Rockingham Beach Cruise

KALT

Rockingham Beach Cruise

Postby KALT » Mon May 16, 2011 10:29 pm

Hi the names lamby was wondering if theirs enought people in the southern side on perth (Close to rockingham) to organise a cruise along rockingham foreshore down to kwinana jetty and back

cray-

Re: Rockingham Beach Cruise

Postby cray- » Tue May 17, 2011 6:15 pm

I'm definitely keen to try and get something like this going in Perth, though I currently don't have a suitable bike to ride (my retro roadie is becoming less and less retro with every part failure & I don't have a garage atm to build up anything else). Have you joined Retro-Rollers as well? There doesn't seem to be many West Aussies but it's worth a shot.

There used to be a bunch of guys who did regular rides leaving from Hamburger Hill each Friday night. Swing bikes, dragsters, oldschool bmx, etc. I'm struggling to find the forum/website they used to hang out on. I found mention of these rides here on OzBMX ...sounds like they moved the meet point to South Perth McDonalds. Though there is a big gap in postings, the last one is Feb and winter must surely mean a smaller turn out. Might be worth hanging out there one Friday night and see if anyone is around to chat to?

The freak bike community in Perth seems to be almost non-existent. There are plenty of bikes around, but people never come together in big enough groups, at least not that I'm aware of. The Freo fixie/hipster/polo/bike co-op brigade manage to draw decent crowds, if that's your thing. http://dismantle.org.au/

Keep posting, get some pics up here (when you hit 10 posts) and see if you can't poach a few more interested parties from other relevant forums.

KALT

Postby KALT » Wed May 18, 2011 5:19 pm

yeh i know what u mean but if theirs enought retro riders bmxs and any thing inbetween are more than welcome just wanna try and get as many people as i can to ride with koz yeh the wa custom bike scene is pretty bad so if we can get people hanging out on regular rides might help but any ideads right now r good ideas

KALT

Postby KALT » Wed May 18, 2011 5:37 pm

haha a mate sujested making a thingo on facebook so i have do so its called perth lowriders but every type of old bike is welcome the more the merrier so spread the word

KALT

Postby KALT » Wed May 18, 2011 8:34 pm

if not rockingham freo

KALT

Postby KALT » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:10 pm

the ozbmx site was good but dead as anything

KALT

Postby KALT » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:07 pm

Ok this ride will b happening on the18th june this month all meet at the pagola on rockingham beach around 12 1230 any type of bike is welcome to join the cruise so hope to see a few people turn out

KALT

Postby KALT » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:36 pm

if its raining saturday this event will b moved to next weekend so pray to the bike gods for some good weather

KALT

Postby KALT » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:36 pm

due to rain last weekend this event was canceled. Date will be moved to next weekend 2nd july same time meet up at 12 around the rockingham jetty the ride towards kwinana jetty but not the whole way due to no foot path

KALT

Postby KALT » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:30 pm

CANCLED DUE TO NOT ENOUGHT INTRESSET