Matt Lloyd released/scaked by Lotto ???

MichaelB

Matt Lloyd released/scaked by Lotto ???

Postby MichaelB » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:02 am

In a cyclingnews story, it seems that Matty Lloyd (Giro Mtn Jersey winner) has been released from Lotto due to "behavioural issues"

Matty free from Omega

Any idea what the story is ? There is no real hint 'what' the issues were

trailgumby

Re: Matt Lloyd released/scaked by Lotto ???

Postby trailgumby » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:24 am

Reading between the lines of the team announcement and his own rambling statement quoted in the article, I'm guessing the slow recovery from what seems to have been a pretty serious injury combined with impatience and team politics towards a foreign national seems to have done his head in.

roller

Postby roller » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:35 pm

trailgumby wrote:Reading between the lines of the team announcement and his own rambling statement quoted in the article, I'm guessing the slow recovery from what seems to have been a pretty serious injury combined with impatience and team politics towards a foreign national seems to have done his head in.
you must have an amazing crystal ball ! perhaps one of those seeing stones out of the lord of the rings. .

what he said:

"As some people have come to notice (including myself), the tour of Catalunya in spain was in a word: participation-less.. I’m not going to try and smash everyone’s eye-balls in with different physical and mental reasons trying to justify why I did’nt race, but it wasn’t happening. Obviously!! So what’s the next step you’re asking?… Let’s look further north to an area a little south-west of the Pyrénées mountains named the País Vasco, or Basque Country from an english-speaking perspective. I’ll be starting there in the ridgid chopped up and forested tapography of San Sebastian’s hinterland. The ups-and downs will no doubt kick in some solid stimulation to my little muscles that haven’t yet seen the worlds cycling scene this year, let alone since late October 2010. An interesting proposition no doubt…….

Of late, subconscious elements have crept in slowly and steadily leading to a bogus phase of being so eager to be involved mixed with the slow process of recovery we cannot be 100% sure the first race will be of the highest quality, but thankfully the people surrounding me have blessed me with the confidence to once again feel the heat around the corner. Not to mention a brilliant team who’ve given me the opportunity to once again step it up a notch in order to remain directly driven towards the event I anticipate the most- The Giro D’Italia.. If Iv’e been bleeding in places you cant see, and feeling the affects of doors being locked, I’ve called the people who change the locks, and the gate is open… All I have to do is ‘opan the gate’..

Many people say ‘dont let yourself get attachet to annything you are youre not willing to feel the ramifications around the corner’.. But this corner (as twisted as it may have been) is behind me, and I refuse to look behind as my character fails to let me do so, particularly disliking the place I was sitting in. So I’ll face the concequences I’ve attached myself with. through the assistance of particular and fattest crew of understanding people of these life-style changes. As we amble out of the nutural zone in the race to come, these elements will unquestionably bring about an inner center-punch I have never felf before… And before long, I’ll be in the module that has brought me so much love and enjoyment! Peace Matty L"

what they said

"Our team's image cannot be connected to Matthew's behaviour any more," reads a statement from the team, "therefore the unanimous decision taken by the BCC board of directors. We follow a policy of zero tolerance of which we cannot divert."

The team’s release does not cite an official reason for the ending of Lloyd’s contract but, given the prevailing climate in the sport, is keen to stress that “it is not about the use of performance enhancing drugs.”
inflammatory statement or idea

jules21

Postby jules21 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:42 pm

i agree with TG. matty is known as an eccentric and OPL are not known for treating foreign (non-belgian) riders well.

pro cycling is cut-throat - JV seems to have lost patience with trent lowe at garmin after he got sick and didn't perform. matty lloyd may have suffered a similar fate - climber's jersey in the Giro one year, injured the next --> obsolete.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:26 pm

All sorts of suggestions on other forums - anywhere from depression to links with Green Edge.

Either way, hope he is OK and shows them the mistake they made.

Lends even more background as to why Cadel left ...

Sven Nijs

Postby Sven Nijs » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:14 pm

MichaelB wrote:All sorts of suggestions on other forums - anywhere from depression to links with Green Edge.
That's my guess having read his blog
Either way, hope he is OK and shows them the mistake they made..
Seconded!
It's a bit warmer here than Scotland isn't it!

D_ess

Postby D_ess » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:47 am

MichaelB wrote:All sorts of suggestions on other forums - anywhere from depression to links with Green Edge.

Either way, hope he is OK and shows them the mistake they made.

Lends even more background as to why Cadel left ...
i won't speculate on what exactly caused Matty's departure, but i will say i'm sure he can come out of this in a better position. As per Cadel's experience, OPL work best (lol, only?) with Belgian riders...i wonder how Greipel's time with them will go? He's done some cool stuff this season (namely winning a stage from a break), but he's a cool dude...i'd hate to see him get treated as Cadel and Matty have...

JV911

Postby JV911 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:52 am

i saw on cycling central that another aussie was "released" last week. cant recall who it was though...

:?:
<---LACC--->
<---BMC SLR01--->

whitey

Postby whitey » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:07 pm

JV911 wrote:i saw on cycling central that another aussie was "released" last week. cant recall who it was though...

:?:
Werent they talking about the guy Vaughters sacked from Garmin-Cervelo a while ago?

bianchi928

Postby bianchi928 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:52 pm

Trent Lowe?
Stand on my dog I cut off your head

JV911

Postby JV911 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:26 pm

bianchi928 wrote:Trent Lowe?
hmmm yea maybe

that was a while ago though, no? could have sworn they said "last week" on cycling central
<---LACC--->
<---BMC SLR01--->

redcorpsjames

Postby redcorpsjames » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:36 pm

it was trent lowe. he was released two days after his contract expired
Merida Scultura 905 2013
cell messenger fixie 2013