2011 Winter Road Racing Season - It won't hurt a bit!!

Redbull

Postby Redbull » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:25 pm

Well everyone it's Road Racing season time and the Peel Districts Cycling Club has announced their calendar.

Grades range from A to E (where you find the "large boned" Redbull lurking).

Anyone can rock up and try (provided you have paid the race entry fees!!) for 3 times then if you enjoy it, get a racing license.

Go to the site http://www.pdcc.asn.au for more details or contact one of the club officials.

President Dr Tony van Merwyk 95257773 Committee elantone@bigpond.com

Vice President John Price 95255077 Committee jmund3@hotmail.com

Secretary Andy Bennett 95245327 Committee andyben2@bigpond.com

Treasurer Roger Woolley 95257787 Committee rkw@pdcc.asn.au

Date Location Time Event
Saturday, 2 April No Racing
Sunday, 3 April Waroona 08:00 Cyclo-Sportif Fund Raiser
Saturday 16 April Perth TBA UCI World Cup Qualifier
Saturday, 23 April Baldivis 14:00 Graded Scratch
Monday, 25 April Midland Stan Gurney Memorial
Saturday, 30 April Wandi 14:00 Graded Scratch
Sunday, 1 May Collie Tom Lowry Memorial
Saturday, 7 May Wandi 08:00 Peel Junior Tour
Saturday, 14 May No Racing
Sunday, 15 May Wandi State 100km Championships
Sunday, 15 May Rockingham Cyclo Sportif Fund Raiser
Saturday, 21 May Parklands 14:00 Graded Scratch
Saturday, 28 May Serpentine 14:00 Graded Scratch
Saturday, 4 June Dwellingup West 14:00 Handicap
Sunday, 5 June Menzies Menzies Classic
Saturday, 11 June Officials Break
Saturday, 18 June Baldivis 14:00 Graded Points Score
Saturday, 25 June Wandi 14:00 Graded Scratch
Saturday, 2 July Casuarina 14:00 Graded Scratch
Saturday, 9 July Serpentine 14:00 Graded Scratch
Saturday, 16 July North Dandalup 14:00 Handicap
Saturday, 23 July Parklands 14:00 Graded Scratch
Saturday, 30July Officials Break
Sunday, 31 July Carmel State Junior Road Champs
Saturday, 6 August Champion Lakes State Junior ITT Champs
Sunday, 7 August Pinjarra 08:30 Pinjarra Classic
Saturday, 13 August Serpentine 14:00 Graded Scratch
Saturday, 20 August Baldivis 14:00 Graded Scratch
Saturday, 20 August Collie Collie-Donnybrook Classic
Saturday, 27 August Officials Break
Saturday, 3 September Casuarina 14:00 Graded Scratch
Saturday, 10 September Serpentine 14:00 PK Cycles Handicap
Sunday,11 September Byford Cyclo Sportif Fund Raiser
Sunday, 11 September Dardanup Dardanup Open
Saturday, 17 September Officials Break
Sunday,18 September TBA State Senior Road Champs
Saturday, 24 September Wandi 14:00 Graded Points Score
Sunday, 2 October Collie Country Championships
Sunday, 2 October Mandogalup 09:00 Spring Classic WCMCC
Saturday, 8 October Casuarina 14:00 Graded Scratch
Saturday, 15 October No Racing
Sunday, 16 October Pinjarra 08:00 State TTT
Saturday, 22 October Wandi 14:00 President’s Cup Handicap
Sunday, 23 October Northam Northam Classic
Saturday, 29 October Baldivis 14:00 Club Road Championships
Sunday, 6 November Serpentine Dam 10:30 25km Hilly Time Trial + BBQ
The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass

Marty Moose

Re: 2011 Winter Road Racing Season - It won't hurt a bit!!

Postby Marty Moose » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:27 pm

Hats off to Peel for a Saturday series well run events. I'll be down to more than a few of these. Redbull "won't hurt a bit" YOU LIE :)

MM

Redbull

Postby Redbull » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:11 pm

Marty Moose wrote:Hats off to Peel for a Saturday series well run events. I'll be down to more than a few of these. Redbull "won't hurt a bit" YOU LIE :)

MM
I have been known to from time to time ;)

madrapper

Postby madrapper » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:31 am

Oh dear. Entered my first road race since an October car accident today and my oh my do I have some work to do :(
Dog Hill, Baldivis was the scene of this particular crime.

