My Tour de France

Le Velo

Re: My Tour de France

Postby Le Velo » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:57 am

toolonglegs wrote:Cheers Ireland...about time too!.

Le velo....I know where Seyssel...you get pretty close to it when you do a Grand Columbier / Col de Richmond loop.When you get back home make sure you head up there.The Grand Columbier from that side is not so bad,well it is still a huge climb but not as nasty as the western side....there is one section that averages 19% for two km's...makes you want to cry like a baby!.I can see it from my house on a clear day...it is the only mountain I can see over the top of the Bugey range apart from Mont Blanc.Beautiful countryside!.

Hi toolonglegs,
That's it! Le grand colombier is just above. There is also a massive climb to the ski station right above seyssel which is called "sur Lyand" which is great up there in summer time for some off road riding. We used to take the dirt bikes and quads up there .... Ah so many memories.....I can even smell the warm baguette......damn you ! Ha ha ha ..... Time to plan a trip home I think sooner rather than later

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:39 pm

I have only driven over that road...one day when I am feeling a bit lighter and more insane I will go and do a loop.
So many big climbs in the area to chose from!.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:59 pm

"My Tour de France" is set to continue....maybe for ever.Them's the breaks.

lethoso

Postby lethoso » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:05 am

toolonglegs wrote:"My Tour de France" is set to continue....maybe for ever.Them's the breaks.
My heart bleeds for you TLL :lol:

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:10 am

toolonglegs wrote:"My Tour de France" is set to continue....maybe for ever.Them's the breaks.
You poor bugger.

Now you have to get your act together and fix them bikes you have been collecting ......

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:51 pm

:lol: ...yes those poor bikes that are sitting there in a sad pile!.Actually I have already boxed a couple up for the container...nearly the whole house is boxed up as we initially thought we were leaving about now...then end of July...but now it seems that the top dog has produced a permanent contract out of thin air for my wife.And even though we aren't too old :roll: ...it was just too hard to turn down a job with the security that her's provides,that and I think she enjoys chasing criminals around the world!.
So there it is...off to look at a house to buy in 10 minutes (3% interest rates :D )...looked at a 700 year old house the other day :lol: ...but needed a bigger garage!.
Anyway the big issue now is Say What am I going to do with the rest of my life :oops: .

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:58 pm

If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:10 pm

Got some steel balls floating around...found a beautiful set in my freaking enormous hedge!.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:19 am

toolonglegs wrote: ....Anyway the big issue now is WT? am I going to do with the rest of my life :oops: .
Enjoy it and ride !!! Get a TdF press photography pass and brag to us about it !!!!

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:04 am

Going to miss my house when we leave at the end of the month...friday night races :D

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:14 pm

Bugger! :mrgreen:
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

daveywastaken

Postby daveywastaken » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:18 pm

great news TLL.

i enjoyed reading ur thread about a year ago and always hoped that you would b able to continue it once again. hope everything continues to improve.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:57 am

Cheers Dave!.
Yes..well been down in garage fitting the 50/34 11/28...hehe.
Next 8 days will include...Col De La Madeleine,Col de l’Echelle,Col d’Izoard,Colle delle Sestriere,Galibier via Col de Montegenevre,Alpe d’Huez... :D :shock: :lol: ...yeah I am a bit worried!.Will try and take some photos!.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:18 am

Go on rub it in TLL! :lol:

Photos or you haven't done it and with you on the bike. :wink:
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:33 am

toolonglegs wrote: Next 8 days will include...Col De La Madeleine,Col de l’Echelle,Col d’Izoard,Colle delle Sestriere,Galibier via Col de Montegenevre,Alpe d’Huez... :D
8)

You're getting paid too ? How'd you swing that ?
FPR Ragamuffin

sogood

Postby sogood » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:20 am

So how will we identify you on the SBS broadcast? Kit colour? Flag? Identifying features? 8)
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:59 pm

Yes getting paid 8) ...all will be revealed on the 25th :lol: ...if I survive,got to get going...wish I had had a bit more notice than 18 hours :oops: .

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:19 am

toolonglegs wrote:Yes getting paid 8) ...all will be revealed on the 25th :lol: ...if I survive,got to get going...wish I had had a bit more notice than 18 hours :oops: .
Lucky sod.

Need another great screensaver shot of Cadel like last years one. Please :mrgreen:

ireland57

Postby ireland57 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:18 am

toolonglegs wrote:Yes getting paid 8) ...all will be revealed on the 25th :lol: ...if I survive,got to get going...wish I had had a bit more notice than 18 hours :oops: .
You'll need someone to polish a bike or shoe or something won't you? Hint, hint!

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:10 pm

Well ......

We are waiting ..... :D

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:46 am

Yup,back at home...didn't take my "proper" camera as I couldn't really lug it around so no new screen savers sorry.
Had a pretty cool week...Col Madeliene was easy,Col de Lauteret from Briancon is very easy,missed out on Galibier as the road was closed to all bikes,also missed out on Izsoard as it was snowing,Sestriere is pretty easy although tougher than when I did it 2 years ago...fat / unfit will do that!,only descended Alpe D'huez just before the caravan came through (insane!)...as I climbed the Col de Sarenne and then descended into Alpe D'huez (much harder and rougher)...then yesterday had a ride on the Champs and did quite a few loops of the Arche de Triomphe.
Apart from that I worked my butt off and ate way too much...you wouldn't think you would lose so much fitness riding those climbs but I sure did!.

toolonglegs

My Tour de France

Postby toolonglegs » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:34 am

A while since I posted here. But I might as well keep it all in the same place.
Cyclocross race number 2!. I finished 31st out of 53. Not that great but better than last week when I finished 36th. There was way too much climbing in this course for me... Hopefully this weekends course might be a bit more rolling!. I have till Feb so will hopefully get quite a few races in before road season starts again!. Can't think of a better way to get a good 55-65 minutes super hard effort in in the middle of winter!. I was close to keeling over at the end of both of them... But already recovering quicker in my 2nd week!.
Lovin it!!!.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:54 am

Greta to see that the back/leg problems seem to be in the past. What was the end issue ?

Need some pics of you Cyclocrossing though !!!

toolonglegs

My Tour de France

Postby toolonglegs » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:55 pm

Well the issues are not quite in the past... But they are slowly resolving themselves...at least enough that I can "leap" onto a saddle these days with no stabbing pains!.
In the end it was all mechanical.
Haven't seen any pics of me on a cx bike yet , might be a good thing!. I am struggling to stay mid pack, although I must say I thought the courses would be a little bit flatter!.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:14 am

Pics....
51 starters...me way over to the left (5th rider in).
I didn't try too hard ... was surprised to be about 12th into first corner ... why didn't I try too hard ? ... because I am really heavy and unfit and didn't want to get in the way too much :lol: .
This is on top of a really steep dip ... loads of fun.
Really steep pinch climb ... but I was quicker riding than running, this is the last lap ... might be a different story in a year :D .