Brissie to the Bay 2011

Drunkmonkey

Brissie to the Bay 2011

Postby Drunkmonkey » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:48 pm

Entries are now open - and there is a 100k option this year 8)

http://brissietobay.com.au/

Comedian

Brissie to the Bay 2011

Postby Comedian » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:33 pm

Drunkmonkey wrote:Entries are now open - and there is a 100k option this year 8)

Ow! Ow! Stop twisting my arm. I'll do anything to stop the torture. :shock:

If it will make you stop with the harassment I'll do the 100k one :mrgreen:

When and where is it again :oops:

laager

Postby laager » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:52 pm

Last edited by laager on Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Womble

Re: Brissie to the Bay 2011

Postby The Womble » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:24 pm

:twisted:

lethoso

Re:

Postby lethoso » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:21 pm

laager wrote:
Marshals will disqualify riders who are seen breaking the law. This will mean you are banned from future MS Brissie to the Bay bike rides, so please follow these rules to ensure an enjoyable day for all.
Great. So, volunteers will be the judge of whether I am breaking the law? That's for a Court to decide after due process, not a volunteer on a whim.
oh no, disqualified from a charity ride :|

dodge

Re:

Postby dodge » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:44 am

laager wrote:
Marshals will disqualify riders who are seen breaking the law. This will mean you are banned from future MS Brissie to the Bay bike rides, so please follow these rules to ensure an enjoyable day for all.
Great. So, volunteers will be the judge of whether I am breaking the law? That's for a Court to decide after due process, not a volunteer on a whim.
Its a fair request..Behave on the ride or be asked to leave..Its not hard...
Size 14..first of the overeaters

laager

Postby laager » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:46 am

dodge

Postby dodge » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:47 am

Drunkmonkey wrote:Entries are now open - and there is a 100k option this year 8)

I entered last night..Looking forward to this :D

anniegray

Postby anniegray » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:42 am

Looks good, I'd better make sure I enter while the super keen price is available, 08/04/2011, I think.

Cheers

Annie

Drunkmonkey

Re:

Postby Drunkmonkey » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:56 am

laager wrote:
The police officers who are marshaling on the course will be able to judge if you have broken the law, and they have handed out fines in the past.

laager

Postby laager » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:57 pm

ryan

Re:

Postby ryan » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:52 pm

laager wrote:No, they cannot judge this. They can issue an infringement notice alleging you have broken the law only. It is not until the matter is finalised that it can be determined you broke the law.

The current rule implies that an allegation (only an allegation) is sufficient for disqualification and future banning. That is quite extraordinary.
Less semantics, more cycling.

Looks like a good event and it is a nice route, but it lacks a drawcard like like Bris to GC (busway) and Coot-tha Challenge (tunnel and timed climb). I don't feel there is much value for money in this one unfortunately. Yes, I know it's a charity ride but I prefer donate through my workplace; my employer matches my monthly donation dollar-for-dollar, I get a tax break and I know 100% of funds go to the charity.

Drunkmonkey

Re:

Postby Drunkmonkey » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:04 pm

laager wrote:
Drunkmonkey wrote:The police officers who are marshaling on the course will be able to judge if you have broken the law....
No, they cannot judge this. They can issue an infringement notice alleging you have broken the law only. It is not until the matter is finalised that it can be determined you broke the law.

The current rule implies that an allegation (only an allegation) is sufficient for disqualification and future banning. That is quite extraordinary.
Its a charity ride - dont enter if you have a problem, simple really.

Start a new thread if you want to carry on about this.

dodge

Re:

Postby dodge » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:10 pm

laager wrote:
dodge wrote:Its a fair request..Behave on the ride or be asked to leave..Its not hard...
Yes, it is a fair request. However, you have completely missed the point. :roll:
Is that because you don't have one ..Other than to whinge about T&C's...Like has been mentioned..If you don't agree with the terms then don't enter.

:lol: <------------------------ Don't confuse that with laughing with you ... :wink:

Drunkmonkey

Re: Re:

Postby Drunkmonkey » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:10 pm

ryan wrote:
laager wrote:No, they cannot judge this. They can issue an infringement notice alleging you have broken the law only. It is not until the matter is finalised that it can be determined you broke the law.

