Re: Where do you keep your bike?

Postby Mustang » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:33 am

My bike shed
Distance Goal 4000km
70 years young.

sogood

Postby sogood » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:38 am

2 hanging by the front wheel and 1 hanging by the top tube in the garage. The one that's ridden regularly is kept in the entrance hall for convenience.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

Peacewise

Postby Peacewise » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:51 am

I keep mine in the lounge room. We aint got a shed worthy of my Orbea and it's convenient to go out the front door from the lounge. Also it's motivating to be able to see my bike from the couch, makes me tend to get up and out of the couch.

I'll consider upgrading the bike's spot to the couch!
Keep flexing, spinning, rolling, coasting, pushing, pulling, drafting, sprinting, time trialling, touring, climbing, descending, hot dogging, crit-ing, racing, weaving, dodging, dropping, tanking, chasing... but most of all - just keep f'ing riding!

backslashio

Postby backslashio » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:04 am

Peacewise wrote: I'll consider upgrading the bike's spot to the couch!
Sitting on the bike whilst watching the tv? Won't that be uncomfortable? :P
My boss said it was brought at a directors meeting,he denied he knew who it was.The cleaners also keep it quiet for me.Six years on I still sneak it in.
Tbh I think all work places should have bike storage. Its a nuisance that people are trying to stop other people from exercising & saving the environment

surfin' addiction

Postby surfin' addiction » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:54 am

im_no_pro wrote:hers is on the trainer in the study (collecting dust :roll:)
My girlfriends is on the trainer in the loungeroom. Apparently being able to see it when she watches TV makes her feel guilty, but still doesn't make her ride it any more :s Although I must say she's been out on it more lately than usual.

Mine are kept in the 'boys room' which is our spare bedroom along with 3 surfboards, 2 snowboards, 3 guitars, computer etc etc etc.

We have a two car lock up garage, but the boat and kayaks are out there. Plus its too hard to unlock/lock the garage and front gate every morning to get the bike out. When they're in the house it's just straight out the front door.
-Josh-

Whips: Merida Racelite 905, Apollo Record Track, Norco Sasquatch.

pudogg

Postby pudogg » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:36 pm

in the lounge room ... like a piano in some houses, it's a centrepiece :D

MikeyD360

Postby MikeyD360 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:43 pm

my bike sits in the hallway near the front door. Its the easiest place to leave it on the way in the house, and the quickest place to grab it on the way out.

For the first few weeks my wife bumped into it a few times, but now it's blended in like a vase full of flowers or some ridiculous girly crap that might otherwise be there if the house was run by a woman.
2012 Fuji SST1.0 stealth (full Ultegra)
2010 Merida TFS400D Hybrid

shiftie

Postby shiftie » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:21 pm

Gotta tell you guys I am very excited to see I am not the only one that feels this way about my bike!

Mine were always kept in the loungeroom of the queenslander we owned. Once a nearly slipped and fell down the 15 odd stairs carrying her out and rethought the whole up and down the stairs, as I couldn't bare the thought of falling and her getting hurt. So I enclosed a section under the house, carpeted, painted it and put a secure door on it and she lived down there. Now we have moved to a new town home and she has a room all to herself downstairs along with her new friends, my other 2 bikes and my partners 2 bikes. *bliss*

Becker_11

Where do you keep your bike?

Postby Becker_11 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:42 pm

Good to see I'm as normal as the next cyclist! My Greenspeed lives it the lounge room. I like to know it's secure if I've gone out without it.
Regards
Nathaniel

A great adventure starts with a single step

jet-ski

Postby jet-ski » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:49 pm

And the Greenspeed could double as a couch!
Bike Friday New World Tourist, Schwinn Le Tour Sport, Giant TCR, Giant STP2, 9:zero:7 fattie

Fresh

Postby Fresh » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:51 pm

Live alone and bike sleeps in second bedroom. When people crash over, they need permission from the bike to share her room.

Xponti

Postby Xponti » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:52 pm

Garage for me and my wife's bikes. Controller door so just press the button as I walk up, get the bike from the wall mount and press the button as I ride away. Also means that when I clean/work/fix/tinker on it, I am not making a mess in the house.
There is no peace only Passion (for cycling), through Passion I gain Strength (in my legs), through Strength I gain Power (watts), through Power I gain Victory!

