Showers at Work?

Racer

Showers at Work?

Postby Racer » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:13 pm

Hey all,
just wandering if anyone rides to their workplace but is not provided with a place to shower? (more towards office workers) i can tell you that i HATE! sweating a bit then going to sit an an office, at my new workplace (start on the 18th April) they have showers, so i will be commuting to and from work, (only about 10km either way) but it would just be unbearable at my current workplace (no showers)..

i wouldn't mind if i was a labourer or outside worker...

i am only 20 years old, but any sort of physical activity seems to make me sweat ALOT! it always has, i have high cooling demands :P

apsilon

Re: Showers at Work?

Postby apsilon » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:20 pm

Not having showers here at work means I haven't even contemplated riding in. It'd be about 16km at a guess (bit shorter than by car) but I just couldn't do it without being able to shower afterwards for mine and others comfort.

Racer

Postby Racer » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:37 pm

apsilon wrote:but I just couldn't do it without being able to shower afterwards for mine and others comfort.
ok so im not alone haha, thats very considerate of you, i was only thinking of my own comfort :P

Racer

Postby Racer » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:22 pm

Oxford wrote:update your profile so we know what city you are in. if in Brisbane there is the King George Square Cycle Centre.
all done.. hmmm that place looks pretty cool, but too bad if you need to commute from there to work :P nothing like that around here

Lark2004

Postby Lark2004 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:26 pm

I work in a printing bindery, and am also the delivery driver (which means I have to go into clients offices to deliver their goods, many are inner city highrise offices, so body odour can be a problem). My commute is 17k's each way, and I also have a bit of a sweating problem... mind you I don't feel the cold as much some people do.
There are no showers where I work, so I take a facewasher, a handtowel, and a bathtowel. I like to arrive about 30~40 mins before I have to start, and when I arrive, I try and towel off a bit with the handtowel, sit down for 10~15mins and do some warmdown stretches. I then go to the bathroom (locked so no-one can interrupt me), and strip off, wet the face washer and basically have a mini bath :lol: (only takes about 2 mins). Then dry off with the bathtowel. After that I'm fairly well refreshed and ready to start the day.
Andrew

Racer

Postby Racer » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:58 am

Oxford wrote:
Racer wrote:
Oxford wrote:update your profile so we know what city you are in. if in Brisbane there is the King George Square Cycle Centre.
all done.. hmmm that place looks pretty cool, but too bad if you need to commute from there to work :P nothing like that around here
it is cool, been using it since it opened which was 2 weeks after I started working in the city. for the first 2 weeks of the job I rode in and used baby wipes to "wash" down, deoderised, then dressed for work. no one complained so it must have been ok. :P
hmmm i still dont think i could do it, but dont matter anymore since i will have access to showers.. i love a nice cold shower after a hot ride..