Cycling Express - New online shop to compete with UK....

jcjordan

Re: Cycling Express - New AUS online shop to compete with UK

Postby jcjordan » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:37 pm

anyone know how many come in the Lezyne bulk pack of CO2 canisters?
James
Veni, Vidi, Vespa -- I Came, I Saw, I Rode Home

Nobody

Postby Nobody » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:06 pm

HAKS wrote:Helmets could be the big winner if they are comparatively priced and come with the AUS standard sticker.
+1

For those simple folk like me who couldn't find the site easily from reading this thread:
http://www.cyclingexpress.com

sogood

Postby sogood » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:23 pm

Ok, I think I've found the first bug on their site.

Tried to purchase a few tubes with a total of just under $12. At check out, I was assigned Australian Accessories Delivery of $9.90 for P&H. But on their Shipping and Handling FAQ, P&H should have been $6.95 for combined purchase of $0-40.

Oh well, I'll hold off until they've fixed that.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

lyno

Postby lyno » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:24 pm

ozzymac wrote:Good looking site and prices are good to.

Just needs a bit of work on the site, one issue I noticed was lack of sizing on the Helmets that are for sale.

I had a look at a few and there is no mention of available sizes, added one to basket, still no sign of sizing.

Besides that better pics of the bikes on offer might be nice to.

Otherwise looking good.

Cheers
Similar problem with the Gu energy gels, there is no option to select specific flavours. Also the way you have done the cartons of 24 allows you to put 1 gel in at the lower price. You should just list it as 1 carton of 24 for $47.76 and then in the description say it equates to $1.99 per gel.

2011 Oppy C6

}SkOrPn--7

Postby }SkOrPn--7 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:31 pm

Great site and a nice layout prices are not too bad at the moment but I see your addressing to match c r c and Wiggles to be more competitive which is good. While I did hold off placing a order with c r c to give you guy a chance what I wanted wasn't listed or no where in the right price bracket for me to commit at this stage but it's early days yet so I'm not giving up I will keep checking back. I did place a few things in my basket because I felt the price was right and the items could be used however the basket was cancelled when I went to the checkout. I hate creating accounts I like to checkout as a guest so maybe something to look into because that stopped me right there.

Ricky

justinfoxau

Postby justinfoxau » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:32 pm

Guys I personally consider this a "soft launch". I like to look at the big picture, and in my vision the shop will be flying high in a few months from now.

Considering it's only day 1 (not even) the guys will surely have more than a few bug issues to deal with. Where the company has the opportunity to shine is listening to the community, and putting the work in to make the changes happen fast.

I have no doubt that you guys are shaping the business with your input, and that your input is being both considered, and appreciated very seriously.

munga

Postby munga » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:34 pm

hope you plan to stock some cyclocross handlebars

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:26 am

Hi

If anyone wants to place an order worth $50 or more in the next seven days, this code will save you $10. 876189-515213

Andrew

}SkOrPn--7

Postby }SkOrPn--7 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:32 am

I would also like to point out that I dislike over rating list prices because we are not stupid as the RRP for Sidi Ergo 2 Carbon Lite shoes is $469.95 straight from Cassons so CE the $599 you display as list price and discount isn't 28% off. CE this needs to be sorted so the truth is being shown and not misleading because we online shoppers are not your everyday smucks. This was one item that was on my c r c list to purchase and it shows poor form if your going to puff the discount % for a new online store to partake in.

mmhbeer

Postby mmhbeer » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:16 am

They will only pricematch c r c and Wiggle. They wont price match Ribble or PBK.

Seems odd to me not to pricematch all of the usual UK shops.

Good luck to them in their new venture. I hope to spend there rather than send my money overseas.

Some of their tyres are twice the price of Wiggle. Seems weird when they're trying to match prices rather than you having to request a price match.

R12RT

Postby R12RT » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:33 am

Aushiker wrote:Hi

If anyone wants to place an order worth $50 or more in the next seven days, this code will save you $10. 876189-515213

Andrew

Or you could try this code: 494152-359946

First in...
John Beaven
2010 Malvern Star Oppy C6
2014 Giant Propel Advanced 1

R12RT

Postby R12RT » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:35 am

jcjordan wrote:anyone know how many come in the Lezyne bulk pack of CO2 canisters?

Havr you checked out Cell for CO2 canisters. They have a good price on bulk canisters.
John Beaven
2010 Malvern Star Oppy C6
2014 Giant Propel Advanced 1

l45er

Postby l45er » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:41 am

Reps - any indication if you'll be stocking big name clothing brands?

i.e. Assos, Santini, Sportful, Nalini, Sugoi, Pearl Izumi and the like? These are the sorts of items i'm after at reasonable prices.

bostonceltics

Postby bostonceltics » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:19 am

}SkOrPn--7 wrote: we are not stupid as the RRP for Sidi Ergo 2 Carbon Lite shoes is $469.95... this needs to be sorted so the truth is being shown and not misleading because we online shoppers are not your everyday smucks. This was one item that was on my c r c list to purchase and it shows poor form if your going to puff the discount % for a new online store to partake in.
Wow man, take it easy. Just let us know were we have made mistakes and we will correct them for you as soon as possible.

As for the big clothing brands guys we are on it now, we will definitely have at least one to several of those brands you mention. :)

(the rrp on the sidi shoe's has been corrected now)
Last edited by bostonceltics on Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

bostonceltics

Postby bostonceltics » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:23 am

mmhbeer wrote:They will only pricematch c r c and Wiggle. They wont price match Ribble or PBK.