C grade was the name of the my game today and even that proved too tough. Things got underway steadily with me and fellow forumite leadlined on the front (well someone has to be on the front yeah?) and thinking it was all going swimmingly. Just before we reached the first corner somebody decided otherwise and upped the ante. And that was it! Somewhere between the first and second corner the bunch had split into at least 4 groups. The leaders (maybe 3?), the chasers (about 4) and then me and a young Emily (with the awesome looking Jayco-Skins kit) further back followed by, well, everyone behind us. I worked with her to get back to the chasers and had almost done so by the end of the final lap but I popped. Emily got on to the chasers :)
2nd lap - I was by myself for a bit before Arthur (sometime forum contributor) and another bloke caught me and I started working with them. Arthur and his mate communicated well, swapped turns and rolled when appropriate - a joy to ride with! We were gradually catching the group in front.
3rd lap I was still with the 2 other blokes but was really feeling it. Emily had dropped off from the chasers and latched onto our trio. Always handy to have another helper.
4th lap - three quarters of the way around the course I was doing a turn at 40kph+ and cramp hit. I had to peel off and try and stay with the other 3. A dog running amok around the back helped me catch back up but about 60m before the catch with the 2nd group on the road I popped for good. Very frustrating as now the chasing group was bigger and I could've gotten a spell.
Rolled over the line at the end of 4 laps and proceeded to cramp quads and hammy's :cry: Race done. DNF with 2 laps to go.

I have my starting point. Now to do something about it :wink:
Cheers,
Dave

Redbull

Postby Redbull » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:21 pm

Good onya Madrapper.
The Redbull piked out this weekend and spent the long weekend with the family down at Gracetown.

Results are up.

Baldivis - Dog Hill
23/04/2011
Place A Grade 85km 8 Laps Time
1 Nathan Lyons 2:23:19
2 Mark Roberts st
3 Shanon Sime st
DNF Wade Longworth
DNF Matt Upton
DNF Peter Shanley
DNF Jon O'Brien
DNF Michael Thomas
DNF Josh Camp

Place B Grade 75km 7 Laps
1 Bob Addy 2:02:41
2 Warren Sexton st
3 Brendan Boyd @00:51
4 Peter Mills @01:19
5 Kelly Gray @03:24
6 Andrew Candy st
7 Carlos Fernandes st
8 Brad Pethers @04:38
9 Laurie Longworth @08:41
10 Peter Carlin @16:25
DNF Geoff Marshall
DNF Danielle Longworth
DNF Dave Dyson
DNF Alison Dyson
DNF Daryl Harris
DNF Peter Clark

Place C Grade 64km 6 Laps Time
1 Glyn Fish 1:51:52
2 Mark Crowther st
3 Jamie Muir @00:11
4 Dave Leddin @02:47
5 Emily McRedmond @04:13
6 Brad Gildersleeve st
7 Arthur Connor st
8 Craig McDonald st
DNF David Shailer
DNF Brian Buck
DNF Mikala Falconer

Place D Grade 54km 5 Laps
1 Geoff Gilmore 01:39:53
2 Dave Simmons st
3 Mick Backshall st
4 John Wighton st
5 Don Griffin st
6 Lauryn Backshall st
7 Nancy Caceres st
8 Tim Hogben @10:02
9 Allan Cluning @15:51
10 Amy Banham @16:35
DNF Caroline Clark
DNF Steven Smith

Place E Grade 43km 4 Laps
1 John Chalmers 01:22:59
2 John Bywater st
3 Alison Whiteman st
4 Sandy Holland st
5 Tony van Merwyk st
6 David Mitton @00:05
DNF Jacky Lovegrove

Marty Moose

Postby Marty Moose » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:25 pm

Just sorted my Lic so I should be good for the weekend :) Its stupid how you can'y use a west coast vets lic.

MM

madrapper

Postby madrapper » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:49 pm

Slightly OT but..
Marty - I'd suggest it's even more silly that WCMCC have their own licence & racing criteria that isn't in sync with the rest of the country's veteran clubs.
It's annoying (and expensive) that I need seperate Cycling Australia, Mountain Bike Australia & WCMCC licences to do most races.

Having said that - I'd like to do some of their races (only heard good things) once I've sorted some stuff out.
Cheers,
Dave

Redbull

Postby Redbull » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:38 pm

Only need the CA licence which makes up the bulk of the membership costs. The fees breakdown for members is as below (as you can see, nobody at the club is retiring on membership fees :D )

If you already have a CA licence then you can pay your entry fee and ride around.

