Warragul Track Summer Series

toppity

Warragul Track Summer Series

Postby toppity » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:45 pm

Hi There,

Warragul Cycling Club will be holding their Track Summer Series in the coming weeks. The track at Warragul is great for both riders and spectators alike. There will be good prize money on offer and therefore some very good riders racing for it. A link to the dedicated web site is below. This is a very friendly and welcoming club, I urge anyone who is interested in track racing to attend.... you will not be disappointed. As these events are on Friday evenings, and if you live in or near the city, consider making a night of it. There are plenty of restruants in Warragul and surrounds and with the Freeway in place the trip is very quick. Racing under lights in Summer......there is nothing better.

https://sites.google.com/site/wcctrackaggregate/program.
I ride several bicycles, but not at once.

aroes

Re: Warragul Track Summer Series

Postby aroes » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:32 am

do you know what time of night the racing gets underway? can't seem to see it anywhere on the site

might come down and have a look

toppity

Postby toppity » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:16 am

aroes

Postby aroes » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:42 am

ah right thanks

just realised i won't be able to get down anyway......i'd be catching the train and would end up in warragul too late to get one back to dandenong

have fun!

toppity

Postby toppity » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:11 pm

Great nights racing. The weather cleared up and although it was muggy, it was fine.

Small fields of 6-7 in most grades, but good racing.

Next racing will be Friday Night the 28th....so really looking forward to that. If the weather is better I reckon there will be more having a go. :D

toppity

Postby toppity » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:57 pm

night 2 is on this Friday. With the weather forecast being good, there should be more here this time around :mrgreen:

toppity

Postby toppity » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:17 am

Another great nights racing on the track. Numbers were about the same as last time with some notable members missing on a charity ride. Last race will be in a fortnights time 11th Feb. :D

toppity

Postby toppity » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:16 am

Final night of racing in the series this Friday at Warragul. Can't wait...hope the weather holds up.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:24 pm

Go get em Toppity! :twisted:
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

toppity

Postby toppity » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:26 pm

Gippsland Championships on this Friday night at Warragul Track. Racing starts at 7:00pm.

I think the program will be simple.

Flying 200m
500m TT
10k scratch

not sure what else.

toppity

Postby toppity » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:06 am

Gippsland champs was fun last night.

There was good turn out. Juniors (4 grades), ladies, masters and elite went around. The numbers are definately not dwindling around here. I think there will be more people interested in track racing next year as well. :D

They combined masters 1,2 & 3 and 4,5,6,7,8. I'm MAS3 so I was in the first group.

It was run as an Omnium and I placed 2nd out of 3 enterants in all events. I was very happy as the blokes I was riding against are great riders. Gary Jackson won all and Michael Krausz was 3rd in all. Bloody hell Gary is fast. :shock:

The Elite scratch race was dominated by Breton Jones who lapped the field. He is in his first big wheel race tonight. Hope he goes well, along with Brett Rowlinson, in the Austral.

Thanks to Steve, Karren and all the volenteers that make track racing a Warragul such great events to be part of.

toppity

Postby toppity » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:23 pm

The last night of the Warragul Summer Series has been moved to 18/03 as the scheduled last night was washed out.

Should be a good night with Austral finalists Brett Rowlinson and Breton Jones going around.

toppity

Postby toppity » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:57 am

Last race of the summer for me on the track tonight. It's been great getting back into track racing this summer. The people at Warragul Cycling Club have been the best.

Then it's back to grinding out some road km's. My form is waning so I'm not expecting too much tonight. I'm more interested to see if the two top track riders in the district show up to race each other. Breton Jones won the 2000m wheelrace at Bendigo last week and Brett Rawlinson came 4th and won a graded scratch race. I'll be more interested to see these guys go at it.

Should be a gret show and the weather looks like being o.k.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:47 am

Hey Toppity, are you sure that your form is waning or is it, you have just peaked for the type of training that you're doing and the others are just, catching up in their fitness levels? :)
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

toppity

Postby toppity » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:57 am

foo on patrol wrote:Hey Toppity, are you sure that your form is waning or is it, you have just peaked for the type of training that you're doing and the others are just, catching up in their fitness levels? :)
I definately think it's my form mate. I have done a few of the usual training rides and I'm up to a couple of kph slower on some climbs. I spoke with the bloke who has been training us on the track and he said that I have gone over the peak in this training block (as you mentioned) and it's time to accept it and start the next one. I'm ok with that, but I wish I could of held on for another couple of weeks.

I got smashed on the track last night. I only placed in two races and felt every surge stretch me. Two lots of club champs crit's coming up (one today) and regional crit champs next week. I'll still race, but my expectations are now lower than what they were.

Anyway, it's been a great summer and although i'm not looking forward to the grind of the next training block, I know will will benefit me next year.