Bike Gallery

grt046

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby grt046 » Fri May 06, 2011 5:48 pm

Neat looking bike Norbs ..... the pictures aren't half bad either :)
Giant Defy Advanced 1 (2014) Orbea Gain M20 (2021)

Max

Bike Gallery

Postby Max » Fri May 06, 2011 7:53 pm

Now that's a nice-looking bike, norbs!

Max
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy

ozzymac

Postby ozzymac » Fri May 06, 2011 9:25 pm

Hi,
Just upgraded from a Hybrid to a roadbike. Quite a difference. Will post shopping experience and thoughts so far elsewhere.
Cheers
Hybrid Orbea
Road Bike
Cannondale Cad8 with 105

bosvit

Postby bosvit » Sun May 08, 2011 8:55 am

ozzymac wrote:Hi,
Just upgraded from a Hybrid to a roadbike. Quite a difference. Will post shopping experience and thoughts so far elsewhere.
Cheers
Nice CAAD ozzymac

Love those veggie beds, used to do something similar but not as well presented as those!

steve_hobart

Postby steve_hobart » Mon May 09, 2011 10:03 pm

Here is a link to my much loved and much ridden Fuji Roubaix Pro 2008 , with upgraded Ultegra 6700 Wheelset.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35418962@N ... 556689803/

My first roadie (purchased from the forum).

(Sorry I'm not sure how to post a photo so I have attached a link).

cheers

Steve

breezer1

Postby breezer1 » Mon May 09, 2011 10:15 pm

steve_hobart wrote:Here is a link to my much loved and much ridden Fuji Roubaix Pro 2008 , with upgraded Ultegra 6700 Wheelset.
My first roadie (purchased from the forum).
(Sorry I'm not sure how to post a photo so I have attached a link).
cheers Steve

here you go, if you hit the quote box, you can save the img file for future pic!:

stuwillem

Postby stuwillem » Tue May 10, 2011 9:08 am

I used to knock around on an old 2nd hand Olmo. Sadly I have no pics. So I set out to build a nicer bike and bought all the bits, then got this frameset from Cecil Walker for $150. Someone had ordered it and never picked it up. Collected dust for many years in their store room.
Paconi Columbus tubing. Mavic Ksyrium Elites (1st gen) and Campag Centaur Century Grey 10sp.

Sadly a Hyundai ended the life of this bike, but her insurance piad for this.
First upgrade, to a Chorus front mech (much better quality than the Cent one)

Well, this frame cracked just behind the bottom bracket (chain stay) so look replaced it with this. Very nice of them.
I in turn upgraded everything but the cranks to Chorus 10sp. Ritchey WCS carbon bars and Ritchey WCS saddle (very under-rated saddle)

The old group just happenned to bolt nicely to this... a 1989 Le Kypo Reynolds frame I scored for the best price - free.
note the Centaur UT cranks... I couldn't be bothered stuffing around with the BB on the look etc.
Got a 2nd hand Ksyrium Elite rear wheel and pinched the Aksium front wheel from my wifes bike.

Along the way I also scored this freebie (ref hard rubbish/tip finds thread in the retro cycling area) and added some brooks, new levers and cables etc.
This one's a bit small for me, so it's currently for sale.

chill

Postby chill » Tue May 10, 2011 8:42 pm

Nice mix there stu.

hosko

Postby hosko » Wed May 11, 2011 1:27 pm

My Specialized Allez 2008 model arrived this morning. Threw on the second hand pedals I got from a mate, shoes and cleats also arrived this morning from Wiggle... :D

Took it for a burn down to the wife's work which is 3km away and noticed a MASSIVE difference between this and my old steel demon. Only problem is I can't stop coughing now.. the cold air screwed up my chest!!!

All in all, it was packed perfectly by Durban Cycles in Sutherland (many thanks!) and Greyhound shipped it up overnight from Syd. Put it together in about 30 mins. The packaging was that professional it looked like it had just come out of the box for the first time.