Licence Costs

Elite & Under 23 $238 which includes the Club membership fee of $30

Junior U19 $153 which includes the Club membership fee of $15

Junior U17/U15 $118 which includes the Club membership fee of $15

Junior U13 $ 62 which includes the Club membership fee of $15

Master 30-64 $168 which includes the Club membership fee of $30

Master 65+ $133 which includes the Club membership fee of $30

madrapper

Postby madrapper » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:37 am

Thankx for that RedBull! That's certainly good to know that I can just rock up and ride :D

I've asked a couple of other people in the past who have explained it differently - hence my previous comments :roll:

Please say hello if you are out at Wandi :)
Cheers,
Dave

Redbull

Postby Redbull » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:13 pm

I don't like Wandi :shock:

I'm desperately looking for something better to do on Saturday, but Simmo reckons doing something is better than doing nothing.

Damn gravity - why can't going up hill be as much fun as coming downhill?

Marty Moose

Postby Marty Moose » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:20 pm

I won't be now :(

MM

madrapper

Postby madrapper » Mon May 02, 2011 12:14 pm

30th April 2011 - PDCC winter road race Wandi

Three South Perth Rouleurs rocked up for Peel Districts Cycling Club's second road race of the 2011 season. And our official photographer Nathan of course! Shu was going to have a crack at D grade whilst Andrew 'Wong Way' and I were having a go at C.
There was a small turn out for C grade at Wandi on a lovely Saturday afternoon that was just a bit blowy. Only six punters all up and six laps in front of us, which suggested we would probably be all together at the end for a sprint finish. Myself, Wong Way (or is that Audrey? #1), Arthur, Craig, Brian and Alison.
Lap one saw everyone taking a turn, but it was clear that Wong Way and stalwart Brian had the strong legs. Half round lap two I heard Arthur cursing his bike and slipping some gears and that was the last I saw of him :(
Lap two and I think I'd done my fair share of turns until then. I'd done a strong turn and Brian had come to the front on the small rise before the main hill of the course when i found myself in a little bit of difficulty. Craig offered some encouragement and pulled me back the short distance to the others. I was rather thankful for that otherwise it could have been the end of my race right there. Unfortunately I think we dropped Craig on the next hill and I now owe him one! Brian moved off the front this lap and it took a fair effort from Wong Way and me to peg him back. It was basically two on two now.
Lap three and I was feeling things. I struggled to stay with them up the hill and found myself about forty metres off the back of the other three around two thirds of the way around the course. I managed to pull myself together and draw back up to them on the bottom straight. With the help of a slight tailwind I was flying when I reached them and (as tends to be my want) blew right past the leading trio. It wasn't so much a move, I just didn't feel the need the slow down and rejoin them. I thought they'd jump on but when I next looked behind I had a decent gap, something in the order of 120 - 150m. So I kept going with it just to see what would happen.
I stayed away for lap four and was still away after the hill on lap five and it wasn't until shortly afterwards that they reeled me in.... and then sat on me! I was all over the road and no one would come through. Having a drink didn't work, swerving didn't work, sitting up didn't work. I eventually resorted to using the brakes and still no one wanted to go through immediately. Not Happy Jan. Finally Brian manned up and took a flyer while the pace was so pedestrian. It took a lot out of me to accelerate back up to speed and hang on. Brian had got a gap and Wong Way was leading the chase.
Lap six and I was toast. Brian was off the front, Alison wasn't chasing and I'd done my dash. I was fairly certain Wong Way could take the win if it all came together so I went to the front, put my head down and slowly narrowed the gap to the leader. I came up short on the smaller rise and exploded. The gap was still thirty or forty metres when I popped and Wong Way took off to finish the job. Alison struggled to go with him and I dont think she ever got on. I meanwhile proceeded to feebly go up the main hill, dispensing large amounts of flem and coughing and spluttering to the top.
I rolled around the rest of the lap, coming home just ahead of a galloping B grade sprint. Andrew had taken out the C grade win, Brian second, Alison third. Enjoyed the race even though I knew I'd been played by some wiley older folk :P Luckily for me I had the stronger team mate! #2

#1 - announcer had misread Andrew at the line up / roll call.
#2 - although on the other hand maybe they were saving themselves for the Masters 25km TT the following day - where they both won their age groups!

Garmin & Strava links.

