Cant find any womens riding clubs

Malaika

Cant find any womens riding clubs

Postby Malaika » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:50 am

Hi is there any females from brisbane who knows of any good riding clubs that concentrate on female riders all the clubs i have looked at has been more men orientated and barely have any information about female riding pls help !!!
"Why drive if you can ride"

If I hear "Yeah BRO" one more time i might crack out the pepper!!

2011 Specialzed DOLCE Elite SRAM APEX - The way i like it :)

Comedian

Re: Cant find any womens riding clubs

Postby Comedian » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:02 pm

Malaika wrote:Hi is there any females from brisbane who knows of any good riding clubs that concentrate on female riders all the clubs i have looked at has been more men orientated and barely have any information about female riding pls help !!!
The BBTA runs I've been on have a mix of female to males. Probably 40% female?

GraemeK

Postby GraemeK » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:42 pm

All the clubs you look at will continue to be male oriented unless you join them and increase the number of women.

HuskiesX2

Postby HuskiesX2 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:09 am

If you are looking for another fem to bulk out the numbers... then give me a yell. :)

I am also in BrisVegas...and yes... it sure does seem a man's world up here sometimes [not that I object to the view :lol: ]

However I am not at the fast end of the spectrum
You can never have too many huskies

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:03 pm

I see many group rides around the Caboolture - Strathpine area, with quite a few girls in them.

Maybe try Duttons at North Lakes or Wolves Bike Den at Caboolture for some info. :)

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

elizabethw

Postby elizabethw » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:12 pm

I have been looking too for some women riders, there is a male club in town but I would have no hope of keeping up with them.. thinking about advertising to see if there are any women in my area who would love to meet for a ride and coffee...

I am in the Fassifern Valley... such a beautiful area for riding.

Best of luck in finding a group.

michellebris

Postby michellebris » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:56 pm

hey there,

I too am in Brisbane and am looking to get into a cycling club. Im just starting cycling and was trying to think of the best way to go about finding people to ride with but Im a bit put off by the ratio of men and the fact that ill prob be a bit slow at first :oops: . If theres anyone (chicks!) that feels like meeting up for a ride a few times first so I can get the hang of it that would be great. Im 29, fit, live southside but have a ute so could travel to meet up. cheers

goneriding

Postby goneriding » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:07 pm

There is a mixed group that rides on Sunday mornings from St Aidens school carpark. Basically, a half River Loop with coffee and pastries at Miette's to finish.

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~b.wagner ... cling.html

qinv

Postby qinv » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:29 pm

GraemeK wrote:All the clubs you look at will continue to be male oriented unless you join them and increase the number of women.
good point!

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:35 pm

I think I mentioned the BBTA club I'm in and their runs... well this morning there was I think probably 12 people, of which 5 were ladies. That's not a bad effort, and it's pretty normal for that group.

Reggaetonero

Postby Reggaetonero » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:38 pm

You can always come down here to beautiful Victoria and ride with me

themelster

Postby themelster » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:13 pm

Hi ladies,

I'm not sure if I am too late, but I'd love to meet some ladies to ride with around Brissie. I am in Kelvin Grove, so quite central, and don't mind driving to meet up. I am a beginner though - so not very fast!

I rode last week with a ladies riding group called Bella Velo. They meet every Wednesday Morning at Sandgate at 6am (arthur Davies Park on Flinders Parade). It was really nice - I'll definately be joining them again.

If anyone is interested in meeting up for a ride - message me!

cheers
MEl.

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:55 pm

themelster wrote:Hi ladies,

I'm not sure if I am too late, but I'd love to meet some ladies to ride with around Brissie. I am in Kelvin Grove, so quite central, and don't mind driving to meet up. I am a beginner though - so not very fast!

I rode last week with a ladies riding group called Bella Velo. They meet every Wednesday Morning at Sandgate at 6am (arthur Davies Park on Flinders Parade). It was really nice - I'll definately be joining them again.

If anyone is interested in meeting up for a ride - message me!

cheers
MEl.
Hi,

The BBTA runs numerous rides from Toombull and Wilston and are a lovely group made up of a mix of men and women. They have rides suitable from beginner and up but most of the social rides are suitable for beginners with road bikes. PM me if you'd like more info. :)

http://www.bbta.org/

My wife does the Bella Velo rides sometimes so you'll probably meet her next week. :)

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:47 pm

Australian Mountian Bike Clinics has a womens development group. If getting dirty is your thing, get in touch with Lim Stokeld at ambc.com.au.

themelster

Postby themelster » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:07 pm

Thanks guys!

Getting dirty probably isn't really my thing - yet!

I'll definitely check out the BBTA as wilston is really handy!

AC_io

Postby AC_io » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:43 pm

Hi, Im new to Sydney (Eastern Sub) and miss riding but dont know my way around, so I am looking to ride with a female gruop - does anyone know of a female riding group/club/ride or want to start?

Thanks

Eleri

Postby Eleri » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:39 am

AC_io wrote:Hi, Im new to Sydney (Eastern Sub) and miss riding but dont know my way around, so I am looking to ride with a female gruop - does anyone know of a female riding group/club/ride or want to start?
There's no women's clubs that I am aware of.

However, there is a women friendly club in Dulwich Hill of which I am a member http://www.dhbc.org.au. Lots of women go on the Saturday ride to Centennial Park -details on the website. If you want to pm me I can work out a place to meet you and introduce you to a few other women. We recently had women's catchup after the ride to get women together. And we are planning an introduction to the track soon. We ride at Tempe which is not too far from some parts of the Eastern Suburbs. We have "no drop" rides to Waterfall on Sundays as well and there's always women on that ride, people who know the way (always a good thing) and a ride leader who will make sure the bunch is safe and that if there are any mechanicals, no-one gets left behind.

There's also a group of women on Sydney Cyclist http://www.sydneycyclist.com/ called "Sydney Girls Bike Club". Sometimes rides get organised through there are as well and I think I recall them meeting up on a weekday morning in Centennial Park for a training ride.

Do get in contact if you want more info.

chippie

Postby chippie » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:32 am

In the Brisbane Western suburbs there is a great group that leave on Fridays from St Lucia Golf Club and do coffee and great raisin toast afterwards. There are a few women and you can ride in one of 3 groups depending on your speed/experience. Cheers! :D

Parker

Postby Parker » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:51 pm

Anyone in Melbourne reading this - SKCC now has the largest womens membership in Australia.

emmy_88

Postby emmy_88 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:56 pm

Hi im also from brisbane and am looking for a group or some people to ride with, anyone know any good groups/clubs to join?
thanks