I need to climb hills better

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
deekrockingbeat

Re: I need to climb hills better

Postby deekrockingbeat » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:59 pm

i ride my heavy mountain bike for commute and even general riding, then i would ride my racer up hills and i notice the difference.

notwal

Postby notwal » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:38 am

toolonglegs wrote:I NEED to climb hills better to...and I have 24hours...in the next 8 days I will climb at least 8 HC climbs :lol: :lol: :lol: ....107kgs of climbing power and 24 hours notice to get ready...and I am getting paid for it :shock: :shock: :shock: .
Do you get paid for it if you fit a 30" gear and just spin, or do you have to look like you're trying?
judged, insulted, gone

grnis200

Postby grnis200 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:00 pm

jheeno wrote:any advice on what to do to improve my hill climbing ability aside from riding more ?

jogging ? i get bored of jogging quickly and I dont think I can keep it up for a long time
Buy lots of expensive carbon and titanium go fast bits and dispose of your water bottles at the bottom like the Pros.

Personally I just try to ride lots of hills on the way to work and on weekends.
Weekends: Giant TCR Advanced SL1 - Full carbon, Dura-ace, Custom 50mm tubulars
Commute: Giant TCR Alliance 1 - Carbon / Alloy Frame, full Ultegra G/set, Dura-ace 24mm CL rims, AYUP lights