Will just need to tinker a little now to get things spot on.
2013 Malvern Star Oppy Di2

matth

Postby matth » Thu May 12, 2011 12:00 pm

I've just finished upgrading my TCR so I can hand my old parts down for a new bike I am building for my son (pics to follow). I'm chuffed with the way it has turned out and how easy the rebuild was.

Changes made are:

Shimano 6700 groupset
Shimano 6700 pedals
Shimano 6700 wheelset
Hutchinson Fusion 3 tubeless tyres with NoTubes sealant
Selle Italia SLR XP saddle
Specialized Roubaix bar tape

Now I just need to wait for the weather to improve so I can ride it... heaven forbid I get the new parts wet :-)

gooldin

Postby gooldin » Thu May 12, 2011 1:04 pm

matth wrote:I've just finished upgrading my TCR so I can hand my old parts down for a new bike I am building for my son (pics to follow). I'm chuffed with the way it has turned out and how easy the rebuild was.

Changes made are:

Shimano 6700 groupset
Shimano 6700 pedals
Shimano 6700 wheelset
Hutchinson Fusion 3 tubeless tyres with NoTubes sealant
Selle Italia SLR XP saddle
Specialized Roubaix bar tape

Now I just need to wait for the weather to improve so I can ride it... heaven forbid I get the new parts wet :-)

Sweet bike man!

I recently bought my first road bike, the 2011 TCR Composite 1 which you can see on page 109 here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8664&start=2700. Which model TCR is this one? They are a great bike, so smooth!

How do tubeless tires fair up against tubed ones?? would they puncture easier? whats the advantage? Can you just plug them like you do with a normal tubeless car tire when you get a puncture?
Cheers,
Kev

nutsack

Postby nutsack » Thu May 12, 2011 1:21 pm

Finally got my insurance replacement bike, but due to getting less then original value of my bike + accessories replaced I decided to get a cash settlement and import a bike from the US (Competitve Cyclist). The 2010 model has nicer paint scheme than my previous 2009 Racemaster.

Brakes are SRAM Force (saves $100). Rest is Red. Too wet to ride it today :(

Am planning on ordering some wheels from TWE shortly once I get a bit more cash from parts sales from my old bikes.
Main ride: BMC SLX01 Race Master 2010 SRAM Red

Robdog

Postby Robdog » Thu May 12, 2011 10:59 pm

gooldin wrote: How do tubeless tires fair up against tubed ones?? would they puncture easier? whats the advantage? Can you just plug them like you do with a normal tubeless car tire when you get a puncture?
The whole point of running tubeless is that you fill the tyre with a sealant so when it does get a small-medium puncture the seals back up by itself and you don't have to stop riding
2019 BMC TimeMachine R01
201x S-Works Shiv
2009 Avanti Cadent Team

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Fri May 13, 2011 12:01 pm

Current update as of May 2011 -

Time iClic carbon pedals and Shimano Dura Ace C50 carbon clinchers with Conti GP4000 rubber.

Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

notwal

Postby notwal » Fri May 13, 2011 1:42 pm

Robdog wrote:
gooldin wrote: How do tubeless tires fair up against tubed ones?? would they puncture easier? whats the advantage? Can you just plug them like you do with a normal tubeless car tire when you get a puncture?
The whole point of running tubeless is that you fill the tyre with a sealant so when it does get a small-medium puncture the seals back up by itself and you don't have to stop riding
They are supposed to have less rolling resistance too. I don't think their puncture resistance is any different apart from the fact that you can run sealant in them and that is pretty effective.

To patch them I believe you just put a conventional patch on the inside, however if they have sealant in them (and it fails to seal) I guess you'd have to clean that off before parching and if its a big hole or tear you need a boot.

Their principal disadvantage is that they are difficult to mount and remove.

