Parking bicycles in Hobart area

andycycles

Parking bicycles in Hobart area

Postby andycycles » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:51 pm

Does anyone know where I could park my bike in the area of Hobart preferably for free? I need it to be parked all day whilst I am at school. I had a look around the area near the Tasmanian Polytechnic and the bus mall but couldn't see anything.

I'm aware of the parking service the argyle street car park gives to cyclist but that is $50 (plus another $50 deposit for the swipe card)

Any information would be appreciated.

Andy.

andycycles

Re: Parking bicycles in Hobart area

Postby andycycles » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:41 pm

Just was told about the big cycle rack in the middle of the road across the road from franklin square right near the bus mall. I feel stupid now! :roll:

Anyway, I would like to keep this topic open for park spaces in and around Hobart anyway.

Andy.

Baldy

Postby Baldy » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:00 pm

Gday Andy

If you are going to the Bathurst street campus you might be able to use the bike cage around the back there, near the Brooker.

Im not sure but it might be for the Menzies centre only? All I know is some of the med students use it. There was a post about it here a while back http://healthytransporthobart.org/

cheers mate, good luck 8)

master6

Postby master6 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:35 pm

What is that chemical solution we used in High School Science? You mix it as a clear liquid then paint it onto things like light switches, door handles, toilet seats etc, and let it dry. When later touched it goes "bang". Should help protect a bike from Bogans!

m@

Postby m@ » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:21 pm

Maybe have a chat with the campus facilities people - there are probably some hoops or even a bike cage hidden away somewhere.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe