EON - goes racing.....

aeroslave

Re: EON - goes racing.....

Postby aeroslave » Tue May 10, 2011 4:43 am

Boom boom boom! 8)
http://veloviewer is broken/SigImage.php?a=33 ... ij&z=a.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

scotto

Postby scotto » Tue May 10, 2011 8:16 am

mikesbytes wrote:You'll go fine in A grade

How much are you selling the 404's for?
i was thinking the same thing !

eon

Postby eon » Tue May 10, 2011 9:19 am

mikesbytes wrote:How much are you selling the 404's for?
Will sell it for the price i paid for it about a month ago.
$1300 2009 ZIPPs tubular, w ZIPP tyres reglued by Blackmans and zipp skewers. Cost me +$50 to get them reglued but wont ask for that back.

Beautiful looking rims - I just don't race enough to justify it, and honestly i cant tell the difference.
I ride an ALLOY bike now and have had a couple of full carbon and carbon/alloy bikes before. The difference to me is minimal.

Maybe I dont race enough to appreciate the difference. But i guess for pps that race CRIT/TT/ROAD etc etc on a regular, it might be of benefit.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Tue May 10, 2011 7:20 pm

A good result for you Eon! 8)

Now you will need to do your homework on the A graders. :twisted:
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

NotFlyingScot

Postby NotFlyingScot » Fri May 13, 2011 4:58 pm

I only took three photos on Sunday morning and guess who I caught in the thick of the action?

FPR Jubilado Bludger

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Fri May 13, 2011 7:48 pm

You can see the pain on the other riders faces
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

eon

Postby eon » Mon May 16, 2011 11:15 am

NotFlyingScot wrote:I only took three photos on Sunday morning and guess who I caught in the thick of the action?
:D thanks Sandy -me likes. .
Was looking through Ernies photos.. Couldnt find any good ones... maybe wasnt looking hard enough.
and for some reason Earnies site loads extremely slow on my machine. ? :evil:

eon

Postby eon » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:16 pm

Penrith Club Road Championship at the Regatta ...

First time in A :D me likes... First time at the Regatta ??? eh.... :|

What better place to Jump in to A than in an Club Championship and 2hours of pain.... lol... :D
Fog was so thick - awesome conditions for a breakaway, cos you cant see what's ahead of you. When one forms I was gonna give it a crack...

2 Man got away after a few laps and we pretty much never saw them again :shock: :shock: .. They we're A+++++ ..
but lets get back to A grade.. pretty uneventful the first 30 minutes and breakaways we're pretty quickly shutdown.. by the 50th minute there was a small group out. I found myself along with 4 other guys rolling chasing the break. took us a couple of laps before we saw them and eventually got them.. :D was awesome I was feeling good putting in some pulls at the front..

by about 80minutes there was another good break that seemed to be starting to stick.... I helped chase again but once i got a glimpse of the breakaway group - i went for a sprint to join them, none followed me so was sweet to bridge the gap... :D :D got a bit of rest, then started to participate with the break. Good pace for about a lap and a half - then one of the younger "strong" rider started to peel off.. was a bit confused, then looked back and the peloton was prob about 50 meters behind us. I guess with 40min to go it would be hard to keep the break so I peeled back with him and joined the group.

another break took of and I latched on quickly but we got caught within the same lap. at about 100 minutes i was starting to feel spent. so sat in to recover. after the S bends and on the straight, i heard wheels touched followed by a bang - rider or a couple of them went down... :( :( by the next lap we got onto the same straight there was 2 or 3 other riders down on the ground and everyone is yelling to slow down. the following lap - there was an ambulance and a few cars on the straight and they had moved the final line forward ( so it was going to be a short sprint after the bends. )

got scared at this point, thinking to myself " i dont want to go home in an ambo" :shock: :cry:

last lap came pace picked up, with everyone fighting for position before the narrow straight. 3-4lines formed in the narrow section. We're taking cms apart.. too close for my liking. Got jammed in the middle with nowhere to go. so just rolled till after the narrow section. took a few position just before the bridge and was sitting top 10, but the approach to the Sbends was a litte ugly. People diving and taking risks. I whimped out and just held my line ... Didn't contest the sprint either, was out of position anyway - and prob out of Juice too... Rolled in the 15th-20th....
I'm happy with that. Didnt have the nerves :oops: to go with the risk takers. Well done to the break away to stay out for that long.... justtoo strong

I hope the casualties in the stacks are ok... :(

scotto

Postby scotto » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:21 pm

[quote="eon"]Penrith Club Road Championship at the Regatta ...

