Alberto Contador tests positive for clenbuterol

Tour de France, Giro d'Italia, Vuelta a España, Tour Down Under and more

Re: Alberto Contador tests positive for clenbuterol

Postby jules21 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:08 pm

brentono wrote:Jules21 "having a personal shot" came as a bit of a shock,

for the record, i was only meaning to doubt the ingenuousness of your stated belief that the spanish ruling wouldn't be appealed by the UCI. despite what you may believe about the integrity of the case against contador, which you obviously feel strongly about, i think it's glaringly obvious that the UCI are at least likely to appeal it. i can't believe you can't see that.
jules21

by BNA » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:50 pm

BNA

Postby brentono » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:50 pm

jules21 wrote:
brentono wrote:Jules21 "having a personal shot" came as a bit of a shock,

for the record, i was only meaning to doubt the ingenuousness of your stated belief that the spanish ruling wouldn't be appealed by the UCI. despite what you may believe about the integrity of the case against contador, which you obviously feel strongly about, i think it's glaringly obvious that the UCI are at least likely to appeal it. i can't believe you can't see that.

Jules21,
With repect, I think you may have a misunderstanding, sir.

My quote was
Still have difficulty seeing either WADA or UCI (severely or jointly) coming up with anything new to sway
the CAS, into accepting an appeal, (and if they do) to convince the CAS to uphold their appeal.

So I did actually consider an appeal... so I think it's glaringly obvious that I did see that. :roll:

... the case against contador, which you obviously feel strongly about...

I don't feel that strongly about it, but I have been willing to see there is a possibility that he is innocent.
I am sure that I am not the only one, amongst the 10,000+ odd members, here,
but I seem to be the only one that willing oppose the "the in group" line on Contador,
and accept flaming, ridicule, personnal attack etc.
Any other person, with my belief, is not getting involved, and not willing put up with the agro,
or so it would seem.
It happens often here with "the in group" and Christopher must be well aware of it, possibly, accepts it.
Sorry we have had this misunderstanding.
:mrgreen:
Lone Rider- I rode on the long, dark road... before I danced under the lights.
brentono

Postby Mulger bill » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:29 pm

Having said a few words in this thread, I'm supposed to refrain from moderating it. Seeing as there's no other mods about...

Gentlemen, methinks we've reached a crossroads and are veering towards the road to nowhere. I may be wrong but I'm prepared to admit it if I am. I will be locking this threead for a short time to allow all correspondents to go for a ride and gather their thoughts. I'll give it 24 hrs, please remind me or any mod who's about if I should forget at this time tomorrow.

Thanks for listening.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Previous

Return to International and National Tours and Events