Cheers,
Dave

And just to save RedBull the trouble - I've pasted the results below :D

Place A Grade 75km 8 Laps Time
1 Nathan Lyons 1:47:20
2 Trent Derecourt
3 Mark Roberts
4 Troy Coulthard
5 Peter Shanley

Place B Grade 66km 7 Laps
1 John Buonvecchi 1:34:10
2 Brendan Boyd
3 Geoff Marshall
4 Andrew Candy
5 Peter Mills
6 Paul Prottey
7 Daryl Harris
8 Peter Carlin
9 Bob Addy
10 Andrew Crack
11 Dave Dyson
DNF Michael Polmear
DNF Rodney Harding

Place C Grade 56km 6 Laps Time
1 Andrew Wong 1:33:24
2 Brian Buck
3 Alison Dyson
4 David Shailer
5 Arthur Connor
6 Craig McDonald

Place D Grade 47km 5 Laps 01:14:00
1 Geoff Gilmore
2 Dave Simmons
3 Lauryn Backshall
4 Shu Chong Tang
5 Geoff Wheeler
6 John Wighton
7 Don Griffin
8 Andy Bennett

Place E Grade 38km 4 Laps 01:10:08
1 Dave Mitton
2 Sandy de la Mare
3 John Bywater
4 Steven Smith
5 Tony van Merwyk
6 Jacky Lovegrove
7 Phil Edwards
DNF Alysha Mitchell
DNF Murray Coombs
Cheers,
Dave

pixola

Postby pixola » Thu May 05, 2011 1:46 am

David's too modest. He really put in a huge effort and made the racing very interesting for my first time at PDCC, and my first real scratch race if you exclude the UCI Road Race.

There were moments of 2011 Paris-Roubaix when David broke away on lap 3/4. Alison was firmly planted on my back wheel and not going anywhere. Brian was keeping an eye on me, and both were making sure I was doing more work. Many lessons from both of them for a newbie like me. David went for it, and they waited for me to respond. I let David go, and thought - hell, let's see just how long you can bear to wait for them. David van Sommeren had gone, and I was thinking 2nd place was going to be OK. Eventually Brian went, and then I followed (Alison still on the back wheel).

Brian has some very strong legs and is a great sportsman. The part David didn't see was the finish.. Last lap to go, Brian had about 50m on me, Alison and David. We'd run through the start/finish line as I think D grade was finishing, and there was a few cyclists crossing the road in front, and to be honest I'd lost sight of Brian in the visual landscape. I thought he'd kicked on, but I spotted him turning into corner as we cleared some cyclists who got off the road - not too far away. The Bell is better than a gel shot. As we went together up the first slight slope upwards, the road gets coarse and feels like it's working against you. I figured with 7km to go, I'd have to pick the best place to attack Alison and catch Brian. I chose the 2nd climb which starts as you do a sharp left hand turn, followed by a fast downhill drop and then a longer and bigger hill. With the headwind blowing, it was where it hurts the most, with the sharp sandy corner entry speeds would be lower. Good spot for it.

Got on the apex which has a bit of sand about.. and then went for it from 21km/h up to 39km/h.. 900 watts peak.. went hard down the hill too.. and caught Brian before we both climbed hard out of the saddle.
Slowly upping the pace about 360 watts average as we climbed, I wanted a bit of a rest and looked back.. Alison was gone, and it was just me and Brian. At the top of the hill, I looked again.. just me and Brian. I was hurting.
But the prospect of 6km to go, and a head down time trial or a showdown sprint to the finish was irresistible.

A brief rest down the hill, then back to tempo. I pushed about 300 watts for 2 minutes, with Brian on my back wheel. He was going to follow me.. and hopefully wear me down enough. On the last hill of the race, I attacked him again on the apex but I was starting to get tired - only 650watts peak and about 400w for a minute. I couldn't shake him off, and we descended together. I signalled to him to have a turn but he wasn't going to do that !

So there was a bit of weaving and to and froing.. and with the last corner in sight, Brian did a most sporting thing. He sided up to me and said "tell you what, how about I ride next to you ?" We had a really nice chat.. exchanged names and talked about the race (we were still doing about 36km/h).. I kept looking back just in case Alison was going to charge at me from the horizon. Brian and I came around the corner together, and the final sprint started.

36.. 39km/h.. and we started to speed it up.. Then the sprint was on.. it wasn't really too hard, or long.. but with 50m to go, at about 51km/h and 1100 watts peak, I got a cramp in my left calf.. !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !!!.. Brian was about 10m behind..

