- Posts: 13
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:18 pm
- Mulger bill
- Super Mod
- Posts: 28527
- Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:41 pm
- Location: Sunbury Vic
Is the rubber showing signs of perishing?
Have they gone out of shape from sitting in the shed?
London Boy 29/12/2011
- Posts: 15451
- Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:49 pm
- Location: Somewhere with padded walls and really big hills!
I know that some old boy mechanics in belgium store singles in their cellars for a couple of years before fitting them to track bikes...must have sme merit.
- Posts: 7333
- Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:51 am
- Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears
- Posts: 1297
- Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:35 pm
- Location: Southern Highlands N.S.W.
What kills tyres in storage is heat & direct sunlight.
Now that's AUSTRALIAN to the core.
- Posts: 358
- Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:37 pm
- Location: Woolgoolga
It'd been sitting in someone shed not used
The tyers looked great [like new]...
I rode it hard...
by day 2 the front one went [with a boom]
day 4 out went the other one....
New tyers and it's still a great bike
- Posts: 973
- Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:25 pm
- Location: Riding a real steel bike - somewhere!
- Posts: 3473
- Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:39 pm
- Posts: 2880
- Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:43 pm
- Location: Katoomba, NSW
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Cell Bikes
- Malvern Star
- Santa Cruz
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.