Overweight Beginner - What do i do?

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
Sweeper59

Re: Overweight Beginner - What do i do?

Postby Sweeper59 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:39 am

Dean, I've been reading your posts, and it's a great story. I hope you continue to get fitter and reach your goals.

If there's one bit of advice I can give you, it's this: Don't set too many short-term goals. Your aim should NOT be weight loss, but rather to change your lifestyle, which should include healthy eating and exercise. If you have a couple of setbacks - don't worry. The important thing is where your life will be in 1, 2 and 5 years time.

You have probably already found out that exercise can be a real buzz. If you can make it part of your regular lifestyle, you continue to get that buzz.....in fact, it gets bigger and better as you get fitter, particularly if can introduce some competitiveness!

Keep up the good work, and keep us up to date with your progress.
Giant TCR 0
Nobody looks back on their life....and remembers the nights they got plenty of sleep !!

Deanoz

Postby Deanoz » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:02 am

Food is my problem. I am cutting back and eating differently. I have my days. Definitly alot better then it used to be :)

So far to date:

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:17 am

Deanoz wrote:Food is my problem. I am cutting back and eating differently. I have my days. Definitly alot better then it used to be :)

So far to date:
I reckon you could crank the k's up a bit and you'd see even more benefits. Do it slowly though. :)

Deanoz

Postby Deanoz » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:46 am

I honestly considered doing sydney to canberra.. Around 240kms. Not sure if my body is up to yet.

Deanoz

Postby Deanoz » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:46 am

I honestly considered doing sydney to canberra.. Around 240kms. Not sure if my body is up to yet.

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:35 pm

Deanoz wrote:I honestly considered doing sydney to canberra.. Around 240kms. Not sure if my body is up to yet.
I was kind of suggesting slowly increasing the k's. We don't want to kill you :o.

Like if you're doing 70 a week keep sneaking it up by 10 or 20 a week.

When I started I was doing about 400 a month and in under a year I'm now doing 1000 or more most months.

Once I start to get to that mileage I seem to get fitter and loose weight at a good pace.

Check the efforts of Novice and a few others in the acf losers club. It's really very inspirational stuff.

DRAD81

Postby DRAD81 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:57 pm

Glad to here you're still riding Deanoz.

I've started communting to work once a week too and ride from Kingsgrove to Sydney Olympic Park along the Cycle path. It takes me 54mins to complete the 18Kms to work and 50mins to go back home.

I've also been using a program called MyFitnessPal to track my food. It's a calorie calculator basically that helps you track you calorie intake and calories burnt during exercise. It also warns you if you are not eating enough food, which can put your body into starvation mode and hinder your weight loss. I've been using it since January and have dropped from 102Kg down to 90kg.

ozrider

Postby ozrider » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:22 am

Deanoz

Get yourself over to the ACF Biggest Loser Club thread.

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=35910&start=475

It's a big motivator having to 'weigh in' once a week.
Some people are like Slinkies, they're really good for nothing..

..But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!