Micargi Puma stretch cruiser

mrmorbid

Micargi Puma stretch cruiser

Postby mrmorbid » Sun May 15, 2011 10:02 am

G'day all. Scored this Micargi for a good price, and have turned it into a slow n low pedalscraper. Hope you all like.

How I got it.

How it is now except for grips. Am changing cranks to 5.5" as the 4.5" ones on there are way too small to pedal comfortably.

Cheers,
Darren

cray-

Re: Micargi Puma stretch cruiser

Postby cray- » Tue May 17, 2011 6:21 pm

Interesting, seen this on RR I think. Is it actually rideable? I mean more than just up the driveway and back, what kind of riding position do you need to pretzel yourself into? I'm not trying to take the piss, I've seen plenty of "show bikes" that forgo all practicality for a sense of style and I recognise the skills and effort gone into making them. But I'm much more interested in the bikes that can still be used for their intended purpose and look good doing so. Nice work either way. =]

mrmorbid

Postby mrmorbid » Tue May 17, 2011 8:18 pm

G'day cray-,
I know what you mean about non practible bikes. This isn't too bad to ride on. I took her out for its first ride on Sunday and besides the 6.5" cranks digging the pedals into the path, she is fairly compfy to ride on.
The family and I went from Largs Bay to Semaphore which is about a 3-4km ride I am guessing. The big thing to get used to is the bent springer forks as the front wheel is sitting way out in front of you. The turning circle is pretty average, but I got into the swing of it.
Anyway, here is a pic of my 5'10" overweight body on it, giving you an idea of the riding position.

Cheers,
Darren

cray-

Postby cray- » Wed May 18, 2011 12:21 pm

Cheers for the pic Darren, it really helps clarify things. It's a bit hard to imagine the riding position when you can't tell the scale and relationship of the seat to bars to pedals. The pic shows that it's not as bad as I had imagined. Could definitely see this thing cruising the seaside bike paths on a sunny day and pulling bulk looks, very nice work. Any plans for pinstriping/airbrushing/decals? Looks like a nice amount of space in the "tank" area near the head tube to do something creative.

mrmorbid

Postby mrmorbid » Wed May 18, 2011 6:58 pm

You're right cray-, that area could maybe benefit from something. I am no airbrusher or pinstriper, so may look at sending her to a pro down the track.
I was thinking about selling her and building another, but not sure now. If I keep her I am looking st some wider 26" rims with a 3 speed rear, and a suicide shifter.

18htan

Postby 18htan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:28 pm

Another scraper...! Yay!

Nice colour choice as well... 8)

Hear is one of mine:

mrmorbid

Postby mrmorbid » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:00 pm

G'day 18tan. Thanks for the comments mate. It's a shame you're 800Kms + away, we coulda hooked up for a ride.

18htan

Postby 18htan » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:36 am

I know man!

Not many scrapers in Oz.

I built mine a couple years ago, it just blows people away when they see it.