Qld weather venting posts

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby trickle » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:45 am

I've resorted to drastic measures...used the mag trainer. Cold drizzle on the Northside, was like that at 0400 when I got up to head out. Better clear up this arvo!!!
trickle
 

by BNA » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:14 am

BNA
 

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby leighthebee » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:14 am

after an afternoon and following morning spent cleaning bikes, didn't have any motivation to go through it all again yesterday.... :roll:

next weekend also seems pretty bleak....
User avatar
leighthebee
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby lethoso » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:09 am

I went for a short ride this morning, it was pretty miserable.
Image
lethoso
 
Posts: 1565
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:56 pm
Location: brisbane, 4101

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby marinmomma » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:02 pm

Mustang wrote: Raining here today...again...Iv'e decided its just no fun setting off in the rain..getting caught..now thats different. (no ks for 3 days) :( :( :(


Me too, I'm sick of cleaning the bike as well...got to do it again tonight as we got caught out with wet roads yesterday afternoon!

Cleaning the bike tonight in hope of it being fine at 5am :roll:
Lisa
marinmomma
 
Posts: 1986
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:12 pm
Location: Southside Brisbane

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby Le Velo » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:15 pm

I managed to squeeze a river loop late this afternoon but got caught in the light shower on the way back and got a flat to top it all .... now for cleaning the bike again ..... that's twice in the rain since sunday
Image
User avatar
Le Velo
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:59 pm

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby Mustang » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:30 am

marinmomma wrote:
Mustang wrote: Raining here today...again...Iv'e decided its just no fun setting off in the rain..getting caught..now thats different. (no ks for 3 days) :( :( :(


Me too, I'm sick of cleaning the bike as well...got to do it again tonight as we got caught out with wet roads yesterday afternoon!

Cleaning the bike tonight in hope of it being fine at 5am :roll:

Well its the indoor trainer today or "rust" :( :( :(
Image
User avatar
Mustang
 
Posts: 1360
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:20 am
Location: Little Mountain Q

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby Comedian » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:59 am

If this keeps up I might as well move to MEL :shock: :mrgreen:
Once you can climb hills on a bike it's all downhill. :mrgreen:

Hopefully I'll know what that's like..... one day. :shock: :lol:

Image
User avatar
Comedian
 
Posts: 4401
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby marinmomma » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:25 pm

Comedian wrote:If this keeps up I might as well move to MEL :shock: :mrgreen:



Noooo, it's not THAT bad is it??

We're nearly at the end of it....by next month the wet stuff 'should' be almost finished and our mild sunny 'winter' days will be with us once again!!!

Have you ever lived through a southern winter??? In my experience it's something to be avoided at all costs!
Lisa
marinmomma
 
Posts: 1986
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:12 pm
Location: Southside Brisbane

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby Oxford » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:45 pm

I live in Brisbane because of Melbourne's weather. I still remember the light bulb moment 23 years ago on my first holiday to Brisbane, standing in the rain on a hot summers night downing a beer and not being cold. I couldn't even imagine moving back now.
Life is not about waiting for the rain to pass.....it's about learning to dance (or ride) in the rain.
- anonymous
User avatar
Oxford
 
Posts: 4719
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:49 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby Comedian » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:48 pm

Oxford wrote:I live in Brisbane because of Melbourne's weather. I still remember the light bulb moment 23 years ago on my first holiday to Brisbane, standing in the rain on a hot summers night downing a beer and not being cold. I couldn't even imagine moving back now.

I thought there was something a little odd about you... couldn't quite put my finger on it but it makes sense now. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Once you can climb hills on a bike it's all downhill. :mrgreen:

Hopefully I'll know what that's like..... one day. :shock: :lol:

Image
User avatar
Comedian
 
Posts: 4401
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby duds2u » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:07 pm

There I was this morning, up at 5am, clear skies, don the MAMIL suit and walk out to the garage.
Open the garage door an take the bike down off the rack, I hear the rain coming in the trees. Put the bike back on the rack and go back into the house and look at the radar. Great, only a passing shower, I'll wait it out and go later.
I went 15 minutes later and got 5k down the road and got drowned. Stuff it, I'll do 30k anyway. I'm a big boy I can clean the bike again.
Another great morning on the Liquid Sunshine Coast. At least the rain is warm.

Now tomorrow, well that will be differernt. Clear skies and 60K, or at least 50k or a sleep in. I'll see in the morning.
This rain and Easter away has really stuffed my plans for the month

Edited for spelling
Image
duds2u
 
Posts: 614
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:24 pm
Location: Sunshine Coast QLD

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby Oxford » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:16 pm

Comedian wrote:
Oxford wrote:I live in Brisbane because of Melbourne's weather. I still remember the light bulb moment 23 years ago on my first holiday to Brisbane, standing in the rain on a hot summers night downing a beer and not being cold. I couldn't even imagine moving back now.

