Qld weather venting posts

lethoso

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby lethoso » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:09 am

I went for a short ride this morning, it was pretty miserable.

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:02 pm

Mustang wrote: Raining here today...again...Iv'e decided its just no fun setting off in the rain..getting caught..now thats different. (no ks for 3 days) :( :( :(
Me too, I'm sick of cleaning the bike as well...got to do it again tonight as we got caught out with wet roads yesterday afternoon!

Cleaning the bike tonight in hope of it being fine at 5am :roll:
Lisa

Le Velo

Postby Le Velo » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:15 pm

I managed to squeeze a river loop late this afternoon but got caught in the light shower on the way back and got a flat to top it all .... now for cleaning the bike again ..... that's twice in the rain since sunday

Mustang

Postby Mustang » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:30 am

marinmomma wrote:
Mustang wrote: Raining here today...again...Iv'e decided its just no fun setting off in the rain..getting caught..now thats different. (no ks for 3 days) :( :( :(
Me too, I'm sick of cleaning the bike as well...got to do it again tonight as we got caught out with wet roads yesterday afternoon!

Cleaning the bike tonight in hope of it being fine at 5am :roll:
Well its the indoor trainer today or "rust" :( :( :(
Distance Goal 4000km
70 years young.

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:59 am

If this keeps up I might as well move to MEL :shock: :mrgreen:

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:25 pm

Comedian wrote:If this keeps up I might as well move to MEL :shock: :mrgreen:

Noooo, it's not THAT bad is it??

We're nearly at the end of it....by next month the wet stuff 'should' be almost finished and our mild sunny 'winter' days will be with us once again!!!

Have you ever lived through a southern winter??? In my experience it's something to be avoided at all costs!
Lisa

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:48 pm

Oxford wrote:I live in Brisbane because of Melbourne's weather. I still remember the light bulb moment 23 years ago on my first holiday to Brisbane, standing in the rain on a hot summers night downing a beer and not being cold. I couldn't even imagine moving back now.
I thought there was something a little odd about you... couldn't quite put my finger on it but it makes sense now. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

duds2u

Postby duds2u » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:07 pm

There I was this morning, up at 5am, clear skies, don the MAMIL suit and walk out to the garage.
Open the garage door an take the bike down off the rack, I hear the rain coming in the trees. Put the bike back on the rack and go back into the house and look at the radar. Great, only a passing shower, I'll wait it out and go later.
I went 15 minutes later and got 5k down the road and got drowned. Stuff it, I'll do 30k anyway. I'm a big boy I can clean the bike again.
Another great morning on the Liquid Sunshine Coast. At least the rain is warm.

Now tomorrow, well that will be differernt. Clear skies and 60K, or at least 50k or a sleep in. I'll see in the morning.
This rain and Easter away has really stuffed my plans for the month

Edited for spelling

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:09 am

fullsteamahead wrote:Bike may just stay dry this morning......see ya on the road.......... :D

The fog made for a surreal ride this morning...the very quiet roads made it even better!
56k riverloop this morning, lots of groups out today.
Lisa

Mustang

Postby Mustang » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:30 am

Best days ride, never could imagine the roads so quiet, I'am booking next years Good Friday :) :)
Distance Goal 4000km
70 years young.

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:00 am

marinmomma wrote:
fullsteamahead wrote:Bike may just stay dry this morning......see ya on the road.......... :D

The fog made for a surreal ride this morning...the very quiet roads made it even better!
56k riverloop this morning, lots of groups out today.
Oh man... I did one too and finished at the garage. The fog was heavenly and the roads were empty. It onlt cleared on the way home after coffee. :mrgreen:

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:12 am

Comedian wrote: Oh man... I did one too and finished at the garage. The fog was heavenly and the roads were empty. It onlt cleared on the way home after coffee. :mrgreen:
I didn't think that they'd be open today, we took the shorter way home and didn't go back into Southbank because we thought that most places would be shut :x

Will have to remember that for next years Good Friday morning ride!!
Lisa

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:32 am

marinmomma wrote:
Comedian wrote: Oh man... I did one too and finished at the garage. The fog was heavenly and the roads were empty. It onlt cleared on the way home after coffee. :mrgreen:
I didn't think that they'd be open today, we took the shorter way home and didn't go back into Southbank because we thought that most places would be shut :x

Neither did my mates but as I rolled towards them I yelled "ye of little faith!". It was packed :mrgreen:

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:40 am

Comedian wrote:
marinmomma wrote:

Neither did my mates but as I rolled towards them I yelled "ye of little faith!". It was packed :mrgreen:

If it was packed Mr Marinmomma wouldn't have bothered to wait for a coffee :roll:
Lisa

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:46 am

marinmomma wrote:
Comedian wrote:
marinmomma wrote: I didn't think that they'd be open today, we took the shorter way home and didn't go back into Southbank because we thought that most places would be shut :x

If it was packed Mr Marinmomma wouldn't have bothered to wait for a coffee :roll:
Oh Puhleeese! It's one of the great pleasures of cycling. Sitting at the garage .. ogling all the fancy bikes, looking at and talking to all the other cyclists. :) Unbeatable. The coffee is even pretty good. We only waited about ten minutes this morning :)

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:04 am

Comedian wrote: Oh Puhleeese! It's one of the great pleasures of cycling. Sitting at the garage .. ogling all the fancy bikes, looking at and talking to all the other cyclists. :) Unbeatable. The coffee is even pretty good. We only waited about ten minutes this morning :)
I agree, I love going there and the coffee is good, it's just the other half gets impatient :roll:
Lisa

Max

Postby Max » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:17 pm

What a magnificent day for a ride today!!! :D Thankyou, weather gods, for allowing me some time in the saddle without having to consider what to wear, or which bike I should take. Just enoying the simple pleasures of riding on a beautiful day!

Max
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy

gordy

Postby gordy » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:44 pm

Nundah to Redcliffe and return this morning. 73k, beautiful sunshine, great company.
Dasiy Hill this afternoon. Thunderstorm as soon as we hit 5 ways, 8k and slightly freaked by the lighting.

Max

Qld weather venting posts

Postby Max » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:07 pm

Severe weather warning for Brisbane and environs ATM. Rain, hail, flash flooding etc. Looks like southern suburbs are affected for now. Inner northern suburbs are just fine..... for now.

Mac
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy

Mustang

Postby Mustang » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:26 am

Damm, had two days off, pleased the family with cooking fish etc; etc; mowed the lawns, cleaned the bike , & ITS BACK :( :( :( When will it stop :?: :?: :?:
Distance Goal 4000km
70 years young.

Le Velo

Postby Le Velo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:36 pm

Managed to do a 55k loop Friday afternoon but got caught on the way back home in the torrential rains....that was the worst ever.
Sunday was good with a 85k loop to new farm so happy with that..... Rest day today and another 55k in the morning but let's see if the rain is going to stay clear. Predictions are here to stay for the week :(

Max

Postby Max » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:07 pm

A great riding day today! It threatened to rain, but didn't. The day was a little humid to start with, but cooled down towards the end of my ride. 85Km of good times :D

Max

Le Velo

Postby Le Velo » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:29 pm

More showers this morning but squeezed another 65k .... Time to invest in shoe covers and some winter gears I think

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:55 pm

Dodged the rain this morning... yaaay. Thought I dodged it tonight... got to within 500m of home and hammered :(