Getting from kingsley to malaga

dpccatcher

Getting from kingsley to malaga

Postby dpccatcher » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:48 pm

Hey there everyone I just moved to Australia and decided to save money and get a bike. Just picked up an old indy 500 road bike. Anyway. I was wondering if anyone could help me and finding the best way to get from kingsley ( near the whitfords station) to malaga (the beach road and Alexander road intersection).

I have searched on google using the walking routes option and it give me 2 routes but I was just wondering if anyone knew any better ways.

From Google:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=kent+way+ ... =en&tab=wl

Thank you so much for any help.

Marty Moose

Re: Getting from kingsley to malaga

Postby Marty Moose » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:39 pm

I'd go Kingsley Drive, Hepburn ave to Mirrabooka ave turn right, left at Beach road then to Malaga.

MM

zh_302

Postby zh_302 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:21 pm

I commute once a week from the north end of the freeway to Malaga and use this route once I get to the northern end of Moolanda Blvd -

Left onto Alconbury rd
Right onto Goollelal Drive
Left onto Bindaree Tce
Left onto Hepburn Ave (its all cycleways from here onwards)
Right onto Alexander Drive
Crossover Beach Rd and Kent way is just on your left :D

I avoid using Hepburn ave between the freeway and Wanneroo rd. Its not bad if you ride on the road but the 'cycleways' are terrible, except for the new part laid last month which is only 500m long!
2011 Scott Speedster S20
2011 Giant Cross City 4
2013 Trek 3500 disc

dpccatcher

Postby dpccatcher » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:53 pm

Thank for the quick replies. Ill give them both a try and write back how they went. Thank you again zh and Marty Moose.

dpccatcher

Postby dpccatcher » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:05 pm

well on the way to malaga i went down kingsley drive to hepburn then straight to alexander and down to malaga. Was ok but you were right about the cycle path being crap and I had to ride on the road at around 6am which felt kinda dangerous. Took about an hour. (first time riding)

One the way home I went alexander to hepburn. then right on goollelal. left on legacy (i think it was called) right on moolanda and then left onto the cycle trail. Took me 40 minutes to get home. Once on the cycle trail it was super easy riding, seemed like i coasted the whole thing. Im going to try this way going to work next time.

Becker_11

Postby Becker_11 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:05 am

Good for you mate for getting on your bike and giving it a go. Welcome to the forums as well.
Regards
Nathaniel

A great adventure starts with a single step

dpccatcher

Postby dpccatcher » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:49 pm

zh_302

Postby zh_302 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:51 pm

Yeah well done mate, hope you are enjoying the ride :D

I was wondering what you meant when you said you took the 'cycle trail' on the way home, so I looked it up on Nearmap and there it was!
Didnt realise it was even there so I might give it a try next week, cheers dpccatcher ! :D
2011 Scott Speedster S20
2011 Giant Cross City 4
2013 Trek 3500 disc

Magnum9

Postby Magnum9 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:57 am

If you go down Mirrabooka Ave instead of Alexander Dr you get the cycle lane on the road like on Hepburn. Also you cut the hill off so you are not going down the hill on Hepburn then back up on Alexander.