Black Balled!?

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
WhoRoo

Black Balled!?

Postby WhoRoo » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:38 pm

Got your attention?

I've trawled through TLL's 'Nuts....' and the saddle issues but to no avail.

Past two weeks I've done a couple of MTB events ......James Willo and Capital Punishment, all good fun and fitness for a 60+. I returned home nursing a few bruises and sprains from a 180 over the bar tumble :oops: on Saturday's CapP and a [not unusual] mild chafeing sensation in the crutch.

On Sunday I made a closer casual inspection of the latter to discover, with some alarm, my scrotum was almost completely bruise black! I have two distinct commencing [impact?] points on the perineum immediately below on the lower left of my shaft where the scrotum commences. The blood/bruise appears to have then leaked down through my scrotum sac of which 2/3rds is very dark blood black.

I have had no sensation of getting a whack in the cods in the fall (these moments bring a tear to the eye and are remembered with clarity :shock:) and no pain of any description. My only other possible explanation, and I am leaning a bit more towards this theory, is from a whack up the backside from a couple of sharp drop gullys early on in the race (Majura Pines). It's just poor technique on my part but on occasions my body is going down just as my bike saddle comes up on the exit out of the gully.... nothing particularly painful but it can be a good thud up the bum :oops:

Has anyone had a similar experience or can offer another explanation? [gurls can pass on this one]

I'm due for an annual checkup (AT) the GP next week and I'll run it past him but my guess is there is a lot more bike/health knowledge on here that my GP is going to see in a few seasons.

Comedian

Black Balled!?

Postby Comedian » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:06 pm

WhoRoo wrote: On Sunday I made a closer casual inspection of the latter to discover, with some alarm, my scrotum was almost completely bruise black! I have two distinct commencing [impact?] points on the perineum immediately below on the lower left of my shaft where the scrotum commences.
Are they salty? :shock:

I can't believe you didn't notice the boys were in a fight :oops:

rustychisel

Re: Black Balled!?

Postby rustychisel » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:23 pm

this is codswallop, surely?

New black knicks worn before rinsing?

Get thee to a doctor

WhoRoo

Postby WhoRoo » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:25 pm

rustychisel wrote:this is codswallop, surely?

New black knicks worn before rinsing?

Get thee to a doctor
Nice one Rusty! It was my immediate reaction as well but quickly realised I have a red pad in my knicks. I'll get to the doctor...... well before I call on your tools of trade. :wink:

gingermikey

Postby gingermikey » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:16 pm

Bruising makes sense... but still get to GP.

When I had an inguinal hernia repair done a few years back. the swelling and bruising dropped into my scrotum, which freaked me out. But it was simply where it drained to, so not a big deal.

Damn doctor didn't warn me! :twisted:

Nate

Postby Nate » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:08 am

Your wife isn't a coal miner is she?

scotto

Postby scotto » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:08 pm

gingermikey wrote:. the swelling and bruising dropped into my scrotum, which freaked me out. But it was simply where it drained to, so not a big deal.
correct, i've seen swellings so big that soccer ball size is about the right comparison ! (that could sound wrong...!)

still, all that bleeding came from somewhere. in lieu of ongoing issues, maybe a dual suspension MTB is in order !!
still, theres plenty of room for more jokes in this thread, now the serious bits done with...

once youve tried black....

WhoRoo

Postby WhoRoo » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:18 pm

scotto wrote: still, theres plenty of room for more jokes in this thread, now the serious bits done with...

once youve tried black....
Scotto, there is only enough room on this thread for one tool! ..... me/mine! Rustychisel can at least be excused, he's had past form.

Nate, I'll talk to you later when I've recovered. Bit interested in some of your products? [www.rigidmount.com/]

notwal

Postby notwal » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:21 pm

I had a prang 3 weeks ago - hit from the side. I got a whopper of a lump right near my sit bone with a large bruise to my inner thigh and my scrotum was much as you describe like a black tribal tat.
I too was surprised because my nads were not at all bothered. Anyway its all pink and wrinkly again, not better but normal.
judged, insulted, gone

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:37 pm

^^ :shock: ^^ :lol:
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km