Seems odd to me not to pricematch all of the usual UK shops.

Good luck to them in their new venture. I hope to spend there rather than send my money overseas.

Some of their tyres are twice the price of Wiggle. Seems weird when they're trying to match prices rather than you having to request a price match.
PM me with any mistakes you've noticed so I can fix them up.

Guys there's obviously a fair few mistakes and things we are in the process of fixing. If you pm me about them I can try to get them fixed up quicker for you.
Last edited by bostonceltics on Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:45 am

Just PM'ed but thought this was a good thread to post people's suggestions and get the collective's thoughts.
Amateur oenologist and green-friendly commuter.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:49 am

R12RT wrote:
jcjordan wrote:anyone know how many come in the Lezyne bulk pack of CO2 canisters?

Havr you checked out Cell for CO2 canisters. They have a good price on bulk canisters.
or http://www.finewhip.com.au

Andrew

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:51 am

}SkOrPn--7 wrote:I would also like to point out that I dislike over rating list prices because we are not stupid as the RRP for Sidi Ergo 2 Carbon Lite shoes is $469.95 straight from Cassons so CE the $599 you display as list price and discount isn't 28% off. CE this needs to be sorted so the truth is being shown and not misleading because we online shoppers are not your everyday smucks. This was one item that was on my c r c list to purchase and it shows poor form if your going to puff the discount % for a new online store to partake in.
I never take any notice of the discounts ... bottom line price is the only dollar amount to consider IMO. Inflating "discounts" is the oldest trick in the book don't Kathmandu know.

Andrew

}SkOrPn--7

Postby }SkOrPn--7 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:52 pm

Aushiker wrote:
}SkOrPn--7 wrote:I would also like to point out that I dislike over rating list prices because we are not stupid as the RRP for Sidi Ergo 2 Carbon Lite shoes is $469.95 straight from Cassons so CE the $599 you display as list price and discount isn't 28% off. CE this needs to be sorted so the truth is being shown and not misleading because we online shoppers are not your everyday smucks. This was one item that was on my c r c list to purchase and it shows poor form if your going to puff the discount % for a new online store to partake in.
I never take any notice of the discounts ... bottom line price is the only dollar amount to consider IMO. Inflating "discounts" is the oldest trick in the book don't Kathmandu know.

Andrew
Most times I don't either but the inflating "Discounts" trick just erk's me no end and is one of the many reasons why I don't bother with locals and just go OS to make purchases when I see this caper. I accept BC saying it was a mistake and he has rectified it very quickly it just stood out more because it was on my list to purchase but c r c was still a 100 clams cheaper and I'm not playing the email game of price matching either. As there store develops and grows as I'm sure it will I just got to keep checking in before I make purchases because I'm loyal to no one and Australian retailers have to make the effort to win me back it's that simple.

Ricky

bostonceltics

Postby bostonceltics » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:56 pm

sogood wrote:
goneriding wrote:I'd also expect that over the first month or so there will be some problems as the load increases on the site as typically projects of this type don't consider this in their requirements...
Crashing servers I can cope, just come back after midnight. But I sure hope they have their security system done properly. ...I am hesitant with handing out my CC details to a new site.
Just FYI guys, CE doesn't hold card numbers, they are processed via secure pay so there won't be any problems with cc's.

sogood

Postby sogood » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:52 pm

mmhbeer wrote:They will only pricematch c r c and Wiggle. They wont price match Ribble or PBK.
Ummm... The subtle CE message there is that we should just visit Ribble and PBK for the best prices. Forget c r c, Wiggle and CE. :mrgreen:

sogood

Postby sogood » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:54 pm

bostonceltics wrote:Just FYI guys, CE doesn't hold card numbers, they are processed via secure pay so there won't be any problems with cc's.
Thanks for the info. That's good to know for the security conscious buyers.

bostonceltics

Postby bostonceltics » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:30 pm

sogood wrote:
Ummm... The subtle CE message there is that we should just visit Ribble and PBK for the best prices. Forget c r c, Wiggle and CE. :mrgreen:
There's no subtle message there bro, it's been a massive job to research wiggle and c r c price and try and stick or be close to them - they aren't even price matching each other remember and they are the two biggest online stores on the planet!!

Imagine trying to research the prices of four different websites and then trying to constantly be cheaper or as cheap as the cheapest of the four, it would basically be an impossible job, which is why no-one in the world is currently doing it. Imagine the staff you'd have to hire just to constantly check the prices on thousands of items on four different sites...

Anyway, thanks for the support and the PM's guys, seriously awesome, we'll keep getting the products up so keep coming at me with suggestions! And a massive thanks to bicycles.net.au for letting the comm's happen, this is definitely one of the best forums on the net in my opinion. Actually I'm super keen to get a link on the Cycling Express website for these forums/site, that is if the admin don't mind...

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:36 pm

bostonceltics wrote:Imagine trying to research the prices of four different websites and then trying to constantly be cheaper or as cheap as the cheapest of the four, it would basically be an impossible job, which is why no-one in the world is currently doing it.
Made easier for you .... viewtopic.php?f=9&t=40597 :wink:

Andrew

Dac

Postby Dac » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:54 pm

Don't understand this "price match" stuff

If all it took was matching Chain Reaction and Wiggle I'd set up a shop buying from Ribble and Bike24 and selling at Wiggle prices. Both of these are consistently cheaper, even allowing for postage. Unfortunately for this business model most cyclists are smart enough to work this out for themselves