Ranking page for the 6K, 10K and Fit Git comps

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Re: Ranking page for the 6K, 10K and Fit Git comps

Postby cavebear2 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:58 pm

caffeine wrote:
Mustang wrote:Great incentive, can one transfer to a higher club,if their goal distance is raised?


Yup, goals are updated from BJ nightly. Realistically the 'clubs' are just those that have their goal set to the defined amounts, so if it is set to 10000 or 6666 they automatically 'join' that club.

I can always add more, and I think also it might be nice to have ladders based on grouping other than goals. Commuter cup for example. I'll have to see if I can do a similar thing from the site they use to record rides, but there may be 'groups' we want to have that don't have a set or common goal. An example might be state based rankings.

Any suggestions or thoughts bring them on!

Fantastic work Caffeine! :D Could we get this thread made a 'sticky'? Another idea for an extra group, perhaps Australian rankings, though this can be done using Bike Journal but not on a CFA club basis.
User avatar
cavebear2
 
Posts: 2139
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:46 am
Location: Perth

by BNA » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:02 pm

BNA
 

Re: Ranking page for the 6K, 10K and Fit Git comps

Postby Livetoride » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:02 pm

cavebear2 wrote:
caffeine wrote:
Mustang wrote:Great incentive, can one transfer to a higher club,if their goal distance is raised?


Yup, goals are updated from BJ nightly. Realistically the 'clubs' are just those that have their goal set to the defined amounts, so if it is set to 10000 or 6666 they automatically 'join' that club.

I can always add more, and I think also it might be nice to have ladders based on grouping other than goals. Commuter cup for example. I'll have to see if I can do a similar thing from the site they use to record rides, but there may be 'groups' we want to have that don't have a set or common goal. An example might be state based rankings.

Any suggestions or thoughts bring them on!

Fantastic work Caffeine! :D Could we get this thread made a 'sticky'? Another idea for an extra group, perhaps Australian rankings, though this can be done using Bike Journal but not on a CFA club basis.


I Like the sound of the state listings, good idea.
Happy Days
User avatar
Livetoride
 
Posts: 2206
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: South Eastern Melbourne

Re: Ranking page for the 6K, 10K and Fit Git comps

Postby notwal » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:26 pm

Thanks Caffeine. Great page deserves a bump. :D
judged, insulted, gone
User avatar
notwal
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:57 pm

Ranking page for the 6K, 10K and Fit Git comps

Postby caffeine » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:37 pm

Lol, ta. But truly your post in the 6K thread took more effort :-)
That was a gem.
___________________________________________________________________________
Giant CRX-1 - Started riding Jan 2011 so take all comments with a grain of newbie salt!

Rankings page for BNA/ACF, 10K and 6K. Any issues with it post here.
User avatar
caffeine
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:16 pm

Re: Ranking page for the 6K, 10K and Fit Git comps

Postby ruscook » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:56 am

Thanks Caffeine, I think every one else has already said it but
what a great idea,
well executed
looks awesome
love the big red line :-)

Russ
Image
GT Avalanche 1.0 | TCR Alliance 0 | Giant Bowery | BMW K1300R
Two wheels good, Four wheels bad
ruscook
 
Posts: 2338
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:59 pm
Location: Tregear, NSW

Re: Ranking page for the 6K, 10K and Fit Git comps

Postby humpy125 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:24 am

Can this thread be made sticky? (no I don't mean pour honey on it :shock: )
Image
User avatar
humpy125
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:08 am

Re: Ranking page for the 6K, 10K and Fit Git comps

Postby cavebear2 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:07 pm

Bump! :wink:
User avatar
cavebear2
 
Posts: 2139
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:46 am
Location: Perth

Re: Ranking page for the 6K, 10K and Fit Git comps

Postby Mustang » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:14 pm

Hi Caffiene,
I appear to be two days behind?
Image
User avatar
Mustang
 
Posts: 1354
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:20 am
Location: Little Mountain Q

Re: Ranking page for the 6K, 10K and Fit Git comps

Postby damhooligan » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:28 pm

I just noticed this little gem..

What an awesome site.. 8)
Nice work caffeine .

Just letting you know, my forum name is the same as my BJ name. :wink:
And i also changed my goal a bit lower, so I can join the 10k club.. 8)

What I like the most is the estemated km for the year in brackets.
That is something i calculate myself often.. :D
The dutch have one word to describe the aussie MHL, this word is ;
SCHIJNVEILIGHEID !!
User avatar
damhooligan
 
Posts: 3409
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: melbourne

Re: Ranking page for the 6K, 10K and Fit Git comps

Postby marinmomma » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:51 pm

Mustang wrote:Hi Caffiene,
I appear to be two days behind?


+1, and I'm just ahead of the red arrow cuurently but the ranking page hasn't updated for 3 days.
Lisa
marinmomma
 
Posts: 1984
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:12 pm
Location: Southside Brisbane

Re: Ranking page for the 6K, 10K and Fit Git comps

Postby caffeine » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:12 am

Sorry 'bout that guys!

The scheduler at my new hosting provider seems to have some quirks I'm still working through. Should be OK as of ~ midnight last night.
___________________________________________________________________________
Giant CRX-1 - Started riding Jan 2011 so take all comments with a grain of newbie salt!

