Thousands of cyclists breaking road rules in Queensland

leighthebee

Re: Thousands of cyclists breaking road rules in Queensland

Postby leighthebee » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:57 pm

Nick - Pie Man wrote:I know it's been a long time since you went for your drivers license - if in fact you hold one at all - but the fact is much of this road rules stuff is not taught to kiddies, and that which is gets forgotten quickly.

Drivers are not taught how to drive safely around cyclists and they certainly aren't taught the road rules. The most they'll ever get is 'the road is there to share' gee thanks thats a big help.

Maybe you should look at the source of the problem instead of blaming ignorant bogans.
Is this at me? If so I am being fairly tongue in cheek. We all here know what the problems are, and "the cyclist" is WAY down the list :wink:

If we ride a bike on the road in any form we instantly become enlightened. I know I was....

The Womble

Postby The Womble » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:09 pm

leighthebee wrote:Sarah of Alexandra Hills Posted at 8:48 AM April 13, 2011
Just this morning I was travelling along old cleveland road, greenslopes and had to hold back behind a cyclist because he decided to get infront where they had cornered off the cycle lane for construction and then when I could get past him he was still basically in my lane and I had to get in the right lane to get past him, then I had to brake because of lights and he scoots right behind me to the back of my car. The fact that I am a p plater and it sometimes makes it harder to judge when driving with cyclists doesnt help, especially when I'm the one trying to obey road rules and can't because people like them can't follow road rules

Sarah, you've made my head hurt. From what I could understand, your licensing assessor thought you were cute..... :(
lmao good call

Waza

Postby Waza » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:34 am

really it just goes to show that a majority of motorist dont actually know the road rules. thinking the road is for cars only.
a lot of people need to know the law before mouthing off.

my 2c
2011 Giant Defy 2
2011 EMC Equip 1.7
+ Girl friends EMC 2.2FEM

m@

Postby m@ » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:46 am

So what would the equivalent title for motorists caught speeding, running red lights, drink driving, on the phone etc? "Tens of thousands of motorists breaking road rules in Qld"? Hundreds of thousands?

Probably wouldn't sell many papers though... :|
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe

nitramluap

Postby nitramluap » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:00 pm

m@ wrote:So what would the equivalent title for motorists caught speeding, running red lights, drink driving, on the phone etc? "Tens of thousands of motorists breaking road rules in Qld"? Hundreds of thousands?

Probably wouldn't sell many papers though... :|
Here are some interesting figures...
My bike is heavier than your bike. :D

The Womble

Postby The Womble » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:05 pm

That doesnt nehate the fact that cyclists in Queensland are an unappologetic murderous thieving violent police bashing roadkill molesting bunch of home wrecking lowlifes. Apparently

nitramluap

Postby nitramluap » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:26 pm

The Womble wrote:That doesnt nehate the fact that cyclists in Queensland are an unappologetic murderous thieving violent police bashing roadkill molesting bunch of home wrecking lowlifes. Apparently
Don't forget they're all freeloaders - those roads are paid for by the motorists! :D
My bike is heavier than your bike. :D