2007 Giant OCR1
Malvern Star Pinnacle MTB

Becker_11

Postby Becker_11 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:01 pm

jet-ski wrote:And the Greenspeed could double as a couch!
When I have too many people over it does. But only for me no one else has such privileges :-)
Regards
Nathaniel

Lizzy

Postby Lizzy » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:01 pm

Fresh wrote:Live alone and bike sleeps in second bedroom. When people crash over, they need permission from the bike to share her room.
:lol: Snap! Have to back around a few tight corners to get in and out so decided to accept tyre-marks as an intrinsic feature of my interior decor. My ancient rusty mountain bike, dog rest its soul, lived in the garage, but when my current steed came into my life I realised it was probably worth more than the car I was driving at that point (it's all relative) - so it got the run of the house!
“Lexa”: 2012 Trek Lexa S; "Hannelore": 2019 Kalkhoff, "Teal Cecile" Reid traino shuttle

ICU812

Postby ICU812 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:50 am

I keep mine next to the kitchen on the trainer. My other half has never worried about it. All the other bikes live in the cubby house (my children have outgrown the cubby house and it is BIG - fits 5
bikes)

uncle arthur

Postby uncle arthur » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:59 am

Mine both hang on hooks by their front wheels against the wall in my study.
What is it with cycling? 30+ kmh and lycra???!!!

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:28 pm

I live in a large 4 bedroom house by myself. I have room for 40 - 50 bikes without having park them in rooms used for other purposes 8)
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

Becker_11

Postby Becker_11 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:34 pm

pudogg wrote:in the lounge room ... like a piano in some houses, it's a centrepiece :D
I wonder if that could be used as persuasion when it comes time to buy a new bike. "Honey I know I don't NEED such an expensive bike but it will be kept in the lounge room and everyone will see it when they come over. You don't want them to see a cheap bike, do you?" :D
Regards
Nathaniel

ZepinAtor

Postby ZepinAtor » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:20 pm

One bedroom has several bikes, parked on floor stands, the office is now a bike mechanical room, lounge room has a commuter bike against the wall, dinning room has a commuter bike against the wall, the gym has 3 "special" vintage bikes hanging up close to the ceiling, + 2 others on floor stands in a wide walkway. There are 3 old bikes in the garden, cogs cut into the coffee table & an MTB disc rotor towel dispenser in the kitchen.

I guess you could say we like bikes.

Garages are for cars, tools & lawn mowers.
Gas propulsion.......it's natural don't fight it.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:40 pm

ZepinAtor wrote:One bedroom has several bikes, parked on floor stands, the office is now a bike mechanical room, lounge room has a commuter bike against the wall, dinning room has a commuter bike against the wall, the gym has 3 "special" vintage bikes hanging up close to the ceiling, + 2 others on floor stands in a wide walkway. There are 3 old bikes in the garden, cogs cut into the coffee table & an MTB disc rotor towel dispenser in the kitchen.

I guess you could say we like bikes.

Garages are for cars, tools & lawn mowers.
Sounds like a serious case of n+1

The only cure is r-1

ZepinAtor

Postby ZepinAtor » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:44 pm

r-1-----------?
Gas propulsion.......it's natural don't fight it.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sun May 01, 2011 10:06 pm

ZepinAtor wrote:r-1-----------?
http://www.velominati.com/blog/the-rules/
Rule #12, except they are using s-1, but its the same as r-1

elStado

Postby elStado » Sun May 01, 2011 10:22 pm

I have two bikes is a small lean-to shed on the side of the house. I couldn't really fit both next to each other so I put in a mounting to hang my fixie on the wall.

Works well. I've also got a couple of surfboards and a esky in there so it gets a little cramped.

Looks big in the pic, but it's only about 2.5m wide and maybe 1.2m long. Two bikes and all the other gear is pushing it.

I wouldn't leave my bikes inside unless I had no other place for them (i.e. a clean, accessible shed) and even then I would have them out of the way somewhere.
Check out my practical cycling and cycle touring website: VELOPHILE AUSTRALIA

bella26

Postby bella26 » Mon May 02, 2011 8:29 am

Of course the bikes live with us inside the house. We do have a storage cage which when we first rented the place was earmarked as the place our bikes would live but pfffftttt....they look better in the living room :-D
2014 Bianchi Infinito CV 2012 Wilier Gran Turismo 2012 Specialized Epic FSR Comp 29er

nescius

Postby nescius » Mon May 02, 2011 9:30 am

My mountain bike lives in the garage because it is usually a bit on the dirty side, and my road bike lives in my bedroom :D
Scott Spark 900 RC | Yeti Arc | Yeti SB130 | Trek Madone 4.5 | Look 695 SR ipack