Less semantics, more cycling.

Looks like a good event and it is a nice route, but it lacks a drawcard like like Bris to GC (busway) and Coot-tha Challenge (tunnel and timed climb). I don't feel there is much value for money in this one unfortunately. Yes, I know it's a charity ride but I prefer donate through my workplace; my employer matches my monthly donation dollar-for-dollar, I get a tax break and I know 100% of funds go to the charity.
The tunnel was not a drawcard for me doing the Coot-tha challenge, it was actually the reason I decided not to do the ride.

This course should be faster/easier than the Brissie to GC ride, that is a big drawcard for me. And there will be a lot less riders than the Brissie to GC ride, and you finish the ride at the start point - which makes transport to and from the event easier.

goneriding

Postby goneriding » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:13 pm

I did this ride a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. The nice thing about it was that the numbers were lower than the more established rides so it was easier to get away at the start. I managed to get in a group following the pace/marshaling(?) car which made for a very quick ride.

I recall the course being a bit bumpier than the GC ride (assuming the same course) especially once you start on the return leg.

I'd suggest that the 100 km option will bring quite a few more people out of the woodwork.

Drunkmonkey

Postby Drunkmonkey » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:17 pm

goneriding wrote:I did this ride a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. The nice thing about it was that the numbers were lower than the more established rides so it was easier to get away at the start. I managed to get in a group following the pace/marshaling(?) car which made for a very quick ride.

I recall the course being a bit bumpier than the GC ride (assuming the same course) especially once you start on the return leg.

I'd suggest that the 100 km option will bring quite a few more people out of the woodwork.
If you get some good luck with the traffic lights it makes the return leg easier, getting enough downhill speed to make the climbs a breeze. I had the worst luck possible last year :twisted:

The 100k should get a lot more people entering.

laager

Postby laager » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:08 pm

Last edited by laager on Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drunkmonkey

Re:

Postby Drunkmonkey » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:50 pm

laager wrote:
dodge wrote:Is that because you don't have one ..
Actually, I do, and it's clearly spelled out for people with a modicum of comprehension of English.
Drunkmonkey wrote:Start a new thread if you want to carry on about this.
I'm so terribly sorry to have polluted your thread with facts related to the rules of entry to the event which is the subject of your original post. :roll:
You should write a letter of complaint to the courier mail if they ban you from future events.

Apple

Re:

Postby Apple » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:08 pm

laager wrote:
Who looks at rules and says, Damn I really want to ride like a dufus but they will fine Me. , Most riders should be well behaved, enjoy the ride. I worry about charity rides when riders are looking for rules that say, ride like a maniac because we don't care.

The ride organisers are trying to make this a safe ride for all; otherwise we get hoons on bikes who think its open slather to do what they wish

Back to the point, looks like fun. :P
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:40 pm

The super cheap prices are open until the 15th of April. Last years MS ride was my first mass participation ride, I only did the 25k version but thinking of going all the way with the 100 for this year :)

Just got to convince my riding buddy that she's up for it :wink:
Lisa

russellgarrard

Postby russellgarrard » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:23 pm

Ignore this post...I forgot how highly skilled I am, nevermind :P Was a bicycle rental question but I think I just answered it
Last edited by russellgarrard on Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Apple

Postby Apple » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:17 pm

marinmomma wrote:The super cheap prices are open until the 15th of April. Last years MS ride was my first mass participation ride, I only did the 25k version but thinking of going all the way with the 100 for this year :)

Just got to convince my riding buddy that she's up for it :wink:
Go for it, has your friend been riding like you? if not I will come over and ride that with you. :wink:
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!

notwal

Re:

Postby notwal » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:22 pm

laager wrote:

As a point of pedantry, it seems to me the marshals will make a judgement about whether you have broken a law but they will not be visiting condign punishment on you, nor will they be charging you with a breach of the law. They will, I assume, just take your behaviour as something they don't want to see on their rides so they will exclude you. It seems all above board and hunky dory to me. However if a policeman spots you breaking the law the normal forensic processes would ensue as is to be expected.

What's the problem with that?
judged, insulted, gone

laager

Postby laager » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:31 am

Last edited by laager on Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.