I have a set but I haven't given them a good run yet.
judged, insulted, gone

Robdog

Postby Robdog » Fri May 13, 2011 2:32 pm

notwal wrote:
Robdog wrote:
They are supposed to have less rolling resistance too. I don't think their puncture resistance is any different apart from the fact that you can run sealant in them and that is pretty effective.

To patch them I believe you just put a conventional patch on the inside, however if they have sealant in them (and it fails to seal) I guess you'd have to clean that off before parching and if its a big hole or tear you need a boot.

Their principal disadvantage is that they are difficult to mount and remove.

I have a set but I haven't given them a good run yet.
As with any tyre, puncture resistance and longevity depend on which one you buy, but Cruiserman has put 1000k's on his Intensives and hasn't had a puncture. Having a look at them last night there was a reasonable cut in the tyre we could see 2 little spots of sealant in, but clearly it was doing it's job. That's the point of the system, trying to avoid the small punctures caused by chips of glass and thorns. You can't pinch flat either, and because of this you can use tyre levers
2019 BMC TimeMachine R01
201x S-Works Shiv
2009 Avanti Cadent Team

familyguy

Postby familyguy » Fri May 13, 2011 3:45 pm

Picked it up today, gotta give it a tune and get on it.

Jim

ajmit3

Postby ajmit3 » Fri May 13, 2011 3:53 pm

nutsack wrote:Finally got my insurance replacement bike, but due to getting less then original value of my bike + accessories replaced I decided to get a cash settlement and import a bike from the US (Competitve Cyclist). The 2010 model has nicer paint scheme than my previous 2009 Racemaster.

Am planning on ordering some wheels from TWE shortly once I get a bit more cash from parts sales from my old bikes.
Sexy looking bike. Yeah - it sucks that its raining all the time - I want to ride my baby too. Keeping it clean might be a bit annoying with the white if you're anal about it. I am - going to invest in a set of baby wipes to clean the drive train everytime I take her out...

CapnDan

Postby CapnDan » Fri May 13, 2011 6:37 pm

I has a bicycle.

Felt F-85 (2011 model) (at Jindalee)

mods:
saddle: Selle San Marco SMP Fusion 3
front brake: Shimano 105 w/ SWISSstop
rear brake: Shimano 105 w/ SWISSstop
computer: Bontrager TRIP 5w
bidon cage: LOOK
bottle: CAMELbak podiumICE
mirrors: x2 ItalianRaceMirrors
pedals: LOOK Keo Classic
------------------------------------------------------
CapnDan H(ing)TFU one pedal stroke at a time

CapnDan

Postby CapnDan » Fri May 13, 2011 6:39 pm

MarkG wrote:Current update as of May 2011 -

Time iClic carbon pedals and Shimano Dura Ace C50 carbon clinchers with Conti GP4000 rubber.

insanely beautiful Felt bicycle.

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Fri May 13, 2011 8:17 pm

Felt owners unite! One day I'll own a Felt AR0!
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

cpical

Postby cpical » Sat May 14, 2011 7:11 am

nutsack wrote:Finally got my insurance replacement bike, but due to getting less then original value of my bike + accessories replaced I decided to get a cash settlement and import a bike from the US (Competitve Cyclist). The 2010 model has nicer paint scheme than my previous 2009 Racemaster.

Great looking bike!
The cable loop to the rear derailleur looks a bit long to me. No?

bone

Postby bone » Sat May 14, 2011 10:11 pm

MarkG wrote:Current update as of May 2011 -

nice!!good looking Felt with matching helmet.

Max

Postby Max » Sun May 15, 2011 7:55 am

That's a sweet-looking bike, CapnDan. :D

Max
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy

CapnDan

Postby CapnDan » Sun May 15, 2011 10:10 am

Max wrote:That's a sweet-looking bike, CapnDan. :D

Max
Thank you. :-)

Only thing now is for me to become a pedallist worthy of such a steed.