HTFU Thursday

aeroslave

Re: HTFU Thursday

Postby aeroslave » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:11 pm

Nice going Sandy!
http://veloviewer is broken/SigImage.php?a=33 ... ij&z=a.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

eon

Postby eon » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:47 pm

NotFlyingScot wrote:At last back on the road for a HTFU Thursday. 160 km down to Camden and home bit different from usual Blue Mts outings however got to say that The Gt. Northern Rd is an excellent cycle route. Highly recommended. Smooth, nice wide hard shoulder to keep you well away from the traffic. Good to catch up with the bmxbandito for the first time in a few months.
NFS
nice work Sandy.. :D
You do as much kms on one ride as i do in 3 or so rides in a week.

One of these days, I'll need to take a day off and attempt my first 200km ride. :|

aeroslave

Postby aeroslave » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:18 am

I would like to join this htfu Thursday ...where do you guys meet?
http://veloviewer is broken/SigImage.php?a=33 ... ij&z=a.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NotFlyingScot

Postby NotFlyingScot » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:27 pm

It's back for 2011, well sort of. Had intended to do maybe three climbs in the lower Blue Mts this morning however early on in the ride could tell the feeble body had not yet fully recovered from Tuesday's exertions. The last few hundred meters of Bowen Mt were as hard as ever I have felt them and that horrible dead road to the bottom of the Hawkesbury Rd climb was awful Came back down Mitchell Pass and foolishly pointed the bike towards the start of OBR before common sense prevailed when I considered the road works, my sore legs and the fact I was still 40 ks from home! Some other day.
NFS
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/63183417
FPR Jubilado Bludger

Spiza

Postby Spiza » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:08 pm

Haven't they built a bike lane up Old Bathurst Rd yet :x

NotFlyingScot

Postby NotFlyingScot » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:44 pm

Spiza wrote:Haven't they built a bike lane up Old Bathurst Rd yet :x
fair chance there could be one before the M7C gets finished. :roll: gotta love those GPS stats. max speed 221kph! I knew I as moving coming down off Bowen Mt, no wonder I had to put the bike in fora hub rebuild today :lol:
FPR Jubilado Bludger

Spiza

Postby Spiza » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:41 pm

NotFlyingScot wrote:...gotta love those GPS stats. max speed 221kph! I knew I as moving coming down off Bowen Mt, no wonder I had to put the bike in fora hub rebuild today :lol:

NotFlyingScot

Postby NotFlyingScot » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:21 am

A day out this week but at my age I tend to get the days confused anyway :roll: Bit more detail on the Jenolan Caves HTFUathon post.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/69985367
FPR Jubilado Bludger

mrleisure

Postby mrleisure » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:00 pm

I did the NFS ride from the 13th today , Bowen Mountain and Hawkesbury Rd . I wasn't sure which way you went at the top of Bowen Mountain Rd so I went up that and then came back down to Wattle St and rode up that also , a bit slippery up the top of Wattle St as it had just rained , hard to get grip :) . Almost the same stats as I live in Seven Hills , I tried to stick to the same route .

Off my basic comp with no GPS

Time: 5hrs 33mins

Distance: 147.9 klm

Average Speed 26.6 klm/h

I know it's not Thursday but do I get a HTFU wrist band :lol:

The new road surface from Richmond to Nth Richmond is a big improvement :) 8)

NotFlyingScot

Postby NotFlyingScot » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:47 pm

Good one mrleisure. That's a nice morning out with an adequate sufficiency of HTFU! If you feel like doing the full monty so to speak, get out early and try this one.

" up Lapstone, down Mitchell Pass, up Old Bathurst, down Mitchell Pass, along Castlereagh Rd to N. Richmond and up Bowen Mountain, back down to Bells Line of Rd and up Bellbird Hill to Kurrajong Heights(?) and down again. Along to Agnes Banks, up the Hawkesbury Lookout Rd to Winmalee/Springwood, down the highway, Mitchell Pass (again!), and home."

Sadly have not seen a HTFU band since the sandman took himself off to The Alice. Mine broke a long time ago!
FPR Jubilado Bludger

mrleisure

Postby mrleisure » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:37 am

NotFlyingScot wrote:" up Lapstone, down Mitchell Pass, up Old Bathurst, down Mitchell Pass, along Castlereagh Rd to N. Richmond and up Bowen Mountain, back down to Bells Line of Rd and up Bellbird Hill to Kurrajong Heights(?) and down again. Along to Agnes Banks, up the Hawkesbury Lookout Rd to Winmalee/Springwood, down the highway, Mitchell Pass (again!), and home."
:shock: :shock: That's some serious HTFU , all those climbs , I don't think my legs could handle it all in one day :roll: but I'll be thinking about it now :mrgreen:

mrleisure

Postby mrleisure » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:08 pm

I went out to Bowen Mountain today and up to the top via Wattle St then back down to Grose Vale Rd and across to Bells Line then up to Kurrajong Heights and up Warks Hill Rd to the dead end at the top then back down to Old Bells Line and across to Grose Vale Rd then back up to the top of Bowen Mountain again via Wattle St then back down and home to Seven Hills via Windsor Rd :) Stiil not as much as the Full Montey NFS , will give it a go sometime though if I can get out the door early enough :wink: . And it's bloody Tuesday as well :mrgreen: Warks Hill Rd was a good one :)

NotFlyingScot

Postby NotFlyingScot » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:54 pm

You're a beast mrleisure :) Warks Hill Rd sounds interesting. Must check it out next time I'm up that way. Give me a hoy next time you're headed for the hills, I might be able to join you.
FPR Jubilado Bludger

sli123

Postby sli123 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:34 pm

You guys are nuts :shock: Can I join in :D
Any chance you guys might be interested in doing something similar to that on a Sunday morning as a group ride?

NotFlyingScot

Postby NotFlyingScot » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:53 pm

Sunday mornings usually see me at Waratah race meetings unfortunately. Tuesdays and Thursdays tend to be my days for the hills when I can get out.
FPR Jubilado Bludger

NotFlyingScot

Postby NotFlyingScot » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:49 pm

Planning to roll out the F4 to Blue Mts tomorrow morning if anyone interested in joining. Leave Sunnyholt Rd M7 Cycleway access 06.45. Start up Lapo and see how many more hills feel like doing. Should be a full day out.
FPR Jubilado Bludger

sli123

Postby sli123 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:03 pm

Hope you have good weather. Would join you if I could, but I'm off to Canberra for the day :(

Spiza

Postby Spiza » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:23 pm

I'd join you too but some of us have to work :P Enjoy :D

aeroslave

Postby aeroslave » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:07 am

Spiza wrote:I'd join you too but some of us have to work :P Enjoy :D

+1

NotFlyingScot

Postby NotFlyingScot » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:36 pm

I do feel sorry for you workers! What a fine days climbing you missed out on. Perfect cool cloud cover weather, not too much breeze. Finished up doing a variation on the "Cinq Cols de Bleu" as labeled by KillerHeadWind when he did it last year. Took the opportunity to ride up Mitchells Pass while it is closed to cars so added a "sixth" col to Anthony's five!
Route was M7/F4 then up Old Bathurst Rd, down Mitchell Pass, up Lapstone, down Mitchells Pass, up Mitchells Pass to Springwood, down across to Richmond via Winmalee, up Bowen Mt Rd, across to Kurrajong, up Bellbird Hill to Kurrajong Heights plus the Wattle Hill Rd (?) extension as recommended by "mrleasure". (anyone who elects to add that climb on top of Bellbird Hill and invites others to do likewise is obviously a person of sado-masochistic tendencies :P ), back down to Richmond, across to Agnes Banks and up Hawkesbury Lookout to Springwood and home via F4/M7. All up 221 km and 3798 metres climbing according to Mr Garmin. To be honest it felt a harder day out than our Three Peaks effort earlier in the month but that might have been more psychological, riding on ones own rather than with a group. I'm sure I missed Rainer's encouraging words about old age pensioners and the like! Mind you I did see a lot of 16% plus over the course of the day and that can be rather taxing on the old legs!
Took the liberty of calling it my "Six Cols de Bleu"!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/76285337
FPR Jubilado Bludger

sli123

Postby sli123 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:03 pm

NotFlyingScot wrote:All up 221 km and 3798 metres climbing according to Mr Garmin.
:shock: :shock: :shock: (add in a Graham Kennedy crow noise too!)

Spiza

Postby Spiza » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:31 pm

You missed Razorback!

Spiza

Postby Spiza » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:32 pm

:wink:
Epic HTFU Thursday. Well done NFS :D

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:36 pm