Kinetic Stationary Trainers

stevodevo

Postby stevodevo » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:24 pm

Hi Guys,

Now it's getting cold I'm looking at buying an indoor trainer and have read some good things about the Kinetic by Kurt trainers. There are 2 models I'm looking at - the Road Machine (http://www.ozbergs.com.au/products/Kine ... ainer.html) and the Rock and Roll Trainer (http://www.ozbergs.com.au/products/Kurt ... ainer.html). They both look pretty good, but the Road Machine is about half the price of the Rock and Roll. In your opinion is it worth spending the extra $400 odd for the Rock and Roll with the side to side motion?

Appreciate the advice! :)

Stevo

nescius

Re: Kinetic Stationary Trainers

Postby nescius » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:20 am

I have the Road Machine and I like it a lot, I haven't tried the Rock and Roll but I have heard good things about it. The Road Machine is definitely nice to use, it feels quite realistic, and I would happily recommend one to anyone looking for a good indoor trainer. If I was looking to buy a trainer and I had the cash I would probably go for the Rock and Roll for an even more realistic experience.
Scott Spark 900 RC | Yeti Arc | Yeti SB130 | Trek Madone 4.5 | Look 695 SR ipack

Nobody

Postby Nobody » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:26 pm

I also have a Road Machine and although also having not tried the other would recommend you look closely at rollers if you are willing to pay twice the price for a more realistic experience.

waggarider

Postby waggarider » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:38 pm

I've got the Rock & Roll with the additional flywheel. Best trainer I've ever owned in 20+ years of riding. The sprung ride makes it less arduous on your butt and the ride is smooth as silk. With the big flywheel, long rides are very manageable. Plus you can get out of the saddle quite readily, useful for breaks and for massive efforts.

XClemX

Postby XClemX » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:43 pm

For $800 I would have thought the LeMond Trainer would have been the better buy..