I thought there was something a little odd about you... couldn't quite put my finger on it but it makes sense now. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

you just keep your fingers to yourself. :P :lol:
Life is not about waiting for the rain to pass.....it's about learning to dance (or ride) in the rain.
- anonymous
User avatar
Oxford
 
Posts: 4719
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:49 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby marinmomma » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:09 am

fullsteamahead wrote:Bike may just stay dry this morning......see ya on the road.......... :D



The fog made for a surreal ride this morning...the very quiet roads made it even better!
56k riverloop this morning, lots of groups out today.
Lisa
marinmomma
 
Posts: 1986
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:12 pm
Location: Southside Brisbane

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby Mustang » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:30 am

Best days ride, never could imagine the roads so quiet, I'am booking next years Good Friday :) :)
Image
User avatar
Mustang
 
Posts: 1360
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:20 am
Location: Little Mountain Q

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby Comedian » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:00 am

marinmomma wrote:
fullsteamahead wrote:Bike may just stay dry this morning......see ya on the road.......... :D



The fog made for a surreal ride this morning...the very quiet roads made it even better!
56k riverloop this morning, lots of groups out today.

Oh man... I did one too and finished at the garage. The fog was heavenly and the roads were empty. It onlt cleared on the way home after coffee. :mrgreen:
Once you can climb hills on a bike it's all downhill. :mrgreen:

Hopefully I'll know what that's like..... one day. :shock: :lol:

Image
User avatar
Comedian
 
Posts: 4401
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby marinmomma » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:12 am

Comedian wrote:Oh man... I did one too and finished at the garage. The fog was heavenly and the roads were empty. It onlt cleared on the way home after coffee. :mrgreen:


I didn't think that they'd be open today, we took the shorter way home and didn't go back into Southbank because we thought that most places would be shut :x

Will have to remember that for next years Good Friday morning ride!!
Lisa
marinmomma
 
Posts: 1986
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:12 pm
Location: Southside Brisbane

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby Comedian » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:32 am

marinmomma wrote:
Comedian wrote:Oh man... I did one too and finished at the garage. The fog was heavenly and the roads were empty. It onlt cleared on the way home after coffee. :mrgreen:


I didn't think that they'd be open today, we took the shorter way home and didn't go back into Southbank because we thought that most places would be shut :x

Will have to remember that for next years Good Friday morning ride!!

Neither did my mates but as I rolled towards them I yelled "ye of little faith!". It was packed :mrgreen:
Once you can climb hills on a bike it's all downhill. :mrgreen:

Hopefully I'll know what that's like..... one day. :shock: :lol:

Image
User avatar
Comedian
 
Posts: 4401
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby marinmomma » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:40 am

Comedian wrote:
marinmomma wrote:
Comedian wrote:Oh man... I did one too and finished at the garage. The fog was heavenly and the roads were empty. It onlt cleared on the way home after coffee. :mrgreen:


I didn't think that they'd be open today, we took the shorter way home and didn't go back into Southbank because we thought that most places would be shut :x

Will have to remember that for next years Good Friday morning ride!!

Neither did my mates but as I rolled towards them I yelled "ye of little faith!". It was packed :mrgreen:



If it was packed Mr Marinmomma wouldn't have bothered to wait for a coffee :roll:
Lisa
marinmomma
 
Posts: 1986
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:12 pm
Location: Southside Brisbane

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby Comedian » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:46 am

marinmomma wrote:
Comedian wrote:
marinmomma wrote:I didn't think that they'd be open today, we took the shorter way home and didn't go back into Southbank because we thought that most places would be shut :x

Will have to remember that for next years Good Friday morning ride!!

Neither did my mates but as I rolled towards them I yelled "ye of little faith!". It was packed :mrgreen:



If it was packed Mr Marinmomma wouldn't have bothered to wait for a coffee :roll:

Oh Puhleeese! It's one of the great pleasures of cycling. Sitting at the garage .. ogling all the fancy bikes, looking at and talking to all the other cyclists. :) Unbeatable. The coffee is even pretty good. We only waited about ten minutes this morning :)
Once you can climb hills on a bike it's all downhill. :mrgreen:

Hopefully I'll know what that's like..... one day. :shock: :lol:

Image
User avatar
Comedian
 
Posts: 4401
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby marinmomma » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:04 am

Comedian wrote:Oh Puhleeese! It's one of the great pleasures of cycling. Sitting at the garage .. ogling all the fancy bikes, looking at and talking to all the other cyclists. :) Unbeatable. The coffee is even pretty good. We only waited about ten minutes this morning :)


I agree, I love going there and the coffee is good, it's just the other half gets impatient :roll:
Lisa
marinmomma
 
Posts: 1986
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:12 pm
Location: Southside Brisbane

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby Max » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:17 pm

What a magnificent day for a ride today!!! :D Thankyou, weather gods, for allowing me some time in the saddle without having to consider what to wear, or which bike I should take. Just enoying the simple pleasures of riding on a beautiful day!

Max
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy
User avatar
Max
 
Posts: 2895
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:29 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby gordy » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:44 pm

Nundah to Redcliffe and return this morning. 73k, beautiful sunshine, great company.
Dasiy Hill this afternoon. Thunderstorm as soon as we hit 5 ways, 8k and slightly freaked by the lighting.
User avatar
gordy
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:19 pm

Qld weather venting posts

Postby Max » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:07 pm

Severe weather warning for Brisbane and environs ATM. Rain, hail, flash flooding etc. Looks like southern suburbs are affected for now. Inner northern suburbs are just fine..... for now.

Mac
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy
User avatar
Max
 
Posts: 2895
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:29 pm
Location: Brisbane

PreviousNext

Return to Queensland

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU



InTouch with BNA
“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter