Popular Bike Shops
Join the Cycling Forums on Strava
Australian Cycling Forums on Strava
Latest Reviews and Articles
Will your next bike be Intelligent? ABS and Smart Bike Tech
Vitus Vitesse EVO Disc Review – Speed Machine indeed!
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:18 pm
- Mulger bill
- Super Mod
- Posts: 29011
- Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:41 pm
- Location: Sunbury Vic
Is the rubber showing signs of perishing?
Have they gone out of shape from sitting in the shed?
London Boy 29/12/2011
- Posts: 15451
- Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:49 pm
- Location: Somewhere with padded walls and really big hills!
I know that some old boy mechanics in belgium store singles in their cellars for a couple of years before fitting them to track bikes...must have sme merit.
- Posts: 7334
- Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:51 am
- Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears
- Posts: 1300
- Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:35 pm
- Location: Southern Tablelands N.S.W.
What kills tyres in storage is heat & direct sunlight.
Now that's AUSTRALIAN to the core.
- Posts: 358
- Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:37 pm
- Location: Woolgoolga
It'd been sitting in someone shed not used
The tyers looked great [like new]...
I rode it hard...
by day 2 the front one went [with a boom]
day 4 out went the other one....
New tyers and it's still a great bike
- Posts: 979
- Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:25 pm
- Location: Riding a real steel bike - somewhere!
- Posts: 3491
- Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:39 pm
- Posts: 2880
- Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:43 pm
- Location: Katoomba, NSW
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General Cycling Discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Malvern Star
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.