precious commuters

CommuRider

Re: precious commuters

Postby CommuRider » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:25 am

Kenzo wrote:
sogood wrote:
CommuRider wrote:Funnily enough, this Trek rider I have seen over the last few weeks finally said "hello" to me. Took me by surprise. Usually he ignores me - one of those non-wearing helmet types - and pretends I don't exist. But yesterday he finally did. Still the grumpy sort though and probably lacking in social skills etc etc etc
:shock:

Do bike commuters really expect all other bike riders to say "hello"?
No, but if you see the same rider often enough, then it should be polite to at least smile....
Don't worry @sogood I will never say hello to you since I have you on ignore on this forum (if you haven't figured that out already).
Amateur oenologist and green-friendly commuter.

Nobody

Postby Nobody » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:42 am

CommuRider wrote:Don't worry @sogood I will never say hello to you since I have you on ignore on this forum (if you haven't figured that out already).
Almost got run down this morning? Bad day at work (so far)?

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:08 pm

Nobody wrote:
CommuRider wrote:Don't worry @sogood I will never say hello to you since I have you on ignore on this forum (if you haven't figured that out already).
Nope, just to finally end - hopefully - @sogood's snide remarks to me in this forum over the last few months.
Amateur oenologist and green-friendly commuter.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:26 pm

CommuRider wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Nope, just to finally end - hopefully - @sogood's snide remarks to me in this forum over the last few months.
Ouch ... maybe the better option is not to play the same game and simply not respond? 8)

Andrew

rpmspinman

Postby rpmspinman » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:38 pm

Im still a noob when it comes to cycling and etiquette thats supposed to be used, I've only been riding for a few weeks. Pardon my ignorance if I come across stupidly.

Just out of being nice I will say g'day to other riders, I don't expect a full blown conversation with hugs and kisses, but I guess a hello back would be nice every now and again. lol

On subject of people yelling out they are passing from up behind, I can see why that would be wise to say incase you were to vere out unexpectedly.

What I don't get is why someone would be so interested in another person talking on the phone with no hands if they aren't obstructing other pedestrians or riders? Sure it's unsafe but is it necessarily their business to make comment or judge? Feel free to set my thinking straight.

As for people riding without helmet's, I think they are silly to do so, but think that's up to them and serves them right if they get fined or have a bad accident. I won't say nothing as I guess I feel I am in no position to enforce the law.
Cheers
Shav

My Bikes:
2011 Kona Dew Plus (commuter)
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 (road)
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD

jules21

Postby jules21 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:59 pm

rpmspinman wrote:What I don't get is why someone would be so interested in another person talking on the phone with no hands if they aren't obstructing other pedestrians or riders? Sure it's unsafe but is it necessarily their business to make comment or judge? Feel free to set my thinking straight.
as an impartial observer, i wholeheartedly agree :)