Rankings page for BNA/ACF, 10K and 6K. Any issues with it post here.
User avatar
caffeine
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:16 pm

Re: Ranking page for the 6K, 10K and Fit Git comps

Postby Mustang » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:17 am

Mustang wrote:Hi Caffiene,
I appear to be two days behind?

All good now
Image
User avatar
Mustang
 
Posts: 1354
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:20 am
Location: Little Mountain Q

Re: Ranking page for the 6K, 10K and Fit Git comps

Postby gururug » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:13 pm

How many hours it take you?
User avatar
gururug
 
Posts: 1499
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:05 pm

Re: Ranking page for the 6K, 10K and Fit Git comps

Postby marinmomma » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:50 pm

thanks, still under that red line...grrrrr
Lisa
marinmomma
 
Posts: 1984
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:12 pm
Location: Southside Brisbane

Re: Ranking page for the 6K, 10K and Fit Git comps

Postby shaneo92 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:14 pm

Great work!!

Pitty I have fallen behind that dam red line since injuring my wrist, Ill get back in front of it...
Image
Masi Evoluzione Ultegra 2012, Giant Anthem X2, 90s Torker
shaneo92
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:19 pm
Location: Wollongong

Re: Ranking page for the 6K, 10K and Fit Git comps

Postby tim on skin » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:22 pm

(AT) Anyone for SA Get your act together and start riding can't see anyone else from SA in the top 40 on BNA rank
Image
No Pain No Game Man
HTFU
User avatar
tim on skin
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:10 pm
Location: renown park sa

Re: Ranking page for the 6K, 10K and Fit Git comps

Postby Chuck » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:31 pm

Image
Image
FPR Ragamuffin
User avatar
Chuck
 
Posts: 4200
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:19 pm
Location: Hiding in the bunch

Re: Ranking page for the 6K, 10K and Fit Git comps

Postby Baalzamon » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:48 pm

humpy125 wrote:Can this thread be made sticky? (no I don't mean pour honey on it :shock: )

bump
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810
Image
Baalzamon
 
Posts: 4395
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:23 pm
Location: Yangebup

Re: Ranking page for the 6K, 10K and Fit Git comps

Postby Comedian » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:53 pm

I just found this. Caff... I love your stuff here!
Once you can climb hills on a bike it's all downhill. :mrgreen:

Hopefully I'll know what that's like..... one day. :shock: :lol:

Image
User avatar
Comedian
 
Posts: 4392
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Ranking page for the 6K, 10K and Fit Git comps

Postby Livetoride » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:08 pm

Comedian wrote:I just found this. Caff... I love your stuff here!

Bit slow off the mark aren't ya Dude :shock:
Happy Days
User avatar
Livetoride
 
Posts: 2206
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: South Eastern Melbourne

Re: Ranking page for the 6K, 10K and Fit Git comps

Postby Apple » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:11 pm

Excuse me what is this thread.
Please explain
:? :evil: :roll:


OK, just read it good job :P but I still want the 6666 club back
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: Ranking page for the 6K, 10K and Fit Git comps

Postby Livetoride » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:22 pm

Apple wrote:Excuse me what is this thread.
Please explain
:? :evil: :roll:


OK, just read it good job :P but I still want the 6666 club back


Any ews on what happened to de 6666k club :?
Happy Days
User avatar
Livetoride
 
Posts: 2206
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: South Eastern Melbourne

Re: Ranking page for the 6K, 10K and Fit Git comps

Postby marinmomma » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:26 pm

Livetoride wrote:
Apple wrote:Excuse me what is this thread.
Please explain
:? :evil: :roll:


OK, just read it good job :P but I still want the 6666 club back


Any ews on what happened to de 6666k club :?


Nothing yet...some 6k members think that the 10k club had something to do with it :wink:
Lisa
marinmomma
 
Posts: 1984
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:12 pm
Location: Southside Brisbane

Re: Ranking page for the 6K, 10K and Fit Git comps

Postby Comedian » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:26 pm

Livetoride wrote:
Comedian wrote:I just found this. Caff... I love your stuff here!

Bit slow off the mark aren't ya Dude :shock:

Yeah... was having trouble clipping in :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:
Once you can climb hills on a bike it's all downhill. :mrgreen:

Hopefully I'll know what that's like..... one day. :shock: :lol:

Image
User avatar
Comedian
 
Posts: 4392
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Ranking page for the 6K, 10K and Fit Git comps

Postby Livetoride » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:27 pm

marinmomma wrote:
Livetoride wrote:
Apple wrote:Excuse me what is this thread.
Please explain
:? :evil: :roll:


OK, just read it good job :P but I still want the 6666 club back


Any ews on what happened to de 6666k club :?


Nothing yet...some 6k members think that the 10k club had something to do with it :wink:

:twisted: (insert evil laugh here)
Happy Days
User avatar
Livetoride
 
Posts: 2206
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:47 pm
Location: South Eastern Melbourne

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], provoked



Support BNA
Click for online shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Cycling Express Cycling Express
Ebay Ebay AU
ProBikeKit ProBikeKit UK
Evans Cycles Evans Cycles UK
JensonUSA Jenson USA
JensonUSA Competitive Cyclist