pm

Apple wrote:
TimW wrote::oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: No Apple especially seeing my wife is on here as well lol. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :D :D :D :D
Is that right 8) :lol: :lol: Love it.
Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk so who is your wife :wink:
That my dear is the million dollar question, and to see if your investigative skills are on the money :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

edit, your undercover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hiding whilst online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hmmmmm????

Apple

Postby Apple » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:39 pm

TimW wrote:
Apple wrote:[
That my dear is the million dollar question, and to see if your investigative skills are on the money :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

edit, your undercover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hiding whilst online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hmmmmm????
I am onto it. Tim, I will find the lovely mrs Tim. One thing for sure I know it's not Christine Tham :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Apple on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TimW

Postby TimW » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:41 pm

correct

Apple

Postby Apple » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:09 pm

Ok I am down to two lady riders on the fourm. Who maybe Mrs Tim 8)

TimW

Postby TimW » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:50 pm

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :D

duds2u

Postby duds2u » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:18 pm

Apple wrote:Has anyone downloaded a cycle meter program for their phone?
My polar cycle computer is having a major breakdown and fits at the moment and I don't really want to spend 400dollars on a Garmin yet.
But I noticed that my friend uses a cycle meter on her IPhone, I don’t have an Iphone but I do have a HTC2 phone and I looked up on the net that there are programs that can be down loaded.
I would like to do that but would first like to see if anyone else here has done that.
I've been using Sports Tracker and am pretty happy with it. I havent gone all out and bought the HRM transmitter though - yet.
It's even got a live update function that I haven't tried yet which should allow SHMBO to actually see where I am in real time when I'm on a long solo. Then again , maybe that's overkill and an invasion on my privacy :twisted: and it does suck a fair bit out of the battery.

I've got a HTC Desire and only used the live mode once, by accident, and don't think the batteries would last much more than three hours in the live mode.I'm only guessing on the time though.

Apple

Postby Apple » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:43 pm

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-tag-gps.html
I downloaded this onto my phone, I hope it doesnt rain tomorrow so that I can try it out.
Looks like I will need to buy the Garmin from the local BS :roll: They will see me coming and mark up the price by 50%

goneriding

Postby goneriding » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:30 am

I've got an HTC Desire (Android) and have tried the Mapmyride, Endomondo, and MyTracks apps. Of the three I prefer the the MyTracks app which provides more data that the others. That statement needs to be tempered with the fact that I've only used the free versions to date.

None of those apps comes close to the Nokia SportsTracker app. If you get youself a low end Nokia (Pawn shop) with GPS (~$100) and download the app you get a pretty good cycle computer. If you want heart rate, you can get an ANT+ compliant HRM (~$100) which is supported by SportsTracker.

A couple of the Android apps also support ANT+ HRM's.

humpy125

Postby humpy125 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:10 pm

duds2u wrote:
I've been using Sports Tracker and am pretty happy with it. I havent gone all out and bought the HRM transmitter though - yet.
It's even got a live update function that I haven't tried yet which should allow SHMBO to actually see where I am in real time when I'm on a long solo. Then again , maybe that's overkill and an invasion on my privacy :twisted: and it does suck a fair bit out of the battery.

I've got a HTC Desire and only used the live mode once, by accident, and don't think the batteries would last much more than three hours in the live mode.I'm only guessing on the time though.
I have Sports Tracker too. I also bought the Bluetooth HRM which works pretty well most of the time. You have to be careful as to where you put the phone otherwise it may loose the signal.

I bought the HRM from the online shop. It was about $40 less than what I could by it for in Hobart.

thomashouseman

Postby thomashouseman » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:32 pm

So in the four months since the last post, has anyone discovered a better android app or should I just give MyTracks a go for now?

Old and Rusty

Postby Old and Rusty » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:56 pm

Big thumbs up for sportstracker here, I used it and only bought a garmin because I couldn't find a Bluetooth hrm.
"scaffolders, where learning to walk upright is in the training manual"
2011 Jamis Ventura Elite
2011 Pinarello FPQ

John Lewis

Postby John Lewis » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:05 pm

Been playing with Mytracks. Seems OK. Suits me anyway. I send the gpx tracks to PY Trainer on my Linux box for analysis.

There is another called B.icycle But Can't try it as its on a Telstra Smart Touch Android for some reason.

John

Vivifyer

Postby Vivifyer » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:09 pm

+1 for Endomondo - http://www.endomondo.com

works rather well, and you can attach other things to it with a bluetooth connection for heart rate and cadence, if you wish.
=======================
Flickr Stream
DArt Gallery

Old and Rusty

Postby Old and Rusty » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:03 pm

Hold the front page, Sportstracker have released an invite only beta version for android which will soon be available for general download.

Just got this in an email:

Landing soon on Android!
Sports Tracker is also headed to Android phones. The Invite Only Beta is currently running and the development is in it's final stages and we expect to launch the application officially in the very near future. Follow our blog, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for all the latest news on Android and other developments!

They now have it available for download on iPhone.
"scaffolders, where learning to walk upright is in the training manual"
2011 Jamis Ventura Elite
2011 Pinarello FPQ