Stolen Bike - 2011 Kona PhD - Albert Park, South Melbourne

Has some scumbag run-off with your pride and joy? Post the details / photos here.
Forum rules
Before posting, please read the guidelines first.

Stolen Bike - 2011 Kona PhD - Albert Park, South Melbourne

Postby parvaneh » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:07 am

Bike thieves have got to be the lowest of low. I don't expect to get it back, but if anyone sees this bike would be grateful of any info. I absolutely loved it, only had it 3 months and now have to catch superfantastic PT on the worst line in Melbourne.

Type - Flat Bar Road Bike
Make - Kona
Model - PhD
Frame - large
Colour - white
Distinguising Features - black oil marks from lock on front post, front and rear light sockets but no lights because I removed them.

Location - At bike racks,outside cafe attached to MSAC Aquatic centre at Albert Park, South Melbourne
Date and Time - Thursday 21st April, between 5.30pm to 8.50pm

There's no CCTV on that location, so I would warn others not to park bikes there and I have now learnt my lesson. Lock was cut with bolt cutters and they were brave because there's a reasonable amount of traffic in area. Helmet was taken with it.

Now looking to upgrade to true (drop bar) road bike. If anyone has any make, model and store recommendations in the $2K price range, would be grateful for info.

Ta
P

MOD EDIT: Subject edited, added location (Welcome to the forum, sorry about your loss)
parvaneh

by BNA » Sun May 01, 2011 5:58 pm

BNA

Re: Stolen Bike - 2011 Kona PhD - Albert Park, South Melbour

Postby mytheone » Sun May 01, 2011 5:58 pm

What kind of lock was it?
mytheone

Return to Stolen Bikes