6666 Club Thread RELOADED

marinmomma

Re: 6666 Club Thread RELOADED

Postby marinmomma » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:13 pm

lovemybike wrote:

Yep, I'm with you Lisa. Mine will mostly be weekend only once winter starts and my new bike is causing me a bit of pain so I'm avoiding it at the moment :? Don't leave the club! The 10k guys are only stirring :) Ride because you enjoy it not because of the red triangle :)

+1 to what Julie wrote...and sorry to hear that your new bike has caused some pain for you :(
My riding buddy had a difficult journey with her transitition to riding a road bike after riding a hybrid for a few years!
Keep persisting with it Julie...think of those hills :wink:
Lisa

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:14 pm

That was close Norbs :shock: I get the same thing on Braidwood rd in the mornings but at least that has some shoulder on it.

DavidS

Postby DavidS » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:34 pm

Bit slow for me at the moment as I have pulled my back out. Still riding to work but a bit slower (bloody wind doesn't help either). Riding is actually not bad for my back as it stretches it out, still I am finding it hard to get going, much less acceleration.

That was close Norbs. I was riding home today and I was in StKilda Rd, I needed to turn right at Southbank Boulevard going south so I was in the middle lane. If you know this area you will know they have those new big tram stops so the middle lane is quite narrow. Too narrow for a car to pass a bike IMO so I ride out in the lane a bit. Today some jerk decided they couldn't wait to get to the red light at Southbank Boulevard and went past me. They managed to collect my mirror with their mirror on the way past. What a moron. I usually don't turn right there, only if I need to go to the supermarket in South Melbourne, but next time I'm riding right in the middle of the lane.

DS
Last edited by DavidS on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Allegro T1, Auren Swift :)

sblack

Postby sblack » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:48 pm

norbs wrote:I don't post a lot in the 6k club thread, so it will be no different around here. I will be like the bald one. Drop in for a look see, just wont participate in the gauntlet flinging.
It will be sad not seeing you in the club norbs. While it's true that this year there are many others making up the conversation you will always be the founder of the club and the person to be thankful to for creating this arena for us to engage in our friendly competition. So make sure you do call in and keep us updated on how your doing. Best of luck with the 6000 and the photography.

grt046

Postby grt046 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:14 am

sblack wrote:
norbs wrote:I don't post a lot in the 6k club thread, so it will be no different around here. I will be like the bald one. Drop in for a look see, just wont participate in the gauntlet flinging.
It will be sad not seeing you in the club norbs. While it's true that this year there are many others making up the conversation you will always be the founder of the club and the person to be thankful to for creating this arena for us to engage in our friendly competition. So make sure you do call in and keep us updated on how your doing. Best of luck with the 6000 and the photography.
+1
Giant Defy Advanced 1 (2014) Orbea Gain M20 (2021)

Toolish

Postby Toolish » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:48 am

Seems there are a few drop outs which is never a good thing. The loss of the thread hurts too.

I got 132 km in last week which is more than the weekly requirement for 6666 for a year, but not really making up the ground I have already lost. hoping to get more in this week, have done 30 so far and there is a 75km community ride here on Sunday which starts about 10km from home so Sunday will be near a 100km day for me which will be a test as recently my long rides have been nearer the 60km mark. Hoping fellow cyclists around will help both with drafting and mentally.

Also hoping to get another 60ish km in the next couple of days to round out a 200km week....will see what happens there though. Aim is mainly to make sure no week is less than 130 from now on and anything over that helps to close the gap.

breezer1

Postby breezer1 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:51 am

nice easy 35 km today, will be doing a group ride tomorrow so saving the legs for the hills we will encounter! :(

norbs

Postby norbs » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:48 am

sblack wrote:

She'll be right mate. I'm still around, just with a revised goal. Really, I am still a 6k'er, just slightly less than you gauntlet throwing machines. :D

DiverMark

Postby DiverMark » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:07 pm

Just the 20km commute today, out in the field tomorrow so no riding :( Going to give a group ride a go on Saturday 8)

celeste boy

Postby celeste boy » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:19 pm

Hey you 6666 guys and girls,

I'm sitting here with a clavical sticking up looking like my wife has not ironed this shirt properly and I'm hearing about people dropping out, dropping back and going on canoe weekends. Bikes are rusting away in my garage, my 'world ranking' position drops every day and I'm hearing there are pikers in the team.

Apple, I say instate me as Director Sportif and you as my deputy and let's get tough with some of the 6666 members.
You will be out in front soon and they always say 'lead by example'. You've proven yourself with the techno stuff and for me- who needs friends?

There- how's that for a gauntlet.

celeste boy

(24 more days off the road and radiologists report tomorrow)

bosvit

Postby bosvit » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:32 pm

80km commute yesterday but due to the very strong head wind coming home yesterday (40-50km/h) I got home pretty late and it was suggested that perhaps the car was a better alternative.......