Shut Up Legs !!!

I made it !

It's great to ride with more experienced people and learn heaps at the same time. It's a shame David couldn't hold out till the finish.. It would have been a good win for the tactics alone !

I'll be going back to the PDCC rides if I have time. I recommend it for anyone wanting to get a bit of racecraft !

Redbull

Postby Redbull » Wed May 11, 2011 11:30 pm

No racing this week. An opportunity for everyone to sharpen up for the Parklands course for the following week. One sharp rise and then it's easy street ;)

madrapper

Postby madrapper » Wed May 11, 2011 11:55 pm

Well not that I'll be there - I'll be at the Million Paws Walk - but for those that want some racing (and are old enough) this weekend there is a West Coast Masters race at Herne Hill 9am Sunday.
Cheers,
Dave

Redbull

Postby Redbull » Fri May 20, 2011 5:52 pm

Saturday 21 May - Parklands Mandurah

Car park is off Marlee Rd in the reserve.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&q= ... a=N&tab=il

One hill only but sharp enough :(

Redbull the fat cyclist is having a run this week.

madrapper

Postby madrapper » Sun May 22, 2011 2:30 am

PDCC Parklands 21st May 2011 - C grade.

After the usual mad scramble to actually get here on time, I found myself with about ten minutes for a warm up. So I was fairly thankful for that :) About 10 punters lined up for C grade including the usual suspects and I noticed Dave from Lakes Bikes lining up too. All by myself today - no other SP Rouleurs to help out. 14 laps of the course was the call.
Things were fairly cruisey for few laps before the field split and there was five of us pulling away. Arthur, Craig, Alison, me and some other dude. Another lap or so later A/B grade went past and the other dude decided to latch on. Nevermind - we'd let the commissares do their job. Down to four. Shortly afterwards we lost Craig and then there were three. Once or twice was gapped as we went over the rise but managed to get back on on the descent.
Things were pretty amicable and I was able to do my bit but still get a break. It was clear to me that Alison was again the strongest rider and I wasn't' about to be worked over like last race!
With a few laps to go we were closing on another grade and it was indicated that this was their last lap so we eased up and rolled a short distance behind them. But then there was no sprint from them and we saw they had another lap. The ease up didn't do much for me - my hamstrings were cramping and I was trying to stretch. I thought they might attack when they saw me stretching awkwardly on my bike but thankfully I was spared.
Last lap and my plan was to take the last sharp corner in front and then pull away after the corner. I was finding I was better at the corners than my fellow front-runners and was planning to take advantage of this. Alas it wasn't to be as,... well I'm not really sure why I didnt' go through with that plan. Maybe a lack of confidence in being able to go for home from that far out. Arthur seemed to resign himself to leading me and Alison out. I was on his wheel with Alison behind me. With less than 200m to go I jumped and Alison never got on. I went on for my second win ever in C. :D And then proceeded to cramp again :cry:

Not as quick as previous efforts at Parklands but my ride details can be found at Strava and GarminConnect. Felt good to get a result - been a while!
Full credit to the organisers - would have been quite confusing with 5 grades and splits but they seemed to have it under control.

Saw Redbull floating about but didn't realise who it was till afterwards :(

More racing (Masters) tomorrow morning at Wandi - providing I get out of bed.
Cheers,
Dave

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sun May 22, 2011 12:30 pm

madrapper wrote:I went on for my second win ever in C. :D And then proceeded to cramp again :cry:
Well done. Reading this makes me think I should have a go. Do they have "z" grade? :)

Andrew

Marty Moose

Postby Marty Moose » Sun May 22, 2011 6:35 pm

Well done Dave thanks for the write up.......

MM

Redbull

Postby Redbull » Sun May 22, 2011 7:10 pm

Hi Dave - SPR kit doh!!

