Cell Victor Vs Giant TCR composite 1 vs Scott CR1 Elite

scottspeedsters4

Cell Victor Vs Giant TCR composite 1 vs Scott CR1 Elite

Postby scottspeedsters4 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:55 am

Hi all
I'm a keen amature and sometime commuter living in Perth, I have ridden up to 100km events before and looking to work back to that sort of riding, so I'm planning to upgrade my Scott Speedster S4 (about 6 years old) I'd like to know how people rate Cell bikes vs Giant and Scott the specs seem similar to me, but the rims on these bikes vary quite a bit not to mention that the scott has Sram kit on. Is this better than Shimano? is it worth the money?

Safe riding all

Joseph

waynohh

Re: Cell Victor Vs Giant TCR composite 1 vs Scott CR1 Elite

Postby waynohh » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:09 am

Those 3 bikes are all completely different. If you figure out what you actually want first, you can easily start to narrow your search greatly.

Cell is your cheap option.
TCR composite frame is a cheaper and heavier version of the advanced frame with heavy wheels (same weight as $150 set of R500's) and the most aggressive geometry of the 3.
CR1 would be the lightest, most compliant one with the best wheels and more relaxed geometry and would end up being the fastest. You'd probably struggle to get it at a decent price at this time of year, but you're paying for more engineering in the frame and about $400 better / 350g less wheels.

$2729
http://www.bumsonbikes.com.au/bikes/sco ... r-957.html

scottspeedsters4

Postby scottspeedsters4 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:57 pm

Hi Waynohh

Thanks for the pointers, as you can see I've not bought a bike for years, those all looked similar to me, they're all a fair amount of money and I'd expect whatever I buy to last up to 10 years (as I said I'm an amateur rider, wanting to move into slightly more active cycling), I'm sure there are heaps of threads about what to look for, so I'll go digging and see what I can come up with

Thanks again

waynohh

Postby waynohh » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:20 am

Well just figure out exactly what you want, then wait till about august if you can when shops start discounting this years models.