find_bruce wrote:I don't want to alarm you but I would strongly advise against leaving the battery on charge overnight. All of these lights use lithium batteries & there have been a few reports of the battery venting a emitting a short burst of flame. The numbers from one american distributor Geomangear were 3 units in 20,000. From what I hae been able to gather on forums such as Candlepower.com & forums.mtbr.com the risk while real, it is low and it seems that this is often caused by the battery being overcharged by being left on after it is fully charged.
Interesting stuff - thanks for the info
I have 2 batteries
Charged 1 x abt 8 hrs last night
Left the other to charge today from 6am till I got home at 6pm - so 12 hrs
I've had these for over 12 months now and I've never had a problem...but I understand what you are saying
I use them every weekday (With front and rear plugged in on a y adapter) and most weekends - average about 12 hrs a week on them
They certainly have been value for money
I still have a third Battery that I have NEVER USED !!!