OK now I know who :)

Nice win in C grade. I don't think that you were the only one experiencing cramps yesterday.

madrapper

Postby madrapper » Sun May 22, 2011 10:33 pm

Ditto Redbull :D

Just FYI for those contemplating Masters racing here in Perth. As discussed a few posts up - I participated in a West Coast Masters Cycling Club road race at Wandi today and found out what the story is from the horses mouth. RIde report for that race pending...)
But regarding what you need to race. They have their own licencing arrangement - COMPLETELY seperate from Cycling Australia and your CA licence doesn't mean jack to them. You fill in a 'Trial Ride' form, pay $15 and race ($10 for members). There was some debate about how many trial rides you can do before having to purchase a WCMCC licence/membership. "You're entitled to at least one and a maximum of two" was what I got out of the guys running the show. So I guess I'll see what happens when I rock up for my second Trial Ride.
They get good turn ups with 37 riders presenting for B grade this morning and the racing was fun & safe. I'll probably bite the bullet and get my third racing licence soon....
Cheers,
Dave

madrapper

Postby madrapper » Sun May 22, 2011 11:54 pm

WCMCC Wandi road race 22nd May 2011

Rocked up to my first West Coast Masters Cycling Club race after a slight detour (ok,.. so the rego is not where ATTA or PDCC have it!) and was impressed with the crowd out on this crisp morning! Sorted out my entry and numbers, was introduced to fellow SPRouleur Shane by Wong Way (fourmite - pixola), saw a few other faces about and rolled up to the start. Thought I was racing in C but Wong Way pointed out that they'd given me B grade numbers... Hmm... oh well what the heck. Was a little concerned when I saw the calibre of riders in the 37 strong B grade bunch.... Plan was just to hang in there. 8 laps of Wandi.

First three laps were ok but by the fourth I was starting to feel it. A few groups got away but were all brought back. Closed a fifty metre gap to a group at the end of lap four up the slope which took a bit out of me but managed to hold on. A couple of dig deep moments in the remaining laps but nothing of further note. Had one scare when I was waiting for someone to come up the outside to tow me up nearer the front of the bunch but then realised that I was last wheel and I'd be waiting a while!

Last lap everyone was together and collectively forgot how to corner. Corners had been relatively smooth until the last lap but then went pear shaped. No major drama, just a few wobbles and not held lines. Bob Addy tried to wind things up a few km out but was unsuccessful in stringing things out. All together up the final slope and the bunch kicked. I had nothing and the cramps picked up from yesterday. Saw Wong Way and 2 other guys spear off into the bush after some altercation up ahead but don't know details. Maybe someone put a pedal into some spokes. There was lots of cursing from one bloke before he'd even come to a halt. I came in after the sprint but happy to have finished in the main pack.

Was fun to participate in a good sized pack again and the Rota-M Cycling Team dominated with two riders equal 1st and another 4th.
Well organised race and I'll probably be back for another bash at some point.

67km (AT) 39kph

My ride details - Strava & Garmin
Results
Cheers,
Dave

Redbull

Postby Redbull » Tue May 24, 2011 11:34 pm

Well one and all, if you want to have a run at a road race this season then this is the one to do it.

The course is Serpentine and is basically a flat track, ideal for your first run if you are keen.

http://www.pdcc.asn.au/Serpentine%20Karnup%20Road.htm

Unfortunately I will o/seas for work and will not be having a run :( this Saturday. Next week is Dwellingup :shock: which is not good for fat blokes like me.

Have fun all :mrgreen:

Ali

Postby Ali » Thu May 26, 2011 9:22 pm

Interesting comments. I would like to clarify some points in relation to WCMCC.
WCMCC are affiliated with the AVCC Australian Veterans Cycling Council which is
why they have a separate licence. They have their own State and National Championships
under this licence. Competition is divided in 5 year age groups and not open as with
an Australian Cycling Licence. Much fairer system for the more mature rider:)
You are allowed one (1) trial ride. It was two (2) but this was changed at the beginning
of this year. The cost to ride is $15 whether you are a member or not. Another post
mentioned it was $10 for members - not correct. Membership is $130 per year which
includes insurance. All races are graded and the handicapper views results each week
and will inform you if you need to move up or down a grade. All nomination money
is returned to the riders in prize money, to pay the marshals and any other expenses
incurred on the day. With over 320 members WCMCC is one of the largest clubs in
WA. To join you must be over 30 years of age (female) and over 35 years of age(male)
New members are always welcome. Please see the website for more details or contact
a committee member.

madrapper

Postby madrapper » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:01 pm

Hmmm.... false start yesterday :( Clearly Dwellingup West isn't the same start location as North Dandalup. Was on my way and arrived where i thought it was but nobody about. I was already almost running late so decided to cut my loses and head home with the idea of getting in a nonna nap... Wifey had other ideas and ended up at the shops :evil: Not Happy Jan. Adding this one to the Epic Fail file.

Hopefully make it to the Baldivis Point score in a few weeks.
Cheers,
Dave