Oh Cr^p - Shoulder is buggered again

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
ColinOldnCranky

Re: Oh Cr^p - Shoulder is buggered again

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Sat May 21, 2011 9:44 pm

For those who show an interest, which I am flattered that so so many seem to, the scans pleased my surgeon a lot, though I am not sure if he has dropped the bar a little after the previously unsuccessful surgery.

Still not doing any physio. But I am now allowed to drive a car a little with care (no parallel parking for example). Sad to say however that he is not keen to let me out on the unicycle just yet. Perhaps when I see him next he will be ok with that.

I see the surgeon again in a little less than four weeks. I hope to see a few of your butts riding away from me at speed around then.
Last edited by ColinOldnCranky on Sun May 22, 2011 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sat May 21, 2011 10:11 pm

Sounds like a good second start Col, hope it keeps going this time. xfingers :wink:

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Mon May 23, 2011 5:34 pm

Yep what Mulger said,now do as the Doc says!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :mrgreen:
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Mon May 23, 2011 7:03 pm

Glad to hear the good news Colin. :)

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:56 pm

Well, I am expecting to be heading back to work in the next week, and hopefully cleared for physio.

But more immediately, I am going to mount up tomorrow in front of the drive way and ride the cul de sac and see if my riding legs are still all there.

If there are no issues (and from experience there should not be) then I can commence commuting on it from the first day back.

I hope to see some of you in the next week or so. Ring yr bell or Zound yr horn as you fly past me.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:53 pm

ImageYew beaudy! Really good to hear that, Colin.

Hopefully it's a bit warmer over there than it has been here the last couple of days.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:27 am

Happy dances by everyone! :mrgreen:
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

ColinOldnCranky

Re: Allelujah!

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:25 pm

I saw my surgeon last Monday out of concern that my shoulder was again as it was in March - that is when we discovered that the surgical reconnections had not happened, resulting in repeating the procedure.

He confirmed that the tendons indeed were not conected to the humerus. We had previously established that there would be no point in trying this partuclar surgery a fourth time. We discussed only briefly the options to either strengthen the Deltoids to compensate as much as possible nd give me, maybe, 50% power if the LARS was not considered to be an option as he required more detailed information. Anyway, I made an appointment with a radiologist for last Friday.

The radiologist found that it IS all connected. Surprise! Allelujah! :mrgreen:

Albeit the tendon is "thin" and therefore not yet up to working hard I suppose. I have no idea what options that gives me, though I am wondering if months and months of extremely low levels of use of the shoulder loadwise has contributed to this. Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing my surgeon's response to this unexpected development. And to hopefully being told to get my raggedy arSe along to the gym and start working out again.

8)

bradwoodbr

Re: Allelujah!

Postby bradwoodbr » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:48 pm

ColinOldnCranky wrote: The radiologist found that it IS all connected. Surprise! Allelujah! :mrgreen:

+1
Optima Baron Raptor
Low Racer - Recumbent
http://lowracerrider.blogspot.com/
Rotovelo velomobile

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:34 pm

I have picked up the juggling gear a little in recnet times and, boy, am I out of condition? So since Monday I have been bringing in my juggling clubs and doing a short session in the park near the office. After two or threee minutes the right armstarts to feel heavy. I suspect that the only reason the left arm isn't is because I have to quit after around ten minutes.

Still, three days in and I get the feeling that it is already making a difference. And the arm feels ok within a short time. Though perhaps I am kidding myself. :(

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:12 pm

Baby steps first Colin, don't go and undo the connection. :wink: :mrgreen:

Foo
Goal 6000km