Anyway yesterday blew my feet out so didn't commute today or tomorrow as I want to do the group ride Saturday morning (for my birthday woo hoo) which is pretty fast for me so don't want to have any handicaps.

Hey who said happy wife happy life... :D 8) :lol:

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:33 pm

bosvit wrote:80km commute yesterday but due to the very strong head wind coming home yesterday (40-50km/h) I got home pretty late and it was suggested that perhaps the car was a better alternative.......

Anyway yesterday blew my feet out so didn't commute today or tomorrow as I want to do the group ride Saturday morning (for my birthday woo hoo) which is pretty fast for me so don't want to have any handicaps.

Self preservation is quite a strong instinct :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:

bosvit

Postby bosvit » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:51 pm

Comedian wrote:
bosvit wrote:80km commute yesterday but due to the very strong head wind coming home yesterday (40-50km/h) I got home pretty late and it was suggested that perhaps the car was a better alternative.......

kaboom tish!

Apple

Postby Apple » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:03 pm

bosvit wrote:.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61lE_8YNnCI
8)
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!

bosvit

Postby bosvit » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:23 pm

Apple wrote:

8)
HA! Next you will be changing your name to Stephanie K Amos.... everyones a comedian :D :P :)

Apple

Postby Apple » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:50 pm

bosvit wrote:
Apple wrote:

8)
HA! Next you will be changing your name to Stephanie K Amos.... everyones a comedian :D :P :)
I am more of this person, actually I was the original and I think she just copied my humour.
But I am much sicker :mrgreen:
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!

duds2u

Postby duds2u » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:34 pm

Comedian wrote:

That's why I have survived 38 years of marriage.
Am I a coward or what? 8)

DavidS

Postby DavidS » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:50 pm

celeste boy wrote:Hey you 6666 guys and girls,

I'm sitting here with a clavical sticking up looking like my wife has not ironed this shirt properly and I'm hearing about people dropping out, dropping back and going on canoe weekends. Bikes are rusting away in my garage, my 'world ranking' position drops every day and I'm hearing there are pikers in the team.

Apple, I say instate me as Director Sportif and you as my deputy and let's get tough with some of the 6666 members.
You will be out in front soon and they always say 'lead by example'. You've proven yourself with the techno stuff and for me- who needs friends?

celeste boy

Given I only commute on the bike (around 32KM per day), don't really do recreational rides, this is a close run thing for me. But I won't be piking it, just need to make sure I can keep up the KMs in winter. Looks like rain early next week so a couple of days on the train maybe. 6k is a pretty good target, it is very easy to let that red triangle slip away and hard to catch. We'll see if I can pick up that gauntlet.

DS
Allegro T1, Auren Swift :)

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:53 am

I am still keen. I am doing a MTB group ride tomorrow and that should see me break through the 1000kms. Still got some triangle chasing to do but 10 days off over easter will let me have a good crack at it.

norbs

Postby norbs » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:58 am

Mugglechops wrote:I am still keen. I am doing a MTB group ride tomorrow and that should see me break through the 1000kms. Still got some triangle chasing to do but 10 days off over easter will let me have a good crack at it.
290kms! :D

lovemybike

Postby lovemybike » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:58 am

celeste boy wrote:Hey you 6666 guys and girls,

celeste boy

Good one Celeste boy :) Best of luck at the radiologist!

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:51 am

norbs wrote:
Mugglechops wrote:I am still keen. I am doing a MTB group ride tomorrow and that should see me break through the 1000kms. Still got some triangle chasing to do but 10 days off over easter will let me have a good crack at it.

Ha Ha, I may have a green line but it doesn't update. Only need 46kms to get to 1000kms now.

breezer1

Postby breezer1 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:25 am

Mugglechops wrote:
norbs wrote:
Ha Ha, I may have a green line but it doesn't update. Only need 46kms to get to 1000kms now.
good ride norbs!.
the graph will update every 12.05 pm and 12.05 am everyday!

group ride 4 riders not so good headwind outbound but great on the way back! clocked 36.3 km nice scenic ride avg of 23.5 kph, to swansea/murrays beach/caves beach,swansea channel is a good casual ride.

celeste boy

Postby celeste boy » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:10 pm

[quote="breezer1

group ride 4 riders not so good headwind outbound but great on the way back! clocked 36.3 km nice scenic ride avg of 23.5 kph, to swansea/murrays beach/caves beach,swansea channel is a good casual ride.

Image[/quote]

Ah, what a life! Miles ahead of the red arrow and plenty of time to post maps of the ride. How are we ever going to run you down?

celeste boy

breezer1

Postby breezer1 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:30 pm

celeste boy wrote:
Ah, what a life! Miles ahead of the red arrow and plenty of time to post maps of the ride. How are we ever going to run you down? celeste boy
I have plenty of free time (semi retired), an understanding wife and a love of getting out on the bike and enjoying the company, scenery, fresh air and the breeze rushing bye :wink: