10 SPEED TWIST SHIFTER FOR SRAM AND SHIMANO DYNASYS!

Aushiker

10 SPEED TWIST SHIFTER FOR SRAM AND SHIMANO DYNASYS!

Postby Aushiker » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:17 pm

Hi

While SRAM is mum on whether they’ll ever introduce a twist shifter for the 2×10 drivetrains, and we’re guessing Shimano is not really working on it, we just (finally) found some that were designed specifically for the new breed of 10 speed mountain bike drivetrains.

DK-Lites, the Asian distributor for them, sent over some images of the Recon CX-10 (SRAM) and SXTR (Shimano Dynasys) 10 speed twist shifters. If you’re interested, you can contact DK-Lite’s Doddy on their facebook page. Price is $45 plus $15.90 shipping to the U.S. He says he rides both and they work smoothly, but we’re hoping to get our own set in here for review. More pics and details after the break…
- BikeRumor.com

Andrew

trailgumby

Re: 10 SPEED TWIST SHIFTER FOR SRAM AND SHIMANO DYNASYS!

Postby trailgumby » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:04 pm

Interesting! A mate of mine has just built up a Santa Cruz Tallboy and went with grip shifters and 9-speed. He mentioned that a guy in Germany is doing much the same thing.

I'm hoping someone will do 10-speed Dynasys dual-control!

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:35 pm

I could never really get into gripshift. I had it on a Giant ATX990 in 1996. I much prefer rapidfire or the sram version of it.

Bentnose

Postby Bentnose » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:11 am

I had gripshift around the same time and they were awful, things did improve a lot over the years and the last time I tried them they seemed to be okay. I think with a good sealed cable system they'd be okay, still prefer a rapid fire, bit difficult to brake and change gear with a a gripshift.
No signature

Nobody

Postby Nobody » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:21 am

I think the comments above say exactly why Gripshift started bigger than it is now. I'm also not a fan. I found I pull on the grips out of the saddle which tends to partially shift the Gripshift. But for all I know these could be great.