First time in A :D me likes... quote]

well you can have a grade. my legs still aching. saw u fly past once or twice.
I got to spend a little way in a small group at the front - which made my c grader smile very wide - and then i rejoined the pack.
each lap followed the same routine. recover down the narrow straight at around 38km/h, slow down over the bridge to the s-bends, then 50km/h out of the esses to the bridge.
I didnt look forward to that and work hard over the bridge and up the hill to get in a good position for the upcoming push.

Then there was a crash right in front of me. looked like someone was a bit fatigued and drifted out of his line into a passing rider, 3 down, i ended up steering off down the embankment, and stopped to help out, which was handy as the first aide team then had to attend the slower grades who had a more significant crash about 50m behind us on thier final sprint. 3 of us got back into the race, and while i though the lap off and little rest would be nice, i just started cramping.

Ended up finishing in the main bunch, but stoked about finishing.70km at a 40km/h average.
The ambo was for the d graders. the guy in our crash just had a large head wound with lots of blood, but was up moving and bitching about whoever caused it ( always a good sign)

ruscook

Postby ruscook » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:27 pm

Wow C grade doing a 40km/h average :shock: :shock: :shock: That's gotta hurt!.

Ehli well done in A mate. That's an awesome effort. The fact you could hold your own, first time in the grade and track and know what you were doing is fantastic. :D
GT Avalanche 1.0 | TCR Alliance 0 | Giant Bowery | BMW K1300R
Two wheels good, Four wheels bad

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:47 pm

eon wrote:Penrith Club Road Championship at the Regatta ...

2 Man got away after a few laps and we pretty much never saw them again :shock: :shock: .. They we're A+++++ ..
but lets get back to A grade..... :(
:lol: :lol:

Top effort in A grade Ehly 8) Was Shaun out there ?

Regatta seems to be a bad place for crashes.
FPR Ragamuffin

aeroslave

Postby aeroslave » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:41 am

Nice racing with you Eon. I was behind you and Shaun as well. I saw people darting everywhere just as we went down the bridge. 30+ Riders darting towards the S bends on that last lap made me ease off. The race was over for me at that time :-) It won't make a difference anyway if I am 30th or 20th without a full collarbone intact! :lol: Nice racing though....hardest 2 hours in my racing life LOL!

Anyone know how many riders are there in Division 1? It felt like 70+?!?!
Last edited by aeroslave on Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://veloviewer is broken/SigImage.php?a=33 ... ij&z=a.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

aeroslave

Postby aeroslave » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:46 am

By the way, congrats to Callum's 13 year old brother, Scott as I was told by Shaun he got 2nd place in the Division 2 race! Awesome! 8)

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:23 pm

30+ riders in a club championships, there must be something in the water in Penrith. Great aggressive riding !!!!!
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

aeroslave

Postby aeroslave » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:58 am

mikesbytes wrote:30+ riders in a club championships, there must be something in the water in Penrith. Great aggressive riding !!!!!

I just had a look at the PCC website: 52 riders :-) Felt like 70+ the way the lanes were clogged up with crashes and elbow to elbow action. Tell you what only about 40 finished with the pace :-)

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:12 am

aeroslavebigbelly wrote:
mikesbytes wrote:30+ riders in a club championships, there must be something in the water in Penrith. Great aggressive riding !!!!!

I just had a look at the PCC website: 52 riders :-) Felt like 70+ the way the lanes were clogged up with crashes and elbow to elbow action. Tell you what only about 40 finished with the pace :-)
Hey Lou only just realised that you went around in A too, nice one 8) . All that secret Lookout training is paying off :twisted:
FPR Ragamuffin

aeroslave

Postby aeroslave » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:09 pm

Ha ha ha Chuck it was funny.....I saw Pete M. last Monday and he said how were my legs feeling :lol: He saw me gasping for air and almost looking ready to faint a lot of times :lol: Just happy to finish mid pack.

The Lookout definitely helps...its just so unsafe getting there! :(

eon

Postby eon » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:39 pm

mikesbytes wrote:Great aggressive riding !!!!!
tried to push to see how far the legs could go.
a grade breakaway do work harder and stay out longer. but must admit I was hurting a lot by the last couple of laps.
can only make u stronger I guess.
aeroslavebigbelly wrote:congrats to Callum's 13 year old brother
well done to the little fellow. hes gonna kick our @rses soon enough. :)

aeroslavebigbelly wrote:The Lookout definitely helps...its just so unsafe getting there!
lol.. wish it was only a few minutes from us. awesome training ground.
bobbin head/gorge on sunday Lu ? :D

aeroslave

Postby aeroslave » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:23 pm

Im in. Never been there :-) looks like i need my 11-28 lol!