commuting via magill rd tips?

ALAN Roadie

Re: commuting via magill rd tips?

Postby ALAN Roadie » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:25 am

Hey Rustie... no I am on an Orange / Blue ALAN X33 Roadbike. Usually in North Adelaide Cycles kit. Like eeksl said I must look funny in full road gear rolling at 20kph to be safe, hopefully I don't hold anyone up heading in over the next week. What time do you guys normally head in on Magill Road? I don't think I have seen anyone on a blue fixie or an Orbea

rustychisel

Postby rustychisel » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:43 pm

usually on the road by 8.30am, was about 15 minutes later this morning. Traffic was rather light

ALAN Roadie

Postby ALAN Roadie » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:51 pm

Yeah I had to drive and was surprised by the lack of Magill Road traffic.

eeksll

Postby eeksll » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:03 pm

i head in anytime between 7:45 to 9, see what time i get my lazy arse out of bed.

black giant with gray/black ortlieb pannier (sometimes both)
or my blue azzuri road bike.

clothing changes all the time, but by the looks of it I am the one at the front slowing everyone down!!!

verbs and nouns

Postby verbs and nouns » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:31 pm

We take Beulah every day from just past Portrush near Pembroke oval. Haven't had any real problems, just got to be wary at the roundabouts (mums in SUV's anyone?). I sit on about 25-30k's down there (sometimes on a roadbike, sometimes brakeless track bike). When I come up to roundabouts I try and sit in the middle of the lane and not let anyone try and pass me (there's not enough room).

To get to work,it's straight down Beulah, then we go right at Fullarton, then left down Rundle, then left at East Tce. My wife likes doing battle with Grenfell street while I do Flinders.

I've done the Parade a few times on the way home and its horrible, coming up from Bartels road is terrifying as well and the last time I tried Britannia roundabout (last week), I had a 4WD pull out on me.

There is no way I would EVER tackle Magill road, especially during peak hour. Hell, even on a Saturday it's bad enough.

I don't understand why people ride Magill and Portrush. Eff that.
Andy MASH SF wrote:You ride a (brakeless) track bike on the city street because it’s stupid and reckless–and by default: bad-ass.