Ridley in Adelaide

Dr_Mutley

Ridley in Adelaide

Postby Dr_Mutley » Thu May 12, 2011 12:25 pm

Anyone know of any Ridley dealers in adelaide?

Website lists Standish (AT) Marion.... hoping theres someone more reputable than this in adelaide who carries them? A friend is after a noah....

rustychisel

Re: Ridley in Adelaide

Postby rustychisel » Thu May 12, 2011 12:31 pm

nope. Your friend might end up with a wail... :wink:

whale... oh, never mind. :arrow: :oops:

DanielS

Postby DanielS » Thu May 12, 2011 1:19 pm

Super Elliotts have them - in fact I saw a Noah in there last time I visited.

Dr_Mutley

Ridley in Adelaide

Postby Dr_Mutley » Thu May 12, 2011 9:16 pm

Thanks mate...

mmhbeer

Postby mmhbeer » Fri May 13, 2011 11:25 am

Standish at Mile End have them on the floor.

Davobel

Postby Davobel » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:48 pm

I just purchased a Ridley (cross bike) from the US (Competitive Cyclist). Here is the story: I live about 400 k's from a capital city so I got on the Ridley Aus website. I got the name of a LBS in Melbourne and when I was in the city, I had a talk with the manager. I knew that Ridley Aus was not importing this particular bike (only the most popular cross bike made), but I wanted to know if they /would/ order one for me. I knew what I wanted, I knew my size, I had the money. Sales don't get any easier. I wasn't asking for a deal, I simply wanted the bike. The price they came back with was absurd, eight to ten weeks and $4500 v. $2500 in the US, delivered in two weeks but no duty). There was nothing he could do. I told him how much I was quoted in the US and even gave him the website. He said that this price was less then his wholesale price. Yet it was the MRSP in the US. I ordered the bike (X-Fire) from the US, the next day they contacted me, asking if I wanted to get the X-Night frame at no extra charge. Two weeks later my bike arrived, after I paid the appropriate taxes, total cost just under $3000.

If your friend knows what he wants and knows his size, with the exchange rate as it is, check out some OS suppliers. Delivery will be about $200 and total of 15% duty.

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:29 pm

Davobel wrote:I just purchased a Ridley (cross bike) from the US (Competitive Cyclist). Here is the story: I live about 400 k's from a capital city so I got on the Ridley Aus website. I got the name of a LBS in Melbourne and when I was in the city, I had a talk with the manager. I knew that Ridley Aus was not importing this particular bike (only the most popular cross bike made), but I wanted to know if they /would/ order one for me. I knew what I wanted, I knew my size, I had the money. Sales don't get any easier. I wasn't asking for a deal, I simply wanted the bike. The price they came back with was absurd, eight to ten weeks and $4500 v. $2500 in the US, delivered in two weeks but no duty). There was nothing he could do. I told him how much I was quoted in the US and even gave him the website. He said that this price was less then his wholesale price. Yet it was the MRSP in the US. I ordered the bike (X-Fire) from the US, the next day they contacted me, asking if I wanted to get the X-Night frame at no extra charge. Two weeks later my bike arrived, after I paid the appropriate taxes, total cost just under $3000.

If your friend knows what he wants and knows his size, with the exchange rate as it is, check out some OS suppliers. Delivery will be about $200 and total of 15% duty.
thanks davo....
must agree 100% with u... did the same with my Cervelo S3... quoted $11k by LBS... $6.5k delivered... needed some warranty followup some months later, and all went smoother and quicker than if i hadda dealt thru the LBS... not much incentive to support the LBS on those figures and followup, that said that is certainly not representative of all brands, and all LBS followup.... just bought another roady thru a different LBS... great price build and after sales service....

moral of the story is for each major purchase, do your research and know your stuff :)