Peugeot PX 10

Forum rules
Before posting, please read the guidelines first.
clivethedrummer

Peugeot PX 10

Postby clivethedrummer » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:13 pm

Hi, just found this Forum...

A few years ago, I had a 53cm team colour (white/black Nervex etc) Peugeot PX10 on display in a Bike Shop at Burleigh on the Gold Coast. The shop went bust and the guy sold my bike off, (then told me where to go!). Originally it was in a glass case at the Peugeot importers warehouse.

There was also a Bianchi Gimondi issue, I got this back......rusted...

The frame came from Mike's Bikes on the Gold Coast and took nearly 5 years to complete and many dollars.

It would have been one of the best in Oz, frame was original, NOS Stronglight, NOS Mafac, NOS wheels (Maillard hubs LF, simplex QR levers), NOS Simplex front and rear Delrin, NOS Lytotard, NOS Simplex seat post, good Ideale 2000, very good Pivo Bars and stem (cloth tape). NO chain, all new cables etc etc.

It has to turn up one day!! Please let me know if you have seen this bike.

Thanks you, Clive Rodell in Sydney.

ausbronc

Re: Peugeot PX 10

Postby ausbronc » Tue May 03, 2011 5:59 pm

Mod Edit: not the place for it and somewhat tasteless to be trying to sell a similar bike to a person who has been badly wronged.

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Tue May 03, 2011 6:39 pm

ausbronc wrote:... but i have an excellent PX10LE AU 60 BL you might be interested in ....
Err... This isn't in the Market Place Sub-forum and I don't think the OP was a "Wanted to buy" posting . More a "wanted back" posting

Clive - that's a shocker of a story. Should your bike surface somewhere, would you have some sort of proof of original ownership or record of how it might have come to have been sold on from the shop? I'd say you'd need to some solid ground to stand on before reclaiming it.
--
Hit me up via the BNA dm; I'll get an alert. If y'know, you know.

ausbronc

Postby ausbronc » Tue May 03, 2011 7:48 pm

This was a reply to someone who might have liked some options

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Tue May 03, 2011 8:44 pm

:?
--
Hit me up via the BNA dm; I'll get an alert. If y'know, you know.

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Wed May 04, 2011 9:12 am

There is a question of ownership... ownership has been passed on so the beef should be with bike owner so if I read this correctly the OP paid for it? Or if he didnt he just wants something similar? If the former, should have told the police. If the latter, move on.

The post is a bit confusing. I dont think the bike is stolen if title has been passed.
Amateur oenologist and green-friendly commuter.